HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA/Trade Talk

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post

Stalberg I get. Cullen, meh not really especially for that change, Nystrom depending on $$$ and years sure, but Hendricks at that $$$$? Has Poile lost his mind?

We have literally blown the money that we saved from SK and Erat on redundant pieces. I would rather just blow it this year and let Watson Beck and FF struggle and lose than be saddled with these contracts.
Stalberg is a legitimate option to play in our top 6. He adds speed/size. He is inconsistent, but he is decent on the puck. This is a legitimate chance to upgrade our offense. Good deal. Decent term/price.

Cullen is a consistent mid-tier player. He scores 35-45 points. He is a decent center, and he is good on the powerplay. 3.5 million at 36 years old is too much, but it isn't terrible. The problem with him is that we have players eerily similar in Fisher and Legwand in terms of production. I'll take it, but it isn't a spectacular deal. If anything it is a bit of a reach. That said, I would rather give Cullen 3.5 for two years then swallow that cash and do nothing (which we did last year).

Matt Hendricks is a solid player. He is good at what he does. He is apparently dynamite in the shootout and good in the lockerrom. 1.85 million for 4 years is quite rich for a cash-poor team that doesn't need bottom 6 forwards. I want to add grit and speed to this lineup. I also want talent. This move was not the move I would have made given the current makeup of this roster.

Nystrom - let's see if this is official.

Bottomline: we have added 4 forwards. 2 have a chance at helping on offense. The price is okay. We need to add more offensive talent, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are done .... Let's hope we are still active. Let's hope that some of the redundant pieces are moved for prospects.

Using our cap space is a win for us. It is more of a win if we are able to use this financial room to gain assets for a change.

07-05-2013, 02:23 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Which is exactly why they had their best seasons under his tutelage, and then disappointed when they went to take over the reigns in other cities. Yep! They needed to escape the terrible coaching of Korn.

At any rate, it doesn't matter. We signed a goalie to create competition in camp. Even if he is a back up to Rinne he won't be seeing very many games.
Poile is the best GM, Korn is the best goalie handler, Trotz is the best coach, Nashville is the great city, Fans are adorable, Ownership is commited, Organization is great:

So what the **** stinks so bad at Bridgestone that we can only sign rejects of other team with overpayment???
Somewhat better players run away and nobody trade with us unless it is 1 for Goose UFA injured...

Old
07-05-2013, 02:24 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

We could get lucky and see an EC team OS Pie.

Old
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Stalberg is a legitimate option to play in our top 6. He adds speed/size. He is inconsistent, but he is decent on the puck. This is a legitimate chance to upgrade our offense. Good deal. Decent term/price.

Cullen is a consistent mid-tier player. He scores 35-45 points. He is a decent center, and he is good on the powerplay. 3.5 million at 36 years old is too much, but it isn't terrible. The problem with him is that we have players eerily similar in Fisher and Legwand in terms of production. I'll take it, but it isn't a spectacular deal. If anything it is a bit of a reach. That said, I would rather give Cullen 3.5 for two years then swallow that cash and do nothing (which we did last year).

Matt Hendricks is a solid player. He is good at what he does. He is apparently dynamite in the shootout and good in the lockerrom. 1.85 million for 4 years is quite rich for a cash-poor team that doesn't need bottom 6 forwards. I want to add grit and speed to this lineup. I also want talent. This move was not the move I would have made given the current makeup of this roster.

Bottomline: we have added 4 forwards. 2 have a chance at helping on offense. The price is okay. We need to add more offensive talent, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are done .... Let's hope we are still active. Let's hope that some of the redundant pieces are moved for prospects.

Using our cap space is a win for us. It is more of a win if we are able to use this financial room to gain assets for a change.
Pretty fair and level-headed assessment. I don't think we're completely done yet either.

Old
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Poile is the best GM, Korn is the best goalie handler, Trotz is the best coach, Nashville is the great city, Fans are adorable, Ownership is commited, Organization is great:

So what the **** stinks so bad at Bridgestone that we can sign rejects of other team with overpayment???
Poile is not the best GM and Trotz is not the best coach. Nashville is a nice city but so are others and Preds have good fans but not the best.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:25 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

So what the **** stinks so bad at Bridgestone that we can sign rejects of other team with overpayment???
I never said any of that, so stop reaching. I said Korn is arguably the best goalie coach in the league. Hyperbole doesn't make anyone seem correct.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:26 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

4 years 2.5 a year for Nystrom

Wtf!!!!!

Old
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Poile is not the best GM and Trotz is not the best coach. Nashville is a nice city but so are others and Preds have good fans but not the best.
You missed the sarcasm.

Old
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:

I farted there once.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Drake744
@imdrakesmith

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post

Wtf!!!!!
Is this real?

Old
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post

Wtf!!!!!
That can't be real. Would have to be $2.5 million overall. Works out to $625,000 a year. Makes sense for a depth player.

Old
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Still some pretty good FA offensive players available, most are veterans, such as Iginla, Morrow, and Derek Roy. Then guys like Mason Raymond and Peter Mueller.

Let's see what happens.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:28 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Is this real?
I hope not, saw some fans tweeting it

Old
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I'm with Enoch. Nothing sexy, but solid so far. Stalberg and Cullen could help improve our PP, along with having Weber, Josi, Jones and Ellis playing point with the man advantage. More depth in the bottom six should help with our PK as we can roll lines more and not wear players down too much. Rinne will be healthier. Forsberg will get a full training camp with the team, and the kid looked good coming straight over from Europe and being dropped into a line up without having practiced with them on a smaller ice surface playing a different style of game from what he is used to.

It'll be nice to add another top six piece, but a lot of holes have been plugged and some assets are now movable.

Old
Byrddog

vCash: 162
We can see it no. Preds start to change on the fly. Trotz yells 4t line and 12 players go over the boards A whistle Too many players on the ice. The PK needs to be strong.

Old
Drake744
@imdrakesmith

vCash: 325
I have nothing really wrong with the players we're getting, but the prices are outrageous.

Old
SavageSteve

Quote:

Nystrom is listed at 4yrs/2.5M
Quote:
@dantencer: As per @Bob_Stauffer it's 4 years and 2.5M for Nystrom. @ByKevinAllen says it's to Nashville”

Old
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:

I agree with number 1. Agree with most of number two. Agree wholeheartedly with 3.

Just saw Nystrom at 2.5...

Old
I Will Son
An Army of One

Yea some Oilers radio guy tweeted it to,
Seems official

Old
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Bobby Ryan to the Sens.

Old
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Nothing confirmed on Nystrom yet.

Old
Jarnberg

The thing is we've been down this road before. More balanced line scoring BS. It hasn't worked for us in the playoffs yet.

Old
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
We can see it no. Preds start to change on the fly. Trotz yells 4t line and 12 players go over the boards A whistle Too many players on the ice. The PK needs to be strong.

Feels that way sometimes, doesn't it?

No way Nystrom is netting 2.5 annually. No way. It has to be total. Right?

Old
NoNecksCurse

shaking my head........

Old
07-05-2013, 02:30 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Still some pretty good FA offensive players available, most are veterans, such as Iginla, Morrow, and Derek Roy. Then guys like Mason Raymond and Peter Mueller.

Let's see what happens.
Raymond signed Calgary

Closed Thread