HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Torts on ESPN Radio 98.7 at 4PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2013, 09:31 PM
  #76
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
If he can say I'm nuts than I can refer to him and his ridiculously baseless comments as an imbecile.
I dunno I just didn't think "You're nuts" was such a terrible insult that it necessitates further mud slinging is all. Was it the word or the source though?

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:20 AM
  #77
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
They were better for sure but they were because torts refused to allow bigger players like Kreider to play. He made guys play out of position and never kept a line together for more the a game, he was out coached all Season long.. Free Willie
So, in your mind the Rangers are a stone-cold certainty to at least get to the Finals.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:30 AM
  #78
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
You are nuts .. Doctor Tom did so much more for this franchise then torts ever did.
As I meander through the thread I see you decrying personal attacks and personally attacking. I know you a bit and you know the game but all of this banter is just opinions, not fact.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:32 AM
  #79
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Hahaha, this is the problem with Torts. He was the joke of the league before getting fired. Everyone outside NY tore him apart. We played like **** in all areas of the game.

But no, all he wants to do is come up with excuses. Trash Kreider. Point at Boston being better.

What does Boston have to do with teams like Montreal, the Islanders and Ottwaa playing 10x as good hockey as we did (save for hank)?
On which planet and in which dimension did the Islanders outplay the Rangers last year?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:36 AM
  #80
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Why do any of you care about what a coach says or does in a press conference? I don't understand why anyone ever watches them. Nothing is ever learned.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
  #81
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Why do any of you care about what a coach says or does in a press conference? I don't understand why anyone ever watches them. Nothing is ever learned.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:13 AM
  #82
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Why do any of you care about what a coach says or does in a press conference? I don't understand why anyone ever watches them. Nothing is ever learned.
really ? you dont think you can learn anything about the team you follow by listening to one of their single greatest influences being asked questions about every aspect of gameplay, personnel decisions, etc....

Totorella no answering questions and being a d-bag to the media goes beyond just "hating losing". He's a stubborn pigheaded coach who doesn't want his decisions scrutinized, and doesn't want to answer for mistakes. He's a very immature man.

bottom line for me.. once the dust settled after a few years with him I could see he didn't have much to offer in terms of getting his team to perform outside of berating them and tough camps.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:22 AM
  #83
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I notice how much of a 180 it happens when a player or coach leaves the organization. I've been seeing it with Clowe too, the messiah at one point is now damaged goods after previously pushing the Rangers to re-sign him long term since he filled a role.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:27 AM
  #84
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
really ? you dont think you can learn anything about the team you follow by listening to one of their single greatest influences being asked questions about every aspect of gameplay, personnel decisions, etc....

Totorella no answering questions and being a d-bag to the media goes beyond just "hating losing". He's a stubborn pigheaded coach who doesn't want his decisions scrutinized, and doesn't want to answer for mistakes. He's a very immature man.

bottom line for me.. once the dust settled after a few years with him I could see he didn't have much to offer in terms of getting his team to perform outside of berating them and tough camps.
Correct. I don't think a damn thing is ever learned at a press conference. If a coach is cordial instead of nasty you don't learn any more than if they are nasty, unless you consider statements like "I think we could have done a better job on the power play" a great insight and a learning experience.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:27 AM
  #85
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I notice how much of a 180 it happens when a player or coach leaves the organization. I've been seeing it with Clowe too, the messiah at one point is now damaged goods after previously pushing the Rangers to re-sign him long term since he filled a role.
hmm... like when you had the "stone age hockey" tag in your avatar picture, when tortorella was here in order to disparage him, and now you call out others for "turning" on him?

Clowe had 2 concussion in the space of a month and it's come to light recently that he probably had one in SJ prior to coming here.

You're getting on people for calling him damaged... when he is??

got it. you're fair and objective.... right.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:30 AM
  #86
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Correct. I don't think a damn thing is ever learned at a press conference. If a coach is cordial instead of nasty you don't learn any more than if they are nasty, unless you consider statements like "I think we could have done a better job on the power play" a great insight and a learning experience.
nothing was ever learned period in a tortorella press conference, because he was dress down anyone who dared ask him anything about his methods...

there needs to be balance, and there was none with JT.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:30 AM
  #87
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
hmm... like when you had the "stone age hockey" tag in your avatar picture, when tortorella was here in order to disparage him, and now you call out others for "turning" on him?

Clowe had 2 concussion in the space of a month and it's come to light recently that he probably had one in SJ prior to coming here.

You're getting on people for calling him damaged... when he is??

got it. you're fair and objective.... right.
It's not only Clowe. A lot of former players too besides Prust for the most part. Anisimov, Dubinsky, Gaborik, Erixon and Zuccarello (going to KHL) were all trashed the day they departed.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:34 AM
  #88
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
It's not only Clowe. A lot of former players too besides Prust for the most part. Anisimov, Dubinsky, Gaborik, Erixon and Zuccarello (going to KHL) were all trashed the day they departed.
in all honesty im guilty of it too to a certain extent, for my own reasons, but in some cases it's warranted. others not...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:42 AM
  #89
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
nothing was ever learned period in a tortorella press conference, because he was dress down anyone who dared ask him anything about his methods...

there needs to be balance, and there was none with JT.
Balance of behavior does not provide info. It contrasts rudeness with cordial. Coaches say nothing of meaning to the press. The only time they are fun at all is when a coach acts like an idiot but it is still not a place to garner anything worthwhile.

I understand that some might enjoy watching, but I know there are people who watch the Kardashians, too. I don't understand that either.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:49 AM
  #90
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
in all honesty im guilty of it too to a certain extent, for my own reasons, but in some cases it's warranted. others not...
That's fair, a lot of people including myself do it.

Look at the Devils fans when Parise departed. Now that's a case of irrationality. And in this thread too is a case of irrationality with Torts.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:16 AM
  #91
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,917
vCash: 500
Chosen always has me chuckling. I really appreciate the no BS approach, even if I don't always agree.

This board definitely needs a no BS switch.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:18 AM
  #92
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Balance of behavior does not provide info. It contrasts rudeness with cordial. Coaches say nothing of meaning to the press. The only time they are fun at all is when a coach acts like an idiot but it is still not a place to garner anything worthwhile.

I understand that some might enjoy watching, but I know there are people who watch the Kardashians, too. I don't understand that either.
This actually had me laughing. Thanks for that.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 12:44 PM
  #93
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
This actually had me laughing. Thanks for that.
Slow day at work. I have time to conjure up pithy comments. Happy belated 4th.


Last edited by chosen: 07-05-2013 at 02:32 PM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 03:17 PM
  #94
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,917
vCash: 500
...back at ya.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.