HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

GDT: FLYERS vs. Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 07:25 AM
Flyers26

vCash: 500
GDT: FLYERS vs. Buffalo

OK, here we go....
Last game of the 8 game road trip.
Sammi K is back...
JR is playing after getting 25 stiches to the cheek....
Esche in goal...
2 points for the taking against a so-so Buffalo team

Old
01-07-2004, 07:40 AM
fan mao rong

Well with Sharp and Seidenberg back, I say they put standard lines back together
  • Recchi-Roenick-Amonte
  • Gagne-Comrie-Williams
  • Brashear-Handzus-Kappanen
Well, with Primeau out, maybe not so standard--but it's tending toward normalcy. Then for the 4th line-----Leclair-Sharp-Somik. Then I suppose they sit out Seidenberg and return to the usual defense. Maybe if it was me I say Seidenberg for Therien, and Fedoruk for LeClair.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan mao rong
Well with Sharp and Seidenberg back, I say they put standard lines back together
  • Recchi-Roenick-Amonte
  • Gagne-Comrie-Williams
  • Brashear-Handzus-Kappanen
Well, with Primeau out, maybe not so standard--but it's tending toward normalcy. Then for the 4th line-----Leclair-Sharp-Somik. Then I suppose they sit out Seidenberg and return to the usual defense. Maybe if it was me I say Seidenberg for Therien, and Fedoruk for LeClair.
I'm makin the trip down from Toronto to see this one... got seats 5 rows behind Philly's bench.
I think the Gags-Comrie-Willie line would match up well with the Sabres because most of their guys are smallish too, but not as fast. Here's hoping we can pop a couple early and take the wind out of their sails.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:27 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
the last game of a road trip especially a 8 gamer can sometimes be a downer. players are looking forward to the homestand and playing in front of there own fans ect. however the Flyers are coming off a embarrasing loss in Tampa. im sure Hitch chewed them out and they will hopefully respond with a solid 60 minute effort tonite against a team that is very capable of giving us fits. Look for the Flyers to come out with a angry physical game. i would not be suprised if there are many fights and the chippy penalties in this one. now that im done rambling:
Flyers 4 (Recchi,Williams,Comrie,Ragnarsson)
Sabres 2 (Satan,Briere)

Old
01-07-2004, 09:34 AM
FearTheFlyers

I'll be there tonight aswell...First Flyers gaem,let's go boys!

Former Flyers assistant coach now Coach of the Owen Sound Attack gave me tickets.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:39 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Since the Tampa game they have had a few days of rest and practice at home so it shouldn't be a final road trip game downer. I hope they got that out of their system in Tampa.

Flyers 4 (Comrie, Gagne, Pitkanen, Amonte)
Sabres 1 (Satan)

Old
01-07-2004, 09:51 AM
FlyerFire

LaPointe

is he playing tonite?

Old
01-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Teezax

Well seeing that Buffalo lost a tough divisional game last night in montreal, and had problems scoring against Theo, i don't see why we shouldn't win this one. If we shut them out for a period or two we'll be cool, they'll get frustrated and start making mental mistakes which we love to capitalize on.

Flyers 4 Comrie, Roenick, Amonte, Leclair
Sabres 0

Old
01-07-2004, 10:05 AM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Look for the Flyers to come out with a angry physical game. i would not be suprised if there are many fights and the chippy penalties in this one.
Whose going to fight? Prims is out, Roenick's face is messed up, Vandy got sent down, and Fedoruk will probably sit with Kapanen coming back and Hitch wanting a true center (Sharp) to play the 4th line. And Brashear? Maybe if Boulton play he'll fight him, but he won't give Peters the time of day.

Old
01-07-2004, 11:09 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Since the Tampa game they have had a few days of rest and practice at home so it shouldn't be a final road trip game downer.
Hitch has had them on 2 a days after our wonderful road trip. Patrick Sharp, I think, will be the fourth center tonight. I like him, hopefully he does well tonight. If anything, the boys are going very pumped to play this game tonight. Buffalo is going to be the unlucky victim at the hands of the Flyers. Here's to getting the orange & black back on track.

Flyers 5
Butterknives 1

Old
01-07-2004, 11:40 AM
Overtime

From shots taken at practice on the news it looks like Recchi will be with Roenick and Amonte (red jerseys) while LeClair and Kapanen will play together (orange jerseys)

Old
01-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
I don't think Lappy will be playing.

Flyers 4(Gagné,Williams,Handzus,Amonte)
Sabres1(Satan)

Old
01-07-2004, 01:29 PM
capn89*

Since I still don't believe the slump is over, I think I'll go out on a limb and predict:

Buffalo 2
Philadelphia 1

Old
01-07-2004, 03:54 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
well, it's a classic Flyers game thus far, the Flyers have 28 shots on Buffalo and only 1 goal to show for it. it's 1-1 after 2 periods and this has tie written all over it. they could really use the 2 points though.

Old
01-07-2004, 04:01 PM
sickboy35

i just want to see peters and huggie go at it!! watch peters beat up tie dumi a few nights ago and would love to see a real heavy-weight match!

Old
01-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Rex88

Sharp was good when allowed to skate.
Sami makes a huge difference on the PK.
Every shot is at Biron's chest and half are with no one around or even in an offensive position.
Comrie again looks solid and I think has driven Handzus to play more physical to earn ice time - both were good.

Old
01-08-2004, 03:41 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
i just want to see peters and huggie go at it!! watch peters beat up tie dumi a few nights ago and would love to see a real heavy-weight match!
When Brash got his minor, that lead to Buffalo's only goal, he challenged Peters, and Peters wanted no part of him.
Shame, it would have been a nice B-day gift for Brash!

Old
01-08-2004, 05:29 AM
Blindside9711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
When Brash got his minor, that lead to Buffalo's only goal, he challenged Peters, and Peters wanted no part of him.
Shame, it would have been a nice B-day gift for Brash!
Peters pussied out, plain and simple.
The Comrie line played well, Handzus was hitting alot, Leclair was all over the ice... Bottom line, everybody played well, almost flawless performance, but nobody could pick a corner. Every shot was at Biron's Sabres logo. I thought these guys were pros getting paid to hit the net anywhere they want...
Brashear played a terrible game, and when he had a chance to redeem himself, he blew it. He should sit for a few. It's incredible, everytime I see this **** live, his skill level seems to go down another notch. He can't skate to save his life, he has no hockey sense, I could go on and on... The defining moment of his night was not taking the 2 minute minor or hitting the bar with the open net, but when we were trying to sustain some pressure in the Buffalo end, cycling the puck down low, all I see is Brash skating to the bench for a change... He'd only been out for 10-20 seconds. A bunch of the Flyers fans were yelling at him to get back in the play... Sabres managed to skate the puck out of their zone because we were down a man.
Was there any word on Therien? He took a shot off the foot and limped back to the bench, I lost track of him after that.

Last edited by John Flyers Fan: 01-08-2004 at 05:39 AM. Reason: edited for language
Old
01-08-2004, 08:36 AM
paxtang

As much as it was a ***** move by Peters, it served Brashear right. When you have a rep for fake glove dropping, which he does, then eventually it bites you in the ass, and it has a few times this year. If he had just fought Peters in the first when challanged, what like 3 times, this wouldn't have happened. But of course a guy like Fedoruk gets sat over this guy.

Old
01-08-2004, 08:39 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
As much as it was a ***** move by Peters, it served Brashear right. When you have a rep for fake glove dropping, which he does, then eventually it bites you in the ass, and it has a few times this year. If he had just fought Peters in the first when challanged, what like 3 times, this wouldn't have happened. But of course a guy like Fedoruk gets sat over this guy.
I agree, and I think fake glove drops should be given a 2 min unsportsmanlike penalty - and if the other guy bites it should not be automatic penalty unless he actually swings at the guy.

Old
01-08-2004, 08:59 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
I agree, and I think fake glove drops should be given a 2 min unsportsmanlike penalty - and if the other guy bites it should not be automatic penalty unless he actually swings at the guy.
Why not just take the instigator rule out of the game so that if you fake glove drop you get your ass beat anyway? I never liked that rule.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
Why not just take the instigator rule out of the game so that if you fake glove drop you get your ass beat anyway? I never liked that rule.

I agree with that as well.
Then the guy gets a penalty and potential smack down.

Old
01-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Blindside9711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
I agree with that as well.
Then the guy gets a penalty and potential smack down.
Amen... Hockey died when they took out the tag-up offside and put in the instigator rule.

Closed Thread