HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evander Kane

Old
07-05-2013, 02:20 PM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Evander Kane

So with Kane being rumoured to be on the block for a while now, I think he is our best option. Enough with this stalberg/Cullen garbage. Pull up your damn pants poile and grow a set. Weber or rinne will be next ones who ask to leave if we don't get in a win now mode, we have all the pieces but a big scoring forward we could count on in playoffs.

I'm ready to see this problem rectified as I'm sure most of you are, when NHL teams have problems they fix them, I'm getting a little annoyed with poile.

To jets,
Ryan Ellis, Zach budish, 2014 first, and mike fisher

To Nashville,
Evander Kane

Sure it's overpayment but that's only way it gets done!!

So sick of poile, I'm never getting my hopes up again, I got excited months before draft and we walked away with only defense. Sure Seth was only top four left, but we could have traded up or down for assets.

I got a little excited for today and once again got let down thus far, starting to not care anymore and just expect mediocrity.

As I said, grow a set poile. Make a trade because that's all ya got.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Count Von Grabo*

No way the Jets do that.

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:30 PM
maplepred

Yeah your right,
We are the laughing stock of the NHL.

Can't sign anyone good or trade for anyone good. And just nicely starting a no playoffs streak.

Anyways,
I try to be positive but this is getting ridiculous. I'm gonna head out for a couple days before I say something stupid about our team.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:41 PM
KevFist
is best pony

No way I'd do that. The only thing Evander Kane really excels at is hitting the crest of opposing team's jerseys.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:48 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post
No way I'd do that. The only thing Evander Kane really excels at is hitting the crest of opposing team's jerseys.
He's only 21, has already had a thirty goal season, has a massive frame, and had more points than any predator last season.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Count Von Grabo*

I'd say it would take Josi and a first. But the Jets have tons of talent on defense, so I don't think they'd do that either. Really not sure what the Preds could offer. Forsberg and a 1st?

If the Jets were starving for stud d-men I think they'd make good partners.

Old
07-05-2013, 03:02 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Von Grabo View Post
I'd say it would take Josi and a first. But the Jets have tons of talent on defense, so I don't think they'd do that either. Really not sure what the Preds could offer. Forsberg and a 1st?

If the Jets were starving for stud d-men I think they'd make good partners.
Josi and a first? Thats overpayment. Plus, with NJ getting Schneider for just a first rounder, trades are gonna be different. Some could offer more and some less but Josi and a first for Kane? no way.

WPG
Ellis + Smith

NSH
Kane

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Count Von Grabo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Josi and a first? Thats overpayment. Plus, with NJ getting Schneider for just a first rounder, trades are gonna be different. Some could offer more and some less but Josi and a first for Kane? no way.

WPG
Ellis + Smith

NSH
Kane
If you want a 21 year old 30 goal scorer, you gotta give up something big. It's just the way it works.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:46 PM
maplepred

I seriously wonder what the jets would want in a return for him. I would be willing to make a big trade and give up some assets to get him.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:11 PM
PFL615

If Bobby Ryan was had for what he was moved for i wouldn't be putting Kane on am untouchable pedestal.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 06:20 PM
iKiwi

Calm down Maple, lets see what the team does on the ice.

Last edited by iKiwi: 07-05-2013 at 06:58 PM.
iKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 06:51 PM
thecloser

Take everything into account.

Schneider for a first

Ryan for two upcoming prospects and a first.

I'm pretty sure Kane could be had for two NHLers

Old
07-05-2013, 06:57 PM
utkpred

I would give up Ellis and Borque in a heartbeat for Kane

utkpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 06:59 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:

WPG
Ellis + Smith

NSH
Kane
Pretty sure the Jets would immediately refuse this offer.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:02 PM
thecloser

Add a pick but that's about all I'd do

Old
07-05-2013, 07:13 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Add a pick but that's about all I'd do
A first? Because it would take at least that. It has a good shot being another top 5 pick though with Kane maybe not. I still think the Jets would refuse, but who knows.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:54 PM
maplepred

I'm sure we could get a deal together with then for Kane around something of a combination of:
Bourque, smith, Ellis, budish, spaling, ekholm, first/second round picks, beck, vesey, Watson, etc

If Kane cannot be had, why not try for vanek or Connolly?? I would hope poile is at least inquiring...

But we definitely do have assets to make move,

Old
07-05-2013, 08:16 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

If we are going to take on Vanek we would have to at least send Ellis, Bourque/Beck and Smith back in whatever the package ended up being just to have cap space. Once we sign Jones we will have very little room. I'm talking less than $1m, and you know Poile is going to want to have some space for call ups.

Whichever of Bourque/Beck doesn't get traded would likely have to be sent to the minors if we can't get SK's hit off of our books.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 08:52 PM
RaiderDoug

There should be a rule - before we come up with these incredibly one sided trade proposals, people should go to the board of the team they're trying to fleece and see how receptive to Ellis+junk+junk for your All-star goes over.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 08:57 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Why? This is our board where we get to toss around ideas without being shouted down by fans of other teams. It is strictly for entertainment purposes. This isn't something that we are going to be pitching to Poile and Regier.

Old
07-05-2013, 09:08 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Why? This is our board where we get to toss around ideas without being shouted down by fans of other teams. It is strictly for entertainment purposes. This isn't something that we are going to be pitching to Poile and Regier.
Because the entertainment level of the board goes down with the constant bashing of Poile because he simply refuses to trade our mediocre prospect + our 4th line scrub for other teams NHL all-star.

I'm thinking if people actually ventured outside this board and tried to construct a workable deal with with other fan bases, it might make it a little better and might lead to a greater appreciation of our where our team really stands with respect to our roster/farm/etc.

But maybe I'm in the minority. I think i'll join the crowd.

That Poile one stupid Mo-Fo, why doesn't he just give Ryan Ellis + our 2014 + Nick Spaling for Taylor Hall. Obviously Edmonton needs a defenseman, they would definately do it.

Old
07-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Because the entertainment level of the board goes down with the constant bashing of Poile because he simply refuses to trade our mediocre prospect + our 4th line scrub for other teams NHL all-star.

I'm thinking if people actually ventured outside this board and tried to construct a workable deal with with other fan bases, it might make it a little better and might lead to a greater appreciation of our where our team really stands with respect to our roster/farm/etc.

But maybe I'm in the minority. I think i'll join the crowd.

That Poile one stupid Mo-Fo, why doesn't he just give Ryan Ellis + our 2014 + Nick Spaling for Taylor Hall. Obviously Edmonton needs a defenseman, they would definately do it.
Easy now, your using your brain. That's strictly prohibited.

Resume running around in circles immediately!

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:30 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

1) There is a forum exactly for what you're talking about. This, though, this is the Preds forum where we get to just be Preds fans. If people want to venture off into another part of the forum to talk about trade ideas that's cool, but they aren't required to do so, nor should they be, before they toss ideas around here.

2) Evander Kane has never been an All-Star. Personally, I think the kid is a bit overrated and overpaid right now, which is why I wouldn't offer up the moon for him. Vanek? He has a single year left on his contract, and by all indications he wants out of Buffalo. If we can't get him without sending back some key roster players, fine, but I'm not about to ship off anything crazy for the guy when we don't even know if he'd re-sign with us. There really is no point in taking any of my trade ideas to another forum since I know they'll be shot down.

Besides, we're all fans. Not a single one of us has any idea how the inner workings of team management actually goes down, even those of us who have the occasional conversation with someone on the inside. It should also be noted that I emphasized the words "at least" in my post. The only reason I threw those names out and stopped was because I was looking at clearing cap space, not at what Buffalo might actually want for a return on Vanek.

The sarcastic hyperbole was funny, though. I lirl'd

Old
07-05-2013, 09:49 PM
maplepred

Nobody said fourth line scrub, mediocre prospect or junk +junk anyways.

I said names like Ryan Ellis, Zach budish (who projects to be a big power forward), ekholm (who looks very promising), Taylor beck, bourque, 'first' round pick.
To me, none of that is junk or fourth line scrub, etc.

I think a deal could be made made around above mentioned players. Hell, we could even deal fish since we have Cullen now.

Old
07-05-2013, 09:53 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
1) There is a forum exactly for what you're talking about. This, though, this is the Preds forum where we get to just be Preds fans. If people want to venture off into another part of the forum to talk about trade ideas that's cool, but they aren't required to do so, nor should they be, before they toss ideas around here.

2) Evander Kane has never been an All-Star. Personally, I think the kid is a bit overrated and overpaid right now, which is why I wouldn't offer up the moon for him. Vanek? He has a single year left on his contract, and by all indications he wants out of Buffalo. If we can't get him without sending back some key roster players, fine, but I'm not about to ship off anything crazy for the guy when we don't even know if he'd re-sign with us. There really is no point in taking any of my trade ideas to another forum since I know they'll be shot down.

Besides, we're all fans. Not a single one of us has any idea how the inner workings of team management actually goes down, even those of us who have the occasional conversation with someone on the inside. It should also be noted that I emphasized the words "at least" in my post. The only reason I threw those names out and stopped was because I was looking at clearing cap space, not at what Buffalo might actually want for a return on Vanek.

The sarcastic hyperbole was funny, though. I lirl'd
I see your points and don't disagree with you. I wasn't being serious about forcing people to go to other boards to have thier trade proposals vetted.

Poile bashing just gets old, especially when it's based on something as rediculous as some of these trade proposals. Maybe we'd be less inclined to junk up the board with unrealistic negativity if we actually tried to see if we could build a deal for Evander Kane. Or Vanek. Or whomever we want to acquire.