HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Power Rankings: Habs 7th, Leafs 3rd

Old
10-24-2006, 11:07 AM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prrebel View Post
Has Toronto played Buffalo yet????
When they do they'll get spanked. Toronto has no defence at all. Ryan Miller vs Raycroft is a disaster waiting to happen for the Leafs. Leafs, over the last 10 years, have had more problems with Buffalo than any other team (regular season and playoffs).

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Bringit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Because the Habs have had a tougher schedule (ie. Buffalo twice!) and have done well against good teams. They've also beat Toronto, and beat Colorado who beat Toronto.
Ridiculous.. The leafs played the Sens twice and beat them in Ottawa , and the Sens beat the habs..

The leafs also clearly outplayed the habs in that game.. Aebischer stole the game to take it to a shootout .. But the leafs clearly outskated the habs and won more battles for the puck.

So I wouldn't be raising your peacock feathers just yet.. Because if you think Aebischer is always going to have games like that you've got another thing coming.

-

Bringit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 05:12 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringit View Post
So I wouldn't be raising your peacock feathers just yet.. Because if you think Aebischer is always going to have games like that you've got another thing coming.
I expect Aebischer won't need to save the Habs from the Leafs too often, because I expect Montreal to handily outskate Toronto most of the time.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 05:18 PM
MathMan

On a side note, CNNSI (yeah, I know) posted their own rankings. Montreal is 9th, making the largest climb this week. This puts them third among Eastern teams, behind Buffalo and Atlanta. Losing to Buffalo (which is, quite rightly, 1st) may affect that, unless the Habs win the other two games this week.

And Philly dropped to 30th. Time will tell if they stay there.

It makes for good discussion fodder even if it's not really reliable/meaningful...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote