HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier in Hindsight

Old
06-10-2013, 05:54 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
The Gauthier defenders are in full force.
nvm.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The front loaded aspect of the deal wasn't really that big: 6, 4, 4, 4. Habs dodged a bullet that the Stars' former management team took a chance because we'd be in an interesting cap situation if we kept him and he had the season he had.
We would be fine cap wise we just wouldn't be able to add anyone this offseason. And in all honesty if we end up signing a guy like Bickell for 3.5-4m maybe we would've been better off keeping Cole anyways. But in any case if you think there was only 1 team out there that was willing to take a chance on a guy coming off a 35 goal season then I can't help you. There will always be a team looking for scoring that thinks all the guy needs is a change of scenery.

Sorinth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Sorinth

I wasn't sure this was possible but I almost wish Gauthier was still our GM

Old
07-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Kid Dynomite

Yeah, Gauthier was great.
With him in charge, the team sucked, the culture sucked and the Habs finished 15th in the Eastern Conference.
Bring back Gauthier! I was dying for a mid-game trade anyway.

Kid Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:24 PM
lou4gehrig

God what a stupid thread. The franchise is such a better place by far. Jeezuz stop complaining and support the team.

So many whiners and haters in here. I thought this was the Habs fans board? You want Gauthier back go support Toronto.

Top 5 drafts two years in a row. Much stronger front office. Top 5 team last year. Actually playing the young players. No stupid free agent signings that we will have to buyout.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:28 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
Yeah, Gauthier was great.
With him in charge, the team sucked, the culture sucked and the Habs finished 15th in the Eastern Conference.
Bring back Gauthier! I was dying for a mid-game trade anyway.
Yeah a mid game trade on our top free agent signing too. All ppl here want are amazing fre agent signings that will either be
1. Traded mid game
2. Bought out

Anybody wanting free agents go see Philly. $40,000,000 for 1.5 seasons of Bryzgalov. That's what we want? That's the same genius GM who just signed Vinny and traded away the Vezina goalie for nothing. and who traded the core of the Stanley cup champions for spare parts. That's who we're envious of here?

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:31 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
you guys are just pathetic,

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:53 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
I wasn't sure this was possible but I almost wish Gauthier was still our GM

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:58 PM
prairie hab

Close thread please.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:00 PM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
Me and OneSharpMarble were called fools for stating that Gauthier was underrated.

Under his very brief tenure the Habs got bigger. Under Bergevin, the smallest team in the league, who gets bullied by it's two biggest rivals constantly, somehow impossibly got smaller.

Oh and we got chumped out of the playoffs in a pathetic manner, so the argument that skill > size doesn't really fly when you don't have enough skill on your roster to beat a team full of rookies and have to play Bouillon on the powerplay.

Trading and extending Drewiskie was one shrewd move, straight out of Ken Holland's book... ya mother-****er!

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:17 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It doesn't matter who the GM of this team is. We've got some huge karma debt since Sam Pollock.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:19 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Ok. I think some super mod should lock the Habs board for a day or two and temporarily ban every Habs fans from HFboards.

Its getting ugly.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Price My Man Crush

You guys don't deserve a team that can win the Stanley Cup. You always complain about what the GM does, you just can't shut the **** up for at least a minute. You can't stop, uh?

Our 1st-round pick this year was McCarron and 5 minutes after the thread was created about him, A LOT of people were complaining and some were even saying he was a bust. What the hell? I mean, stop the overreaction. Saying that you wish Gauthier was still your GM when the Montreal Canadiens were the biggest joke of the NHL last year...is one hell of a joke.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:57 PM
obcd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Me and OneSharpMarble were called fools for stating that Gauthier was underrated.

Under his very brief tenure the Habs got bigger. Under Bergevin, the smallest team in the league, who gets bullied by it's two biggest rivals constantly, somehow impossibly got smaller.

Oh and we got chumped out of the playoffs in a pathetic manner, so the argument that skill > size doesn't really fly when you don't have enough skill on your roster to beat a team full of rookies and have to play Bouillon on the powerplay.

Trading and extending Drewiskie was one shrewd move, straight out of Ken Holland's book... ya mother-****er!
The Habs got bigger by being the smalest team in the league. Yeah what a great point you made. I agree that Gauthier wasn't all that bad but your point is just terrible.

obcd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

Not sure I get this...which moves did Bergevin made that ended up making the Habs much smaller than they were before? Was Gionta a Bergevin move? Was DD a Bergevin move? And then you bash the Drewiske signing....but he is a big man isn't he?

Funny thing happening in here....to proove how Bergevin sucks...suddenly the guy before HAD to be great? If proven that Bergevin do indeed suck....isn't it possible that both Gauthier and Gainey also sucked? Not sure I get this one. Was Houle great because people were unsatisfied of André Savard's work? Or when we finally thought Gainey was awful, did that make Réjean Houle's work better?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:03 PM
andy28

One word: Kaberle.

That is all.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:06 PM
beaverBFP

Close this thread

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:12 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcd1 View Post
The Habs got bigger by being the smalest team in the league. Yeah what a great point you made. I agree that Gauthier wasn't all that bad but your point is just terrible.
Gauthier made the Habs bigger with the cammaleri trade, the Halak trade.

Gauthier went for Erik Cole on the ufa market. Mr. Charachter goes for Daniel briere.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure I get this...which moves did Bergevin made that ended up making the Habs much smaller than they were before? Was Gionta a Bergevin move? Was DD a Bergevin move? And then you bash the Drewiske signing....but he is a big man isn't he?

Funny thing happening in here....to proove how Bergevin sucks...suddenly the guy before HAD to be great? If proven that Bergevin do indeed suck....isn't it possible that both Gauthier and Gainey also sucked? Not sure I get this one. Was Houle great because people were unsatisfied of André Savard's work? Or when we finally thought Gainey was awful, did that make Réjean Houle's work better?
It's not that he was great merely not as bad.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Which reminds me, Karri Ramo apparently signed with the Flames. Wonder how he'll do.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:20 PM
OneSharpMarble

Under Gauthier we had our first season in what 20 years with 2 30 goal scorers and we acquired our most talented player in just as many years. We actually won a few trades, stockpiled draft picks and dumped cancerous players. None of that matters though because he traded for Kaberle lol

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:22 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Under Gauthier we had our first season in what 20 years with 2 30 goal scorers and we acquired our most talented player in just as many years. We actually won a few trades, stockpiled draft picks and dumped cancerous players. None of that matters though because he traded for Kaberle lol
The same season where we finished the lowest ranked in XX years? Seriously?

I thought you said watsatheo licked boots, jesus.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:27 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
The same season where we finished the lowest ranked in XX years? Seriously?

I thought you said watsatheo licked boots, jesus.
I totally forgot about that, kinda like how the NHL forgot about J. Martin. I guess the NHL decided to lose his number.

What are you his lost puppy? Get an opinion and don't just follow him around, it is pathetic.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I totally forgot about that, kinda like how the NHL forgot about J. Martin. I guess the NHL decided to lose his number.
I liked Martin but his style was kind of boring. Smart hockey man but not very adaptive it seems.

Either way, I'd bet JM gets a head coaching job before Gauthier gets a GM one. If you deny that then I don't know what to say.

Edit: FWIW, JM isn't getting a head coaching job any time soon.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:36 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I liked Martin but his style was kind of boring. Smart hockey man but not very adaptive it seems.
I wanted a change from Martin like most people here did. But I always liked him. I just thought he had lost the team and a change was needed.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote