HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Wellwood Playing?

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2004, 03:26 PM
YoungGun

vCash: 500
Wellwood Playing?

Hey guys......

Can you tell me if Kyle Wellwood is playing in tonight's Ottawa game.....Also if he is playing who is he playing with?

A brief summary of how he looks in his first game would be appreciated as well.

Thanx in advance.

Old
01-08-2004, 03:37 PM
BuppY

He hasn't played a lot, he is playing with Brad Leeb, and Nathan Parrot. He has been skatting hard he was lost in the defensive zone, he looked totally lost as he didn;t know who to take for one shift, but it's his first game so, i understand. I would like for him to play more and get some powerplay time see what he can do with a little space.

Old
01-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Douggy

He was terrible on his first shift which led to a Senators goal.

I did notice at one point in the second period he had the puck behind the Sens net and made a few nice moves trying to get something going, but the man in front was all tied up.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:07 PM
BuppY

He looked great in the 3rd period specially at the mid way point of the period where he put on a stick handling show for the fans. and made couple of nice passes, he hustled a lot out there looked better in second n third than he did in first. Great to see him doing well, he also finished all his checks when he went into the corners. Im tell you guys this guys gonna be a keeper, he gonan turn some heads. I been following him since his ohl day, when he broke in and he is a treat to watch.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:44 PM
YoungGun

Thanx for the updates guys.....I couldn't catch the game on TV, I was at school all night.

I've been following Kyle's career pretty extensively as well......when we were younger we used to play a lot of recreational sports together and I remember playing one day at his back yard rink where he just amazed me with how well he could handle the puck!

It's good to hear that he displayed some of his stick handling for the TO fans to see.......hopefully we'll see more of Wellwood in the future.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:58 AM
dunner97

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
He hasn't played a lot, he is playing with Brad Leeb, and Nathan Parrot. He has been skatting hard he was lost in the defensive zone, he looked totally lost as he didn;t know who to take for one shift, but it's his first game so, i understand. I would like for him to play more and get some powerplay time see what he can do with a little space.
wellwood had his check ..... he went out to the point .jackman looked brutal .quinn shgould have played the crap outta leeb and wellood ..but he gave up coaching lsast nites game by not calling a time out and getting kidd out. im sure quinn had a reason but in reality the leafs should have been better .period...

Old
01-09-2004, 06:01 AM
leafaholix*

He looked really good with the puck, not so great without it.

Made some great moves... he's a quick SOB.

Closed Thread