HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Biggest Moves Made Already

View Poll Results: Have we seen the Flyers make their big splash for the 2013 offseason
Yes 18 75.00%
No 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Biggest Moves Made Already

Very simple question... have the Flyers made their biggest move(s) (Streit, Vinny, Giroux) we will see before the beginning of training camp or is there another big or bigger card up Holmgren's sleeve?

For the purposes of this thread, let's define biggest as "most impactful on the 2013 season" so we can at least be talking in the same terms. Examples of big moves that could qualify... trading roster assets for Miller, Pietrangelo, Ryan, etc.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Prongo
Beer

Everything seems to be lining up for something here. I can't tell you what, but with the cap space and already so many players on the active roster without a goalie, I feel like they have to be up to something. So many centers signed also. Going to be interesting month I feel.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:10 AM
healthyscratch

Nope. Feels like a big bomb is going off today.

healthyscratch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:15 AM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

I believe that Holmgren will sit back contentedly with his new acquisitions, once he has a goaltender, and play Angry Birds for the rest of the day between desperate calls from MacTavish.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:16 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I think so. They'll make some more moves, I'm sure, but I think the biggest moves have been made.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:25 AM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
Honestly, who the f knows

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:31 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Honestly, who the f knows
haha, really. i was just lookin at some old trades and its funny how teams used to always have to swap like 3 or 4 players to make an impact in a trade. remember we had jari kurri for a second? then traded him for dushesne? That trade yesterday with dallas was like an old school trade. it would F me up now if we did one of those.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Unstable

We need to add a winger and a goalie and drop a few defensemen, but I think the roster is close to set, and I am quite happy with it. Really think it could be a great year.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:33 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Absolutely not. Something significant is going to happen, the moves made already have been too perplexing to think that we're done.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:45 AM
SgtJoseph

It will be interesting because I am one of the few who honestly thinks the only problem with our D is health, all the other talk about our D not having talent and sucking is nonsense. If Homer and crew know that one or 2 of our D men are not going to be ready to go this year then I see Homer going nuclear today and it will be worth watching the NHL channel .......Its pouring rain here in Destin Florida, has been for 3 days, and will be until Tuesday, so I will be playing my Martin Guitar a little and watching the NHL channel coverage of Free agency . Good luck Homer ! LOL

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:51 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
It will be interesting because I am one of the few who honestly thinks the only problem with our D is health, all the other talk about our D not having talent and sucking is nonsense. If Homer and crew know that one or 2 of our D men are not going to be ready to go this year then I see Homer going nuclear today and it will be worth watching the NHL channel .......Its pouring rain here in Destin Florida, has been for 3 days, and will be until Tuesday, so I will be playing my Martin Guitar a little and watching the NHL channel coverage of Free agency . Good luck Homer ! LOL
What model Martin do you have? I have a Clapton signature, and its the most incredible acoustic ive ever played. not the Brazilian rosewood model, the Indian rosewood one though. Smells like a cigar too.

Old
07-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Unstable

I just don't see what the move would be. Assuming Emery does in fact sign, what do we still need? We have a log jam at D, but none of them are assets and most will be waived or perhaps traded for picks. Our forwards are solid but we don't have the depth to bundle a bunch of them and get an upgrade elsewhere and not suffer at all.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:59 AM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
I really don't know, I'd be happy if he just signed Emery and stopped right there. Solid roster. But you never know what Holmgren is planning...

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:00 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What model Martin do you have? I have a Clapton signature, and its the most incredible acoustic ive ever played. not the Brazilian rosewood model, the Indian rosewood one though. Smells like a cigar too.
I have a D-35 model. hit an E chord on it at the music store years ago then without hesitation I told the sales guy I will take it ! LOL Lots of bottom in it for sure.

Old
07-05-2013, 11:03 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
I have a D-35 model. hit an E chord on it at the music store years ago then without hesitation I told the sales guy I will take it ! LOL Lots of bottom in it for sure.
Yeah their dreads have a ton of bottom end. I'm a much bigger fan of 000 style bodies, because I'm more of a fingerpicker, but you really can't go wrong with any Martin stuff. A buddy of mine has an old d-30 from the 70s, and the sound has so much character it's insane

Old
07-05-2013, 11:20 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Yeah their dreads have a ton of bottom end. I'm a much bigger fan of 000 style bodies, because I'm more of a fingerpicker, but you really can't go wrong with any Martin stuff. A buddy of mine has an old d-30 from the 70s, and the sound has so much character it's insane
Just stringed it up with a set of Martin SP " life span" strings............WOW ! These strings I guess are Martins answer to Elixer strings, they sound fantastic !

Old
07-05-2013, 11:26 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Just stringed it up with a set of Martin SP " life span" strings............WOW ! These strings I guess are Martins answer to Elixer strings, they sound fantastic !
Yeah the life spans are really good quality strings, but you can't beat DR phosphor bronze. I suggest trying them out if you haven't before! You'll be hooked.