HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 23/10/06 Buffalo @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2006, 01:12 AM
McDonagh27

vCash: 500
Alright thanks alot guys! Going to get that Higgins jersey tommorow!! You have a good looking team.. can't wait to face you guys again!

Old
10-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I'm watching Canadiens Express and Markov was far from horrible tonight.. he played a good game but had 2 or 3 brain cramps..

Maybe horrible per Markov standards...
In the first intermission I was going to post that I thought Markov had returned to form. In the first period he was outstanding. Then he goes out and has to braincramps that lead to a goal and a penalty.

But your right overall he played a good game with 2 bad plays.

Old
10-24-2006, 01:44 AM
White Snake*

TO all Bufflao fans:

YOu have a good team but as Habs fans know from the haydays you dont always deserve getting the W. Sometimes you need a few bounces to win and thats what you got tonight. The first goal was a joke (sorry HUet) and the second was a gimme. Miller played good but I was not impressed by Buffalos skating or passing tongiht. If anything Buffalo fans should be breathing a sigh of relief and shutting their mouths. Here is to a great season to both teams. YOu can have the division title but we will be in the Finals.

P.S I dont really think hulls skate was in the crease. It was a good call.

Old
10-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
TO all Bufflao fans:

YOu have a good team but as Habs fans know from the haydays you dont always deserve getting the W. Sometimes you need a few bounces to win and thats what you got tonight. The first goal was a joke (sorry HUet) and the second was a gimme. Miller played good but I was not impressed by Buffalos skating or passing tongiht. If anything Buffalo fans should be breathing a sigh of relief and shutting their mouths. Here is to a great season to both teams. YOu can have the division title but we will be in the Finals.

Old
10-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
TO all Bufflao fans:

I sure hope sabre fans dont read this... this might get out of hand quick

Old
10-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Bringit*

Quote:
TO all Bufflao fans:

That is absolutely ridiculous.. Buffalo won a vast majority of the loose pucks in that game.. The only part the habs were outplaying Buffalo was for a 10 minute stretch when they were down 3-0 in the third period.. But any team in the NHL will put up a fight in the 3rd to come back down a few goals.. So I don't give Montreal much credit for that..

And where the heck was Koivu tonight ?? The first two periods Kovalev was invisible.

Looking at the entire game, Buffalo was obviously the better team on the ice.. And I am saying this as a non-fan of both teams.. I wished you both would have lost tonight,.

-

Last edited by Bringit*: 10-24-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old
10-24-2006, 02:00 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Higgins is a hell of a hockey player.

Old
10-24-2006, 06:15 AM
SarahCrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
we've been inundated with all these taunting Sabres' fans tonight..
their cockiness will eventually erode. they are target #uno to beat by all 30 teams, now!

i'm not really a habs fan- i cheer for different teams all the time... just got a soft spot for them, my family is split 20/80 20% habs/ 80% leafs... i can't bring myself to ever cheer for the leafs... and about this year's habs- i cheer for them but i don't like the direction they are going in some regards. something doesn't fit right about the team and i am not sure what it is. but, i do hope the best for them anyways!

Old
10-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Bob in Niagara

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
Did we have not that new improved faster Ribeiro with the habs during training camp. A respectable second-line center on top of that.

I said it when it happened: BAD TRADE ! Streit is already better than Niinimaa.

As for Samsonov: GAINEY's WORST UFA SIGNING.

With Ribs and without Samsonov in the line-up, Perezhogin would play on a second line and Pleks on the third, where he belongs.
Give it up. Ribeiro is history. Pleks is our 2nd line centre. Samsonov is coming around. In fact, I am really starting to like him. What exactly is wrong with Niinimaa? I believe if you check his stats, he is usually one of the best Habs "D" on the +/- night after night. He kills penalties, he plays on the PP and logs close to 20 minutes per game. I'll gladly take him over the hotshot Ribeiro.

Old
10-24-2006, 08:14 AM
GoodKiwi

Samsonov has been a horrid signing for us so far. I've never seen anyone turn the puck over as often as that guy does. Now, having a 3.5m midget on our third line is what it's what's likely to happen sooner or later, and, quite frankly, I don't like this idea at all, because it will give both Bonk and Johnson bad stats probably due to Samsonov's inability to play hockey. Worthy hockey anyway.

What's worse is that we are indeed stuck with 3.5m of dead weight for awhile as I don't see anyone dumb enough around the league to take him aboard. Also, if you don't think Gainey is concerned with his performance so far you're certainly kidding yourself. Somewhere I wish we lose our next couple of games with Sammy taking the fault for it so that active shopping of him could begin. I genuinely believe it will be better for the entire team in the long run.

Old
10-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Bob in Niagara

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Samsonov has been a horrid signing for us so far. I've never seen anyone turn the puck over as often as that guy does. Now, having a 3.5m midget on our third line is what it's what's likely to happen sooner or later, and, quite frankly, I don't like this idea at all, because it will give both Bonk and Johnson bad stats probably due to Samsonov's inability to play hockey. Worthy hockey anyway.

What's worse is that we are indeed stuck with 3.5m of dead weight for awhile as I don't see anyone dumb enough around the league to take him aboard. Also, if you don't think Gainey is concerned with his performance so far you're certainly kidding yourself. Somewhere I wish we lose our next couple of games with Sammy taking the fault for it so that active shopping of him could begin. I genuinely believe it will be better for the entire team in the long run.
Gainey knows what he is doing. Did he not say that it would probably take Samsonov 40 games or so to hit his stride? It is way too early to start panicking.

Old
10-24-2006, 08:43 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Niagara View Post
Gainey knows what he is doing. Did he not say that it would probably take Samsonov 40 games or so to hit his stride? It is way too early to start panicking.
Is this the reason Samsonov is being benched as of late? How is it that they got all the confidence in him when they don't give him much ice time?

P.S. and I'm not panicking, I'm just saying that one guy on our roaster isn't on par with his salary. If Sammy has signed for 2m I'd have no problem with him performing as mediocre as he is. But he wasn't.

Old
10-24-2006, 09:00 AM
mcphee

I was pretty impressed with the Sabres last night. When we talk speed, we tend to think of it in terms of plays off the rush, but I find that they close open ice in their own zone quickly. That's key for them, as their D can be beaten down low, but if every shooting/passing lane disappears, having the puck doesn't get you much.

I didn't think Mtl played badly. Every line had chances. I thought Samsonov was showing some jump, I was surprised when he was benched. I don't know if a particular play pissed off Carbo or not. I agree with Slip Slidin's comments above re Markov, he seemd to be playing well until the turnover. However that's like saying Lincoln enjoyed the play up until Booth arrived.

Old
10-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
TO all Bufflao fans:

A good team makes the bounces go their way and that's what the Sabres did. Cutting the passing lanes with their sticks, always thinking ahead of a play, great passing team, great overall skills, Miller only played good 'cause we weren't able to test him but believe he can also play great when he faces tougher opposition. We worked the first 10 but got frustrated as the game went on, I thought that the Johnson goal would replace us in the game but it didn't.

Sabres seems to be able to still play a shutdown game like it was in the old NHL but now in the new NHL and they do that with their speed, intelligence and great great coaching.

The Sabres were a much better team last night, didn't think at the beginning of the season that they would bought that system again, but it appears that they did....Nobody takes a shift off on that team, but I can name you a few in ours....

Is it possible that there's some teams better than ours???? Oh yes it is.....

Old
10-24-2006, 09:29 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
We didn't deserve to win tonight, period. I ain't mad at all.

Give credit to buffalo for being so opportunistic. And I have to say it, once again Briere pulls "The Fake" on that "slash" by Kovalev. Not only does he dives sometimes, but he also fakes his arm being torn apart by a one handed stick tap!
That was no fake. After he was slashed, he played the puck but only one handed.

When he went to the bench, VERSUS showed a close up of Brieres hand right after the slash. His hand was down by his leg, next to teh guy sitting next to him, resting on the bench, shaking uncontrollably and he couldnt control his fingers or thumb. He was in pain. Maybe it was just a stinger as he went back out there, but it was no acting job.

Old
10-24-2006, 09:30 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
That was no fake. After he was slashed, he played the puck but only one handed.

When he went to the bench, VERSUS showed a close up of Brieres hand right after the slash. His hand was down by his leg, next to teh guy sitting next to him, resting on the bench, shaking uncontrollably and he couldnt control his fingers or thumb. He was in pain. Maybe it was just a stinger as he went back out there, but it was no acting job.
Maybe you should read the rest of the thread next time. That's been already clarified god knows how many times.

Old
10-24-2006, 09:44 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
TO all Bufflao fans:

Buff fans should stop gloating. THere is a long season ahead. Playing well right now, but things can turn.

Huet took the momentum away from the Habs. I thought both teams skated well.
Each was awsome on the PK. Great speed. Kovy took stupid penalties. I thnk each was in the offensive zone.

One difference was that everyone but two players on Buffalo blocked a shot. Each is willing to give up their body and play in position so that shots go into the corner instead of testing Miller.

Old
10-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A good team makes the bounces go their way and that's what the Sabres did. Cutting the passing lanes with their sticks, always thinking ahead of a play, great passing team, great overall skills, Miller only played good 'cause we weren't able to test him but believe he can also play great when he faces tougher opposition. We worked the first 10 but got frustrated as the game went on, I thought that the Johnson goal would replace us in the game but it didn't.

Sabres seems to be able to still play a shutdown game like it was in the old NHL but now in the new NHL and they do that with their speed, intelligence and great great coaching.

The Sabres were a much better team last night, didn't think at the beginning of the season that they would bought that system again, but it appears that they did....Nobody takes a shift off on that team, but I can name you a few in ours....

Is it possible that there's some teams better than ours???? Oh yes it is.....
Listen to this guy.

And yes, please note not ALL Buffalo fans are gloatin g in our perfect record. We work hard, we play hard, and we aregetting the job done day in and day out. Of course we are going to hit a skid, and it's not going to be a fun. But the Sabres were the better team last night. Max creates like he always does. As its prolly been stated 1000 times, Briere's slash was a slash. The same exact type of slash happened to me in my last local game. You get it on the inside of your glove and I went straight to the bench and my hand was shaking for a few minutes. Hurts like a ***** for a couple minutes.

Anyways. Kovalev looked good. He makes me wish we had Connoly in our lineup
I love Higgins. I hope you guys sign him long term...or better yet, let him go and we'll pick him up. Miller did what he needed to do, and Huet didn't.

Old
10-24-2006, 02:20 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I watched Plekanec do nothing good again tonight and thought about your summer predictions.. this guy's place is on the third line, at this point I'd even try Grabovsky instaed of him on the second line, and I'm not a Grabovsky fan.
well you are on crack... its all about chimestry with the 2 russians, Pleks does several things pretty well, its a matter of adjustment before he starts reaching pts.

Old
10-24-2006, 02:27 PM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
well you are on crack... its all about chimestry with the 2 russians, Pleks does several things pretty well, its a matter of adjustment before he starts reaching pts.
Not saying Pleks is right for that line, but you gotta understand, he isn't fully developed yet. he is still becoming better by the day and the chemistry just isn't all there yet. You've got pleks on a line with Kovalev. Then your throwing in a new player (samsanov) and just expecting them to be good. This stuff takes time. Within a month though it will be one of the best lines in the NHL. Because if Pleks doesn't perform someone else will on that line. I was thinking they shud put pleks with perezhogin and sammy. Kovalev with bonk and Johnson.

Old
10-24-2006, 03:29 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
I was thinking they shud put pleks with perezhogin and sammy. Kovalev with bonk and Johnson.
With Kovalev-Bonk-Johnson already being a PP line, I wouldn't be shocked if it eventually happened; but I wouldn't want to use Kovalev on the shutdown line and I don't think Perez-Plek-Sammy could take the shutdown role (then again, they did it fine with Zednik).

Old
10-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
TO all Bufflao fans:

You sound as though the Habs deserved to win it. Incroyable!

Closed Thread