Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Defense receiving help?

Old
10-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Lashoff is the only one that I would give a look right now. Granted I've only seen a couple p-bruins games, but he stood out for the defenders. Has wheels and isn't out of position often. He looks the closest to ready.

Killerbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Ortdogg

i know Patrik Traverse could be had for the right price

Ortdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

I remember Bourque playing with a broken wrist (I think, but I know it was a cast from the wrist up). He just wore different gloves. Why is stuart such a wimp. A broken pinky takes 3 weeks?!? I broke my middle finger falling down the stairs at Fenway about three weeks ago. It was fine after about 5 days. Suck it up buttercup.

Ruzicka38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
thoughts ?

it reeks of Gord Murphy III

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5major View Post
I dont think you can say Brian Leetch is out of shape...Old? Yes.....Not as mobile? Yes...but he is a very well conditioned athlete....But i agree, he isnt the answer...
Actually, yeah. I think it may have been on Stocker's show where I heard that Leetch didn't work out all summer bla bla bla...

We don't need Woolley's... I agree with everyone else who's like to get a peek at a prospect or two and see how they do.

- Ron

Bruin_Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 02:19 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Forget Woolley and sign Leetch! I'd also bring up Lashoff for a brief look, while we're shorthanded with injuries, but as soon as Stu and Alby are back, send Lashoff back down so he can play 28mins a night and continue to develop.

While we're at it, I'd also send Toivonen down for a 2-week conditioning stint, so he can work on his game by playing every game, and I'd bring up Finley to back up Thomas in the interim. And I'd swap Thompson for Kalus or Walter, who seems to be doing well (2g +2 in 4games).

PlayMakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Yeah I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinAddict View Post
Great, just what we need, another #7 defenseman. How 'bout we call up Lashoff or Sigalet instead and see what they are made of?
WOOLEY is Jason YORK, with a different last name. Brian LEETCH would be a better option if he's willing to play for reasonable $$$. I would try LASHOFF first, see how he does, if he has difficulty, try Bobby ALLEN, then look outside the club.

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:25 PM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

Thanks Ron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron View Post
Actually, yeah. I think it may have been on Stocker's show where I heard that Leetch didn't work out all summer bla bla bla...

We don't need Woolley's... I agree with everyone else who's like to get a peek at a prospect or two and see how they do.

- Ron

That's what I thought too. But none the less, his out of shape is like most of us having worked out with Mickey from Rocky for 365 days straight! We'd be in great shape for us, but mediocre for Leetch and most hockey players!

-Murph

Last edited by hockeyscribe22: 10-24-2006 at 04:27 PM. Reason: spelling
hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Don Cherry*

I'm sure the only reason Woolleys name is being mentioned is that Lewis coached him in Detroit.

He probably played the emotionless style that Lewis craves and he's got Chiapet nearly talked into it.

Woolley may even have some new Steve Yzerman stories that he can tell the team to help inspire them so I think it would be a good move.

Don Cherry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:33 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
I'm sure the only reason Woolleys name is being mentioned is that Lewis coached him in Detroit.

He probably played the emotionless style that Lewis craves and he's got Chiapet nearly talked into it.

Woolley may even have some new Steve Yzerman stories that he can tell the team to help inspire them so I think it would be a good move.

That pony needs a new trick.

In regards to the defense right now...
There's not a whole lot out there that would be worth signing for 3-4 weeks. Whoever they brought in shouldn't be considered part of the solution but rather a bandaid until we can get our defense all on the ice at one time.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:39 PM
TerrieRizer*

Send a message via AIM to TerrieRizer*
Dan McGillis is doin pretty well for the Devils farm team. Why not give them a call and see what they can get him for. He'd be an upgrade over York/Dempsey.

TerrieRizer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
What's Dave Ellett doing these days?

In all seriousness, if the Bruins are looking for defensive help, either they're going to have to trade for some or use the I-95 chute from Providence.

Depending on how much time Stuart will miss, I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade happen. Maybe they can bring in some scoring help with it.
Defensive help would be pleasant, however a goalie that could stop a beachball would be SUHWEET...

Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
Defensive help would be pleasant, however a goalie that could stop a beachball would be SUHWEET...

And a forward who could actually HIT the net would be nice..

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38 View Post
I remember Bourque playing with a broken wrist (I think, but I know it was a cast from the wrist up). He just wore different gloves. Why is stuart such a wimp. A broken pinky takes 3 weeks?!? I broke my middle finger falling down the stairs at Fenway about three weeks ago. It was fine after about 5 days. Suck it up buttercup.
I was thinking the same thing. Even if this guy turned out to be the "D" that many think (not me) he will be, do you want to tie up huge coin on a guy who misses a month with a bruised ego, or a shattered fingernail?

Old
10-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

we should not rush the young players to fill their shoes, atleast not eyt. Has anyone noticed that we don't play much in the next two weeks? This is an advantage for us, becuase those that are hurt can rest and we don't play many agmes without them.

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruno View Post
And a forward who could actually HIT the net would be nice..
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's not Christmas YET...

Old
10-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Ouch

[QUOTE=TerrieRizer;6870179]Dan McGillis is doin pretty well for the Devils farm team. Why not give them a call and see what they can get

That's a huge salary hit...2.2 per

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 05:25 PM
TerrieRizer*

Send a message via AIM to TerrieRizer*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24 View Post
That's a huge salary hit...2.2 per

Ok wasn't sure what his salary was, just knew he was doing well and he played well while he was here.

TerrieRizer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 05:41 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Tough spot. The Bruins are up against the cap and don't have much in way trade bait. Knowing the depth of their problems (goaltending, special teams, offense), bringing in a bandaid d-man won't make much difference.

Then again, considering Alberts and Stuart are out for 3-4 weeks and Jurcina, York, Dempsey and Brookbank are the current #3-6 defensemen (yikes), it's certainly not a bad idea to see what's out there.

Fortunately, when the Bruins are healthy, with Chara, BStuart, Mara, MStuart, Jurcina, Alberts and eventually Lashoff, the defense should be a point of strength for years to come (especially if BS stays).

MeisterBruinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Bruwinz37

I really wish we had signed Radoslav Suchy when he could have been had for about a million bucks.

Put me in the group that says no thanks to Jason Wolley. Rather have Lashoff get some experience until we heal up.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 08:55 AM
ODAAT

Colorado is, from what I hear looking to unload a little cap room, could Sylvain Lefeve(spelling), be one of them, very responsible defenceman, not fancy but....

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 09:00 AM
spokedB44

Thought it was interesting that the Penguins called up Noah Welch last night. Could they be showcasing him for a Murray deal? Welch would be an upgrade over any of our bottom 3 guys.

spokedB44 is offline   Reply With Quote