HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Damien Brunner

Old
07-05-2013, 07:31 AM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

vCash: 500
I'd pay him a little to come play with Geno and Neal....

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
He should come to Buffalo
Yep, with his level of inexperience, ties to the Wings, and small sample size of playoff success... they need to get his ass on a line with Leino as soon as possible.

07-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Other than the fact that he's a little small and soft, I'd want him badly on the Rangers.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

I don't get why Holland and co. would bring this guy in, have him produce, and then lose him over an extra half mil/1 mil the next season.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:22 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

So the guy plays one year for the team that gave him a shot in the NHL and then bolts?

ya, he sounds like a stand-up guy

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:22 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

I'd give him a shot on a one year deal with Tavares.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
I don't get why Holland and co. would bring this guy in, have him produce, and then lose him over an extra half mil/1 mil the next season.
He had some run ins with Babcock and the Wings want him to play a certain way. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesnt. You have to put a number down on paper and say, this is what were willing to pay him. If he gets more, all the luck to him..

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:33 AM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
He had some run ins with Babcock and the Wings want him to play a certain way. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesnt. You have to put a number down on paper and say, this is what were willing to pay him. If he gets more, all the luck to him..
I would love to see a link with the run ins. Brunner was Babcock's choice. He was the one pushing Holland to sign him in the first place. Babcock healthy scratched him one time just to get him motivated. I don't think they have a bad relationship at all.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:37 AM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 1281
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtemper View Post
I don't know why but in my gut I have felt for the past couple months if he tests FA that Anaheim will be the team to throw a bunch of money at him.
not a chance. too many wingers right now

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Laterade

Give him Mikael Samuelsson money.

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Brooklyn Americans

To a team with a good looking jersey so I can get one with my last name already on it.

#TeamBrunner

Brooklyn Americans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:39 AM
swisdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loLZokAY View Post
From a Wings fan perspective honestly, he has room to grow but it's outstanding that he had shown the ability to still learn at the age of 26. Normally players can be stuck in their ways at this age, and they're pretty hard to mold off of their style. Brunner came into the NHL this season and was absolutely horrible on the backcheck and defensive parts of the game. It was non-existent. I can tell you at the end of the season he was throwing his body around (not that he's huge) and actually attempting to cover his man within the defensive zone.

Take it for what it is; he was in his first NHL season in which he had to adjust not only to the heightened levels of physicality, but timing and space. The smaller ice made for a rough transition as it normally does to oversea players. He was used to no more than 3 hour bus rides, and the schedule of that of a shortened season. He played pretty impressive for having to travel across the nation via the Wings Western schedule. Not only that but he had played ~20-25 games with Zetterberg in the SEL before crossing over into the NHL season. In the end, he played numerous more games than he's used to, traveled way further than he's used to, played in a smaller and more physical league but still did pretty good. Now that he's used to the league, he can more specifically tone his skills during the off-season. I really think he'll be a good player in this league and I can only hope that Holland tries his best to hang on to him. To whomever does infact get him, I think he'll do very good things.
I am ok with you said. Instead, Brunner played 33 games with Zetterberg in NLA (swiss league), and several games for Davos in the Spengler cup and for Switzerland. And keep in mind, if in Switzerland, they played less games, they workout twice a day with they don't have a game in the evening.

About an eventual run-in with Babcock, never heard a such thing.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:12 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Lebrun just tweeted Brunner is hitting the market and won't be returning to Detroit

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:15 AM
DamonDRW

excellent news! He is really shy of getting his nose dirty. No backchecking as well. These two things alone gets him a tocket out of Babcock's team.

DamonDRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB94 View Post
Lebrun just tweeted Brunner is hitting the market and won't be returning to Detroit
I knew it was coming after the Alfredsson deal, but that sucks. He's a really likable player from a fans perspective. Slick moves, good shot, and scored a few big goals for us. I don't think he'll be another Leino, he's got the ability to stick around in the NHL. See ya, Nose.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Hope he comes to Ottawa. To be honest, I bet he's a better player than Alfie this year.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:30 AM
swisdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
excellent news! He is really shy of getting his nose dirty. No backchecking as well. These two things alone gets him a tocket out of Babcock's team.
Forget he was the best scorer for the wings in playoff?

could he still end up with Detroit?

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Dabruins

I would really like this guys in Boston, but reading some Wing fan comments about his lack of defensive ability have me thinking it prob wont happen.

Dabruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

He's a good player. We have to remember that he was a rookie last year, and he'll get a bit stronger and a bit better defensively. I think he'll be a pretty good 2nd line winger for a team that can put him with bigger players. He has a good shot and possesses a lot of skill, and he's fast too.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:42 AM
silkyjohnson50*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabruins View Post
I would really like this guys in Boston, but reading some Wing fan comments about his lack of defensive ability have me thinking it prob wont happen.
Don't worry about the comments, he's a nice player. He's never going to be a legit center piece type player, but he's a nice secondary type player. He can skate, loves shooting, and has a pretty good nose for the net. He's going to get scoring chances wherever he lands. Defensively he's still learning and he showed good improvement. At times near the end of last season his backchecking was really good. He's never going to be a Selke level winger, but he shouldn't be a liability. I'd love him back in Detroit, but completely understand if they don't offer him a big contract since his situation is unique in that he's still too unproven at the NHL level.

silkyjohnson50* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:44 AM
bullocks

He'll be getting atleast 3.5 im sure if hes leaving detroit

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:44 AM
gretskidoo

He definitely does not fit with the Bruins style, though.

He's a decent 2nd line option. Wish we'd have kept him.

gretskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod

He struggles with effort. He should not be on the PP. He cannot PK. He also struggles with playing tough.

That being said I like Brunner, he is somewhat fast, has a shoot-first mentality and has a pretty darn good shot. Sucks that he has to leave, but Nose doesn't fit with the Wings.

Wolverine Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Jimbo7200

All Lebrun said was that Brunner hit the FA market. Never tweeted Detroit was out of the mix.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MGoBlue2 View Post
He struggles with effort. He should not be on the PP. He cannot PK. He also struggles with playing tough.

That being said I like Brunner, he is somewhat fast, has a shoot-first mentality and has a pretty darn good shot. Sucks that he has to leave, but Nose doesn't fit with the Wings.
I disagree with the first two. He doesn't struggle with effort, but he did struggle with fatigue. He also hasn't shown that he shouldn't be on the PP, but rather he's shown that he shouldn't play the POINT on the PP. He was never really given a chance anywhere else.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote