HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Season Roster Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2013, 11:16 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

vCash: 500
The Fourth Period + CapGeek indicating its existence is sufficient for me.

EDIT: Z's CapGeek page also specifies it's an eight-team NTC.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:28 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I've told you what I know and what I don't. It seems like an absurd thing to argue about. You're satisfied.

On to another argument: rt stop trying to give away two Rundblads for Burmistrov.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:30 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Don't mean to get into a petty argument with you - we're all Yotes fans here. :-) Just seemed that you were burying your head in the sand there despite all the referencing I was doing.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:36 PM
_Del_

That's because I haven't seen anything really indicating he still has a NTC. ;P Other then the Fourth Period which says it got it from capgeek who adds the caveat:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capgeek
"if player has been traded, clauses may no longer apply"
I'm not 100% convinced he doesn't; I'm just saying it seems like an unsafe bet given the way the CBA is written. And I've never heard anything indicating they extended it -- that's why I was curious if you had...

Old
07-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Ted Mosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Me neither. But I'd probably get over it pretty quickly if he puts up sixty points with good two-way play.
Agreed. I think his offensive ceiling is certainly higher than Grabovski's, and his relationship with Tipp is an added bonus. I'd say 70+ points is possible.

Any word on Ribeiro's salary demands? He was making $5 mil. with the Caps. Does Ribeiro's wife like Arizona?

Old
07-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...ency-pool.html

Sarah McLellan says were looking for a first line center or a winger for the Hanzal-Vrbata line.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:58 PM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post

Sarah McLellan says were looking for a first line center or a winger for the Hanzal-Vrbata line.
Bargain hunting again? Or are we actually gonna spend some dollars?

Old
07-04-2013, 11:59 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

So Gordon will test free agency. My personal threshold would be $1.75M/year - certainly way too much for a 4C no matter how defensively elite, but if we can lock up a Top 6 C and another Top 6 forward for no more than $6M combined, we could have enough room to do it. But I can see Edmonton throwing $2M+ at him.

Old
07-05-2013, 12:02 AM
_Del_

Quote:

Disappointing, but expected.

Old
07-05-2013, 12:15 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Well, I'm off to a 6 hour road trip tomorrow morning to SoCal, so I'll probably miss the initial salvo of FA madness. Here's hoping Maloney manages to pull off something better than our usual bargain bin diving.

Grabovski or bust! :-)

Old
07-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Kimahri

When does Grabovski officially become a free agent?

Old
07-05-2013, 12:26 AM
moosemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
So Gordon will test free agency. My personal threshold would be $1.75M/year - certainly way too much for a 4C no matter how defensively elite, but if we can lock up a Top 6 C and another Top 6 forward for no more than $6M combined, we could have enough room to do it. But I can see Edmonton throwing $2M+ at him.
I think Chipchura can fit that role fine. Just resign Chip and let Gordon walk

Old
07-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Magnifique

GMDM goes into every FA season looking for a first-line center, and every year the prices go full retard and GMDM can't sign one. It's kind of funny reading what we are looking for every year, and every year it is the exact same thing.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:10 AM
Rutkowski

Expect Vinny Prospal to sign here. He'll most likely be forced out of Columbus(since Horton seems to be signing there) and have said he likes the smaller markets more. I think he'd do fine as a second line winger; at least he'll do better than Sullivan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
So Gordon will test free agency.
Damn, they couldn't get him? Too bad, he is IMO the best dedicated 4th line center in the entire league.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:23 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
When does Grabovski officially become a free agent?
When he clears waivers tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnifique View Post
GMDM goes into every FA season looking for a first-line center, and every year the prices go full retard and GMDM can't sign one. It's kind of funny reading what we are looking for every year, and every year it is the exact same thing.
This year is different. The cap is coming down, and teams aren't looking to add a lot of players above $4m. Look at capgeek and how many guys are signed already, and with what teams relative to their budget. I just don't see insane scenarios like Bozak getting an 8 year deal happening. I think Roy won't find the $5m he is looking for, and becomes an option for us. Ribeiro could spurn the big bucks to come play in a small market with a familiar coach. Bouchard and Boyes are question marks. Ryder and Brunner are out there too for scoring wingers.

Salary for the Coyotes atm is just over $42m. If budget is $55m, we've got quite a bit to spend. Still need to re-sign Boeds and some others, though. I'm tempted to say there will be at least one big signing as a gesture of goodwill towards the fans to get them motivated. Possibly several. I'd be pretty stoked if they signed Prospal plus two other top 6 guys. You can always trade Z, Vermette etc... to cut salary back down next year.

I would bet money on Prospal coming here for $2m or less. Seems like his only option and an ideal Maloney signing.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post

This year is different. The cap is coming down, and teams aren't looking to add a lot of players above $4m. Look at capgeek and how many guys are signed already, and with what teams relative to their budget. I just don't see insane scenarios like Bozak getting an 8 year deal happening. I think Roy won't find the $5m he is looking for, and becomes an option for us. Ribeiro could spurn the big bucks to come play in a small market with a familiar coach. Bouchard and Boyes are question marks. Ryder and Brunner are out there too for scoring wingers.

Salary for the Coyotes atm is just over $42m. If budget is $55m, we've got quite a bit to spend. Still need to re-sign Boeds and some others, though. I'm tempted to say there will be at least one big signing as a gesture of goodwill towards the fans to get them motivated. Possibly several. I'd be pretty stoked if they signed Prospal plus two other top 6 guys. You can always trade Z, Vermette etc... to cut salary back down next year.

I would bet money on Prospal coming here for $2m or less. Seems like his only option and an ideal Maloney signing.
I've always wanted a center, and a winger that get put up some points, and I still do. However, I don't want to **** all over our team's chemistry either. I know I'm a picky SoB, but our team is unique in how they jive with each other. I don't want to bring in a couple mercs who will throw everything off with their ****** attitudes and poor habits.

Although I don't see anyone creating drama with DT, D-Mo, and Doan on this team. They just wouldn't put up with that ****.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:36 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnifique View Post

Although I don't see anyone creating drama with DT, D-Mo, and Doan on this team. They just wouldn't put up with that ****.
Doan is very well known around the league. They know what they are getting into here. It starts with Don being reasonable and not overly emotional, and Tippett is the same. All business. Then you've got quality leadership in the room and continuity. Any 'mercs' brought in know that they are here to play hockey first and foremost. Not just any hockey, but Coyote hockey. I actually think the room needs a psychological lift more than anything else. Adding a scorer or two will restore the faith. When your coach openly complains in the media that there isn't enough scoring talent, you know the guys are tired of it behind the scenes. This team needs a few scorers in a bad way, on and off the ice.

The two steps to making this a winning team are to:
1. Increase the offensive depth so that Boyd Gordon is no longer the 3rd line center (check)
2. Increase the offensive depth so that Shane Doan is moved to the 3rd line (to be determined)

If you move Doan down, Korpi or Moss lose their spot. Trade bait. Then you've got 4 D fighting over what is really 1 position + the 7th role. More trade bait. If you can convert that into a cheap forward (Eller, Burmistrov, Mojo etc..) you're even better off.

Old
07-05-2013, 04:03 AM
JTPoni23
Swiss For 2 Weeks...

Grabovski was the Munenori Kawasaki of the Leafs. I and many many other Leafs fans loved him even when he was terrible. Because of the gongshow here for the past years, he is probably my favourite Leaf since Poni was dealt.

If he signs with the Yotes...I will climb the stairs of the CN Tower and shout for joy from the Skywalk. Then I will proceed to pay the bill for any one of Rob Ford's upcoming buffet outings.

Long live Grabo.

Last edited by JTPoni23: 07-05-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old
07-05-2013, 04:13 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
So do we. We do not have a physical D besides Stone. I wouldn't mind having one more. Once in awhile Klesla hits, but I'm scared he might get hurt.
Morris is a physical D, in fact I think more so than Stone. Granted neither of them are that instill fear type of physical D. I still kind of wish the Yotes would've tried to land Santini at the draft but oh well, I like our picks anyway.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:04 AM
XX
... Waiting

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/...ze-free-agency

Anyone an ESPN subscriber? Might be a few good nuggets in there.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Kimahri

Quote:

Obviously.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Kimahri

Well Eklund seems to think we are in on Grabovski. Haha

Old
07-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Morris is a physical D, in fact I think more so than Stone. Granted neither of them are that instill fear type of physical D. I still kind of wish the Yotes would've tried to land Santini at the draft but oh well, I like our picks anyway.
Yeah, your right, forgot about Morris. Still would not mind a tough SOB on the backend.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:56 AM
SweYote

Does anyone know what Weiss is looking for? Probably out of reach but I would love to sign him.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:58 AM
ck26
#freeRabbit

vCash: 133
Quote:
The two steps to making this a winning team are to:
1. Increase the offensive depth so that Boyd Gordon is no longer the 3rd line center (check)
2. Increase the offensive depth so that Shane Doan is moved to the 3rd line (to be determined)

If you move Doan down, Korpi or Moss lose their spot. Trade bait. Then you've got 4 D fighting over what is really 1 position + the 7th role. More trade bait. If you can convert that into a cheap forward (Eller, Burmistrov, Mojo etc..) you're even better off.
Currently nursing the worst sunburn of my life, so forgive me if this doesn't make sense.

We can win with Gordon as 3C, Vermette's money is what doesn't look right as 3C in a Hanzal / Grabovski / Vermette / Gordon team. If there's any way to get Lars Eller at a reasonable price lets get that done today.

I think you're asking for a lot of money/upgrades if you want Doan off the 2nd line, but OK. I didn't like $5m trade Grabovski last week but I'm interested in UFA, chip on his shoulder Grabovski this week.

Obviously there's not a lot of historical data, but I'd be curious about ego in the cap / waivers / compliance buyout era. How different a person was Just Off Waivers Now A Starter For The First Time Brzygalov than UFA Huge Money Philly Brzygalov? Big Contract Leaf Grabovski vs Just Cut and Angry Grabovski? Wonder if a $3m x 3 yr deal gets him and we get the two most motivated seasons ever out of him then flip him before the Petulant FA Scorer In His Last Year thing creeps in ...

Closed Thread