HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holland reaches out to free agents

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2013, 09:41 AM
  #226
Hendricks433
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
The only way I like Alfredsson is if it comes with a legit 2nd line C. I would love the move if it comes with a 2nd line center and Brunner.
No way with Bert, Tootoo and Sammy. If they were off the books we could.

Next year we will have cap space too with them and Quincey coming off the books.

Hendricks433 is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 09:41 AM
  #227
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
No way with Bert, Tootoo and Sammy. If they were off the books we could.

Next year we will have cap space too with them and Quincey coming off the books.
Gotta remember you can be over the cap through training camp.

Heaton is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 09:45 AM
  #228
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but if the Wings do re-sign Brunner, you might be wishing it had been a one year thing a year from now.

48 games is too small of a sample size for a player like him to get a multi-year contract. Especially when he already showed signs of major inconsistency.
that's why he's only gonna get like $3 million

he'd get more if he were more proven

sometimes you have to take moderate risks to get ahead

ricky0034 is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 09:47 AM
  #229
Dekemeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but if the Wings do re-sign Brunner, you might be wishing it had been a one year thing a year from now.

48 games is too small of a sample size for a player like him to get a multi-year contract. Especially when he already showed signs of major inconsistency.
I thought I read that Brunner only wanted something along the lines of like 2.5 a year. It was more the term length that Holland was iffy about than the price

That's kind of old news by this point though. Teams are desperate for anyone that could fit into their top 6. I wouldn't be surprised if Brunner got an absolutely ridiculous deal from someone

Dekemeister is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 09:57 AM
  #230
crashman
Registered User
 
crashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,220
vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
that's why he's only gonna get like $3 million

he'd get more if he were more proven

sometimes you have to take moderate risks to get ahead
Only 3 million?

People have double standards around here, bigtime.

crashman is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:03 AM
  #231
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Mikhail Grabovski ($4.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.250m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.500m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($2.000m)
Andrew Ference ($2.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,009,545; BONUSES: $1,205,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,495,455

So, um... I would totally be OK if this is what our roster looked like at the end of the day

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:07 AM
  #232
Flowah
#FireHolland
 
Flowah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
Only 3 million?

People have double standards around here, bigtime.
He was on a ~20-25 goal pace. Players on that pace usually get at least 3M. Especially when you're younger and on the rise as opposed to 35 and trending down. What's the double standard there?

Flowah is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:20 AM
  #233
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Mikhail Grabovski ($4.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.250m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.500m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($2.000m)
Andrew Ference ($2.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,009,545; BONUSES: $1,205,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,495,455

So, um... I would totally be OK if this is what our roster looked like at the end of the day
No Nyquist? You're crazy for this one, Jman.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:27 AM
  #234
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 27 s
I've been told that Patrick Elias was Red Wings first choice. With Elias wanted to stay with the Devils, they had to look for another option

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:29 AM
  #235
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
No Nyquist? You're crazy for this one, Jman.
3rd line LW.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:31 AM
  #236
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
3rd line LW.
I am illiterate.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:34 AM
  #237
1st Line Interloper
Will Drop the Gloves
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.750m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.250m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.900m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($1.300m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,802,879; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $2,507,121

1st Line Interloper is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:35 AM
  #238
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Line Interloper View Post
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.750m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.250m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.900m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
Brendan Smith ($1.300m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,802,879; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $2,507,121
Are you really going to load up that 1st line and leave the other lines for the wolves to feast on?

mindfly is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:37 AM
  #239
1st Line Interloper
Will Drop the Gloves
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Are you really going to load up that 1st line and leave the other lines for the wolves to feast on?
That's where we are going to be at after the Alfredsson signing. I posted a possible roster. I didn't do anymore potential signings, I have no idea what some of these guys want. I'm not going to make the Red Wings take on unrealistic contracts.

1st Line Interloper is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:38 AM
  #240
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 21m

Dallas and Detroit are in the mix for UFA winger Dan Cleary...
Please Nill, do us all a favour and take Cleary!

mindfly is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:40 AM
  #241
Jurky
#FireHolland
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Please Nill, do us all a favour and take Cleary!

Dallas just acquired Cleary's BFF Shawn Horcoff, if they make an offer I can really see him taking it.

Jurky is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:41 AM
  #242
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Please Nill, do us all a favour and take Cleary!
no kidding. time to root for jim nill.

zecke26 is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 10:44 AM
  #243
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Please Nill, do us all a favour and take Cleary!
C'mon Nilly! Daniel can mentor Tyler! PLEEEEEEASE.

Vladdy84 is online now  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:08 AM
  #244
bullocks
Registered User
 
bullocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,020
vCash: 500
LeBrun just said on TSN Brunner not likely to go back to Detroit

bullocks is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:11 AM
  #245
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
::LeSigh:: Ferrence signs in Edmonton... I saw that one coming a long time ago though...

FOR $3.25 MILLION? HECK NO.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:11 AM
  #246
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,256
vCash: 500
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 29s

#RedWings' negotiations with Valtteri Filppula revealed he believes he's no. 1 center, should be paid as such.


zecke26 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.