HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2013, 10:01 PM
  #876
moorg
Registered User
 
moorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nj
Country: United States
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
I wonder if Vinny is going to like the hoagies at wawa? Trying to be somewhat relevant.

moorg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 10:24 PM
  #877
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust
 
flyersjamminontheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brandon, Friendly MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Whats the Canadian equivalent. A fancier 7/11 ?
Benny next time you're in Brandon, drive a chicken bacon sub from pizza express into your belly. Then please tell me how the wawa compares!

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 11:11 PM
  #878
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorg View Post
I wonder if Vinny is going to like the hoagies at wawa? Trying to be somewhat relevant.
Of course he is, what red blooded french canadien would not love delicious slices of meat served on soft chewy rolls made from heaven. Come to think of it, he didn't even have a choice of what city he was going to pick once he was bought out.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:13 AM
  #879
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
I think we should revisit the Sheetz vs Wawa thread...Sheetz has burgers on a pretzel roll and fried mac and cheese soooo...

Sheetz will definitely give you the sheetz though. Wawa usually won't.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:33 AM
  #880
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,508
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I think we should revisit the Sheetz vs Wawa thread...Sheetz has burgers on a pretzel roll and fried mac and cheese soooo...

Sheetz will definitely give you the sheetz though. Wawa usually won't.
Sheetz is pretty solid, but I think Wawa easily takes the cake.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:52 AM
  #881
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I think we should revisit the Sheetz vs Wawa thread...Sheetz has burgers on a pretzel roll and fried mac and cheese soooo...

Sheetz will definitely give you the sheetz though. Wawa usually won't.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:22 AM
  #882
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster
 
DoobeeDoobeeDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 467
vCash: 533
Not a bad move IMO, Flyers have very talented forwards but they're still young & lack veteran leadership, Vinny Lecavlier brings this to the team.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:38 AM
  #883
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Wawa needs to deliver. I want a BBQ pepper jack cheesesteak. I also want wawa to make burgers. Quickchek experimented with it and OMG.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:39 AM
  #884
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Also. This is the best detailed thread of all time.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:12 AM
  #885
Flying
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yamoussoukro, USA
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
i like this deal (aside from the NMC)

but to be on topic, people who prefer sheetz over wawa are just wrong

incorrect all the way through

im sorry but that's the way it is

Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:56 AM
  #886
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Wawa just gave me a cheesesteak with no steak.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 11:41 AM
  #887
Le Oranje
Registered User
 
Le Oranje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bloomsburg, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
We have Sheetz up here, but no Wawa. Some rich person please open a Wawa franchise here. Kthx.

Le Oranje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:05 PM
  #888
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,103
vCash: 500
Vinnys agent:

The agent for newly acquired Flyers free-agent center Vincent Lecavalier said the appeal of the franchise had much to do with the player's decision to move to Philadelphia.

"We could have had a much more significant contract if he made the decision solely on money," agent Kent Hughes said Wednesday in a phone interview. "But we didn't solicit offers from everyone. We kind of narrowed it down."
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...FyQ3sBWiOdU.99

{Mod Edit} MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA


Last edited by Homeland Security: 07-04-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Edit
healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:10 PM
  #889
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,433
vCash: 500
Elias at 37 got a 3 yr contract at 5.5 mil. Vinny at 33 a 5 year contract at 4.5.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:16 PM
  #890
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,895
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Elias at 37 got a 3 yr contract at 5.5 mil. Vinny at 33 a 5 year contract at 4.5.
but Elias is loyal and a fan favourite

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 01:22 PM
  #891
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Elias at 37 got a 3 yr contract at 5.5 mil. Vinny at 33 a 5 year contract at 4.5.
Of course. Lou is a genius and Homer is insane.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 01:25 PM
  #892
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Vinnys agent:

The agent for newly acquired Flyers free-agent center Vincent Lecavalier said the appeal of the franchise had much to do with the player's decision to move to Philadelphia.

"We could have had a much more significant contract if he made the decision solely on money," agent Kent Hughes said Wednesday in a phone interview. "But we didn't solicit offers from everyone. We kind of narrowed it down."
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...FyQ3sBWiOdU.99

Suck on that main boards!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Nice quote, but remember to take everything a player's agent says with a grain of salt.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:02 PM
  #893
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,578
vCash: 1425
Just to confirm: Lecavalier will wear jersey number 40.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:06 PM
  #894
BWAVgal
Clever comment here
 
BWAVgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,357
vCash: 176
Yet every new player has been added to the roster on the Flyers page but Vinny. Hmmm...

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:09 PM
  #895
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,578
vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
Yet every new player has been added to the roster on the Flyers page but Vinny. Hmmm...
I have noticed various oddities on different team's websites on NHL.com over time. But there is a noticeable welcome to Lecavalier here: http://flyers.nhl.com/?navid=nav-teamnav-phi

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:37 PM
  #896
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,629
vCash: 165
The signing is great in comparison, I know the others are younger, but it is not like we signed Vinny until he is in his 40's.

Lecavalier: 5 yrs, $4.50m
Horton: 7 yrs, $5.30m
Clarkson: 7 yrs, $5.25m
Clowe: 5 yrs, $4.85m
Weiss: 5 yrs, $4.94m
Bozak: 5 yrs, $4.20m
Filppula: 5 yrs, $5m

It looks even better when compared to production in the last 3 years:

Lecavalier: 135 Points 0.8 PPG
Clowe: 126 points 0.66 PPG
Weiss: 110 points 0.64 PPG
Filppula: 122 points 0.63 PPG
Horton: 107 Points 0.63 PPG
Bozak: 107 points 0.53 PPG
Clarkson: 88 Points 0.42 PPG

Appleyard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 03:07 PM
  #897
whatthef
Failure is an Option
 
whatthef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Upper Darby
Country: United States
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
The signing is great in comparison, I know the others are younger, but it is not like we signed Vinny until he is in his 40's.

Lecavalier: 5 yrs, $4.50m
Horton: 7 yrs, $5.30m
Clarkson: 7 yrs, $5.25m
Clowe: 5 yrs, $4.85m
Weiss: 5 yrs, $4.94m
Bozak: 5 yrs, $4.20m
Filppula: 5 yrs, $5m

It looks even better when compared to production in the last 3 years:

Lecavalier: 135 Points 0.8 PPG
Clowe: 126 points 0.66 PPG
Weiss: 110 points 0.64 PPG
Filppula: 122 points 0.63 PPG
Horton: 107 Points 0.63 PPG
Bozak: 107 points 0.53 PPG
Clarkson: 88 Points 0.42 PPG
I came in here to post pretty much the same thing. The contracts teams are handing out to day are making Homers moves look down right normal.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:40 PM
  #898
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,034
vCash: 1050
http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...262342&lang=en

Vinny Lecav interview.

Says he's a lot more comfortable playing on his off wing (RW) then he is on the Left, if they choose to put him on the Wing. When they mentioned he may have an opportunity to play on Roo's line it sounded like his voice got higher he was genuinely excited about the prospect of that. Have a feeling that was probably a big seller for him coming here. 1st PP unit looks like this IMO.

Roo-Lecav-Simmonds/Hartnell
Timonen-Voracek

Obviously simmonds or Hartnell goes where he normally goes. Roo goes to his spot and Lecav and Voracek both line up for one T's in the higher or lower slot with timonen at the top of the umbrella.


Last edited by PALE PWNR: 07-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:09 PM
  #899
IceHot
Registered User
 
IceHot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Redneck Riviera
Country: United States
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Wawa just gave me a cheesesteak with no steak.
Don't feel so bad, parts of Florida butchers the concept of Steak sandwiches, some people are just clueless and or plain stupid.
Long time ago in Miami Beach they gave me a 'whole' 3/4 inch thick touch piece of steak in a roll and called it a steak sandwich
(*slaps forehead) Ok I understood that the guy making it was just off the boat and not from this country, but the next incident was mind boggling:
More recently In Jacksonville I ordered a Philly Cheese Steak and they gave me just peperoni with cheese. WTF???

If anything Vinny will miss Leroy Selmons Restaurant in Tampa, I have to wait once a year to get my fix in Bradenton ,as they don't have one here in the FL Panhandle yet. Those are by far the best Restaurants, well run great consistent food and dipping sauces.
Even the music pumped in is some of my favorite 80's alternative.


Last edited by IceHot: 07-06-2013 at 02:14 PM.
IceHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:30 PM
  #900
EstimatedProphet
Rookie User
 
EstimatedProphet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHot View Post
Don't feel so bad, parts of Florida butchers the concept of Steak sandwiches, some people are just clueless and or plain stupid.
Long time ago in Miami Beach they gave me a 'whole' 3/4 inch thick touch piece of steak in a roll and called it a steak sandwich
(*slaps forehead) Ok I understood that the guy making it was just off the boat and not from this country, but the next incident was mind boggling:
More recently In Jacksonville I ordered a Philly Cheese Steak and they gave me just peperoni with cheese. WTF???

If anything Vinny will miss Leroy Selmons Restaurant in Tampa, I have to wait once a year to get my fix in Bradenton ,as they don't have one here in the FL Panhandle yet. Those are by far the best Restaurants, well run great consistent food and dipping sauces.
Even the music pumped in is some of my favorite 80's alternative.
They just opened up ten Wawas in the Tampa area. There's a bunch up in the new port richey area up along 19

EstimatedProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.