HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2 yrs 1 way @ $600,000 for Joey Crabb with Florida.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2013, 11:16 AM
  #1
Catsfan7
Registered User
 
Catsfan7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
2 yrs 1 way @ $600,000 for Joey Crabb with Florida.

From Dreger

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:16 AM
  #2
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11,087
vCash: 500
what's the point of this?

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:18 AM
  #3
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Why is it a 1-way?...

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:18 AM
  #4
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
uhh...

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:18 AM
  #5
PBPantherfan
#draft is coming
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,798
vCash: 500
WTF is Joey Crabb LOL

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:19 AM
  #6
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Must be Skille's replacement.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:20 AM
  #7
Catsfan7
Registered User
 
Catsfan7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
WTF is Joey Crabb LOL
I think he got into a fight during Leafs practice once or something lol.

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:20 AM
  #8
Great8Cam
Registered User
 
Great8Cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Look out!! We are cooking now!!!

Great8Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:20 AM
  #9
Gordonx11
#CatsAreComing
 
Gordonx11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Must be Skille's replacement.
He is exactly like SKille with a little Bergie in HIm. Has a good scoring touch too. 3rd/4th liner. Great signing.

Gordonx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:22 AM
  #10
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Is Butler on a 1-way as well?

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:23 AM
  #11
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Is Butler on a 1-way as well?
two.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:28 AM
  #12
Big Bjugs
Amat Victoria Curam
 
Big Bjugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada Eh
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,315
vCash: 157
Ya he's a Skille replacement that can actually put the puck in the net.

Big Bjugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:28 AM
  #13
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,184
vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonx11 View Post
He is exactly like SKille with a little Bergie in HIm. Has a good scoring touch too. 3rd/4th liner. Great signing.
actually has put up reasonable numbers for bottom 6 guy but very limited track record:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...W._v3X4B9ivLYF

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...to-washington/

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:40 AM
  #14
AaronEkbald
Registered User
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,612
vCash: 500
Replacement for Jon Reault.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:45 AM
  #15
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Replacement for Jon Reault.
Rheault played 5 games with the cats last season. Crabb is on a 1-way, I'd suspect he'll be a permanent fixture in the bottom 6. Rheault is an AHLer. Apprently Tallon an co. believe Crabb is a full -time NHLer.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:46 AM
  #16
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Stupid move. This takes a spot away from someone like Howden.

Yaaaaah lets ignore out glaring need at center and sign someone who we have about 15 other options on the roster already for.

Not a fan of this move at all. Pointless.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:47 AM
  #17
CoolburnIsGone
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Replacement for Jon Reault.
More like replacement for Skille and to try and keep Parros out of the lineup as much as possible.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:58 AM
  #18
iam76
Registered User
 
iam76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,582
vCash: 500
Yah i wouldn't worry to much about this. I think he will bring some much needed grit to our 4th line. Prolly alot of pressbox between this guy and Parros.

Howden is better served down in the AHL with Trocheck and company on top two lines.

iam76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 12:10 PM
  #19
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam76 View Post
Yah i wouldn't worry to much about this. I think he will bring some much needed grit to our 4th line. Prolly alot of pressbox between this guy and Parros.

Howden is better served down in the AHL with Trocheck and company on top two lines.
Agreed, Howden should spend another season in the AHL. Why does everyone complain about us not developing our kids properly but then want to put them on the 4th line? What is the point of that? Howden, Bjugstad, and probably Shore should all be in the AHL in prominent roles.

On our roster, Crabb will play the majority of games, Parros will play sparingly. He's an NHLer, he's just not a checker and he's not a 4th line banger. He has the potential to provide a little bit of offense.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 12:11 PM
  #20
Gordonx11
#CatsAreComing
 
Gordonx11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78gRDRLAed4







Remind you of anyone? OH yea but the difference is he scores!!


Last edited by Gordonx11: 07-05-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Gordonx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 12:13 PM
  #21
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Agreed, Howden should spend another season in the AHL. Why does everyone complain about us not developing our kids properly but then want to put them on the 4th line? What is the point of that? Howden, Bjugstad, and probably Shore should all be in the AHL in prominent roles.

On our roster, Crabb will play the majority of games, Parros will play sparingly. He's an NHLer, he's just not a checker and he's not a 4th line banger. He has the potential to provide a little bit of offense.
Because Howden played in Juniors another year and played in the AHL.

So we care about Howden's development but throwing Barkov to the wolves is fine? Wow.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 12:17 PM
  #22
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Because Howden played in Juniors another year and played in the AHL.

So we care about Howden's development but throwing Barkov to the wolves is fine? Wow.
Barkov is obviously a different caliber of prospect than Howden. #2 overall vs. #25 overall. And I would like a veteran center brought in to bump Barkov down to at least 2nd line center.

Howden could use more development in his offensive game, and if he's going to play 4th line minutes and with 4th line linemates, then it would be much more beneficial to him to be playing big minutes in the AHL. Bring Bjugstad, Howden, and Shore up when they are ready to be placed in 2nd and 3rd line roles.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 12:20 PM
  #23
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Barkov is obviously a different caliber of prospect than Howden. #2 overall vs. #25 overall. And I would like a veteran center brought in to bump Barkov down to at least 2nd line center.

Howden could use more development in his offensive game, and if he's going to play 4th line minutes and with 4th line linemates, then it would be much more beneficial to him to be playing big minutes in the AHL. Bring Bjugstad, Howden, and Shore up when they are ready to be placed in 2nd and 3rd line roles.
which none of them are imo. Sure Shore did well defensively, but imo -- he's not near ready yet.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 12:24 PM
  #24
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
which none of them are imo. Sure Shore did well defensively, but imo -- he's not near ready yet.
Agreed, he stalled offensively for the last half of his season.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 12:26 PM
  #25
Erick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 13,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Because Howden played in Juniors another year and played in the AHL.

So we care about Howden's development but throwing Barkov to the wolves is fine? Wow.
It's a different tier of prospects.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.