HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

FA/Trade Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2013, 02:09 PM
  #476
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,495
vCash: 500
I've got it.

4 4th liners = 1 1st liner

Poile is actually a genius.

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:09 PM
  #477
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
If we could get rid of goose then my opinion would change a lil
someones leaving. no way will poile start the season with so many redundant pieces.

CantbeatzPekka is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:10 PM
  #478
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,895
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
I think Carter Hutton is a case of if you can't beat him, sign him.

I have him at 13-4 with a .936 save percentage against the Ads the past two years.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:10 PM
  #479
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,492
vCash: 500
Glen Healey laughing hysterically at the Hendricks term/deal. I can't say I disagree, and I actually like the guy.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:11 PM
  #480
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Mason and Ellis second to great??? Are you serious?

Lindback still new to see...

Voc is so so. Nothing special.

And yeah, Hasek was great and paned out before he got here BTW... Korn doesn't have to do anything with his building.

tserberis* is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:11 PM
  #481
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Nystrom seems official

Omfg what has happened... What is happening

I Will Son is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:11 PM
  #482
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
But we'll be "hard to play against". That's worked really well before.

Jarnberg is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:13 PM
  #483
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
Vokoun, Mason, and Ellis were all cast-offs and pupils of his that ended up being #1's elsewhere.
Maybe they was lucky to get away form him, and only that made them number 1?

tserberis* is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:13 PM
  #484
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
a couple of things;

with Gill and SK74 off the books thats like 5-6 million added to the 12 million we had of space before those 2 left.

we can still make some moves. just speculating but i would say after the 8 weve spent we probably have around 8-11 million still. somewhere in that range.

also hearing, TBL has lots of interest in Filpulla, per LeBrun. Come on Poile!

Smith, Goose, and SPaling I believe are gonna be moved.

thecloser is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:13 PM
  #485
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Glen Healey laughing hysterically at the Hendricks term/deal. I can't say I disagree, and I actually like the guy.



Stalberg I get. Cullen, meh not really especially for that change, Nystrom depending on $$$ and years sure, but Hendricks at that $$$$? Has Poile lost his mind?

We have literally blown the money that we saved from SK and Erat on redundant pieces. I would rather just blow it this year and let Watson Beck and FF struggle and lose than be saddled with these contracts.

Roman Yoshi is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:15 PM
  #486
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Mason and Ellis second to great??? Are you serious?

Lindback still new to see...

Voc is so so. Nothing special.

And yeah, Hasek was great and paned out before he got here BTW... Korn doesn't have to do anything with his building.
I said those four range from "solid-to-great". I never said Ellis and Mason are "solid-to-great." They were solid for us, another part you glossed over, and if you want to dispute that you'll have a rough time of it.

The bottom line is you are showing your lack of knowledge of Mitch Korn. He started coaching with Buffalo in 1991. Hasek came to Buffalo the next year, posting some unremarkable numbers. He was hardly "panned out" before he got to the NHL (I'm assuming you meant that by "here" since he never played in Nashville). Oh and then he won 4 Vezina trophies. Yeah, I bet his coach had nothing to do with that.

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:16 PM
  #487
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
a couple of things;

with Gill and SK74 off the books thats like 5-6 million added to the 12 million we had of space before those 2 left.

we can still make some moves. just speculating but i would say after the 8 weve spent we probably have around 8-11 million still. somewhere in that range.

also hearing, TBL has lots of interest in Filpulla, per LeBrun. Come on Poile!

Smith, Goose, and SPaling I believe are gonna be moved.
Filppula does go to TBL, 5 years, $5M AAV. For a guy that's only scored more than 40 points once in his career, and was awful last year, I don't know about that one.

Iron Duke is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:17 PM
  #488
Nothing Is New
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
I think at some point Poile saw the handwriting on the wall: we weren't going to get any of the primo UFAs. He then decided to get the best of the rest. Not as good as we would have liked - but he can't make 'em sign here.

Nothing Is New is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:17 PM
  #489
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Maybe they was lucky to get away form him, and only that made them number 1?
Which is exactly why they had their best seasons under his tutelage, and then disappointed when they went to take over the reigns in other cities. Yep! They needed to escape the terrible coaching of Korn.

At any rate, it doesn't matter. We signed a goalie to create competition in camp. Even if he is a back up to Rinne he won't be seeing very many games.

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:18 PM
  #490
Infinite Jest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 572
vCash: 50
I really, really don't understand the Hendricks deal. I'm glad to have him, he'll be very helpful in the shootouts, but 4 x 1.85? I just don't get it

Infinite Jest is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:18 PM
  #491
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Dealing Smith will be a mistake. Just my opinion from watching the guy's skillset. He had a bad year and is being Trotzed.
Smith played well his first six weeks in the NHL, mediocre since.

101st_fan is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:18 PM
  #492
SavageSteve
Registered User
 
SavageSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post


Stalberg I get. Cullen, meh not really especially for that change, Nystrom depending on $$$ and years sure, but Hendricks at that $$$$? Has Poile lost his mind?

We have literally blown the money that we saved from SK and Erat on redundant pieces. I would rather just blow it this year and let Watson Beck and FF struggle and lose than be saddled with these contracts.
I would say that size and sandpaper should be the theme on all of his signings...

SavageSteve is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:18 PM
  #493
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Is New View Post
I think at some point Poile saw the handwriting on the wall: we weren't going to get any of the primo UFAs. He then decided to get the best of the rest. Not as good as we would have liked - but he can't make 'em sign here.
He could always kidnap them, and threaten them with a gun.

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:19 PM
  #494
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
It's hysterical that yesterday we were debating whether or not Briere would be a good fit.

Drake744 is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:19 PM
  #495
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Smith played well his first six weeks in the NHL, mediocre since.
If Smith could find a way to be better at his puck possession game he would improve. He's simply knocked off of the puck or out of position too easily. He isn't strong enough to simply float around waiting for the perfect play, and he isn't very good along the boards really. He needs to get stronger on the puck, or he needs to find a way to be more deceptive. Right now it's too easy to know what he's trying to do, and completely disrupt that.

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:20 PM
  #496
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Granted some of the signings today have been strange and I dont get a couple of the terms and $$$ but I don't know why people hate on DP ALLLLL the time. The man just got asked to be GM of our Olympic team and is very well respected and receives high praise all over the league.

With that said, we still need to add pieces and move some guys.

thecloser is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:20 PM
  #497
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Smith played well his first six weeks in the NHL, mediocre since.
Still a young guy with wheels and a very solid skill set. Needs more time IMO. He may the type of guy that gets out of our system and does better elsewhere. We'll see.

Jarnberg is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:21 PM
  #498
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Granted some of the signings today have been strange and I dont get a couple of the terms and $$$ but I don't know why people hate on DP ALLLLL the time. The man just got asked to be GM of our Olympic team and is very well respected and receives high praise all over the league.

With that said, we still need to add pieces and move some guys.
Gotta take the frustration out on someone.

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:21 PM
  #499
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
He could always kidnap them, and threaten the with a gun.
typical poile move

CantbeatzPekka is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 02:21 PM
  #500
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
I would say that size and sandpaper should be the theme on all of his signings...
Which I like! I love grit and sandpaper! I have been a very engaged Bruins fan the past two years, but these guys just aren't what this team needs. As soon as the Preds have Horton, Lucic, Bergeron, etc. come talk to me about paying a guy like Cullen 3.5.

Roman Yoshi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.