HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Friend-Z Part III - Moore please?

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theon View Post
Like this guy?

I would love that guy. I would welcome him and his YMCMB haircut and his trips to Vegas with open arms.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Old
07-05-2013, 05:24 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Few things:

I thought Edmonton had a couple nice pickups in Ference and Gordon to help fill out that roster more. Adds to their defensive game.

Horton got paid too much by CBJ. Too many concussions in the past. Too long of a term on that contract.

Clowe's contract is straight up stupid. And Clarkson's is straight up asinine.

I'm not quite sure how PIT can afford Scuderi at that cap hit. Blows my mind. I guess they aren't paying any other defenders besides him, Orpik, and Letang.

Predators did a helluva job retooling their bottom 6.

Missed the Dallas/Boston trade yesterday. That's just a crazy trade but a very even one in my opinion.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:24 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

The Ryan trade set the bar for the rest of the market. Young, top 6 wingers aren't going to come cheap. Del Zotto might end up staying, after all.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:25 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Max Lapierre's deal with STL is for two years and a total of $2.2M.
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...77557124235268

Old
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Best news of the day BY FAR

Punxrocknyc19*

Lapierre is gonna make 1.1 for each of the next 2 years. where Boyle is gonna make 1.9...

Old
07-05-2013, 05:26 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Give him 3M then. I just want to see him back on the Rangers for my own personal selfish reasons
We don't have 3 mil to spend either. We can't afford him.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Few things:

I thought Edmonton had a couple nice pickups in Ference and Gordon to help fill out that roster more. Adds to their defensive game.

Horton got paid too much by CBJ. Too many concussions in the past. Too long of a term on that contract.

Clowe's contract is straight up stupid. And Clarkson's is straight up asinine.

I'm not quite sure how PIT can afford Scuderi at that cap hit. Blows my mind. I guess they aren't paying any other defenders besides him, Orpik, and Letang.

Predators did a helluva job retooling their bottom 6.

Missed the Dallas/Boston trade yesterday. That's just a crazy trade but a very even one in my opinion.
Seriously, where is their ****ing cap?

Old
07-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Ola

I wonder if we have any feelers out for Brendan Morrow?

Old
07-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Lapierre is gonna make 1.1 for each of the next 2 years. where Boyle is gonna make 1.9...
ugh AV must of not wanted him because that's a cheap cap hit

Old
07-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Boyle is also better at the game of hockey.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Thumpz

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
The Ryan trade set the bar for the rest of the market. Young, top 6 wingers aren't going to come cheap. Del Zotto might end up staying, after all.
I think it's safe to say that Ryan can be considered a solid first line winger. If we're trading Del Zotto, it's got to be assumed that we're not getting someone of that caliber, more like a solid 2nd line winger who can slot up with good chemistry with linemates. DZ can get you a 20 goal scoring winger, which would do wonders as far as depth throughout the lineup is considered. But I highly doubt we see anything done until at least Stepan and McDonagh are signed, so that they know exactly what they can take back salary wise in a deal.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:29 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I wouldn't say the price is high at all. They gave up a top prospect, a secondary prospect, and a draft pick. That sounds about the equivalent to MDZ for a top 6 winger. Silfverberg has to work on his game more, he has hardly taken the NHL by storm. I think he will be a solid NHLer but this wasn't a shocking trade.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Ola

I am suprised teams weren't more careful on Clowe...

But it shows you how some GMs weights the concussion risk on NON- +35 contracts. If Clowe keeps getting concussed -- it will just not hurt you. The risk is him loosing his game, but still being able to play. Someone with real concussion problems miss a year and plays a month or two and then is like out if it doesn't get better.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Blueblood9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Looking at cap geek there gonna be in cap hell as soon as next year

Old
07-05-2013, 05:32 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood9 View Post
Looking at cap geek there gonna be in cap hell as soon as next year
That's when they deal someone to recoup assets.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:33 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Boyle is also better at the game of hockey.
This. I didn't want Laperierre at all. No reason for his antics in NY.

I know 70% of this board hates Boyle, but he can play the game of hockey. He only makes $1.9 million. He can be a solid 3rd/4th line center depending what type of scoring streak he may be on during the season. I laugh at people on this board who moans and groans about his cap hit. What would've been more fair? The $1.3-$1.6 range? Seriously? Complaining over pennies to be honest. He sticks up for his teammates and his liked in that lockerroom. Give it a rest already.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
One of Paul Martin or Marc Andre Fleury will have to go, they have 676,667 in cap space at the moment. They must have a trade in the works, figured they would have used a compliance buyout on Paul Martin as he is vastly overpaid.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:36 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

But it shows you how some GMs weights the concussion risk on NON- +35 contracts. If Clowe keeps getting concussed -- it will just not hurt you. The risk is him loosing his game, but still being able to play. Someone with real concussion problems miss a year and plays a month or two and then is like out if it doesn't get better.
i wanted Clowe to work out here, but outside of his first game against Pitt, and maybe 1 or 2 after that, he didn't show too much. anyone who says any different wasn't really paying attention.

the guy was really slow and a total non factor. adding his concussion situation and i'm overjoyed he's on the NJD.

Old
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpz View Post
I think it's safe to say that Ryan can be considered a solid first line winger. If we're trading Del Zotto, it's got to be assumed that we're not getting someone of that caliber, more like a solid 2nd line winger who can slot up with good chemistry with linemates. DZ can get you a 20 goal scoring winger, which would do wonders as far as depth throughout the lineup is considered. But I highly doubt we see anything done until at least Stepan and McDonagh are signed, so that they know exactly what they can take back salary wise in a deal.
Agree. See how much cap space is there when McDonagh, Stepan, Hagelin, and to a lesser extent Zuccarello are extended. Del Zotto will be able to get a guy like Perron, as Trjxw proposed a while back.

Quote:
I wouldn't say the price is high at all. They gave up a top prospect, a secondary prospect, and a draft pick. That sounds about the equivalent to MDZ for a top 6 winger. Silfverberg has to work on his game more, he has hardly taken the NHL by storm. I think he will be a solid NHLer but this wasn't a shocking trade.
Eh, I'm pretty high on Silfverberg as a prospect. I thought he would slide right into Alfie's spot when he retired in Ottawa. Definite future top 6 RW. Noesen is no slouch. Safe top 9 bet.

Pretty shocking that Alfie's left Ottawa, by the way.

Old
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

Couldn't have happened to a nicer division rival!

Old
07-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 45s
"@Ledger_NJDevils: Ryder signed a 2-year contract"/As per @DarrenDreger, AAV of $3.5M.
One more down. Devils lineup still unimpressive.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Agree. See how much cap space is there when McDonagh, Stepan, Hagelin, and to a lesser extent Zuccarello are extended. Del Zotto will be able to get a guy like Perron, as Trjxw proposed a while back.

Eh, I'm pretty high on Silfverberg as a prospect. I thought he would slide right into Alfie's spot when he retired in Ottawa. Definite future top 6 RW. Noesen is no slouch. Safe top 9 bet.

Pretty shocking that Alfie's left Ottawa, by the way.
Mind blowing actually that Alfie left OTT. What wasn't shocking was Detroit signing him. Play opposite Zetteberg.

I like Silfverberg a lot. It was an even trade imo.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:40 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
One of Paul Martin or Marc Andre Fleury will have to go, they have 676,667 in cap space at the moment. They must have a trade in the works, figured they would have used a compliance buyout on Paul Martin as he is vastly overpaid.
This is a shoe that's been waiting to drop for the longest.
He's NHL calibre, exceptional talent in reflexes, but not the skill to date to master that talent and control them.

Now that they've ditched Horcroff's cap $, Oil is a possible landing spot, relatively cheap cap dump.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
This. I didn't want Laperierre at all. No reason for his antics in NY.

I know 70% of this board hates Boyle, but he can play the game of hockey. He only makes $1.9 million. He can be a solid 3rd/4th line center depending what type of scoring streak he may be on during the season. I laugh at people on this board who moans and groans about his cap hit. What would've been more fair? The $1.3-$1.6 range? Seriously? Complaining over pennies to be honest. He sticks up for his teammates and his liked in that lockerroom. Give it a rest already.
Boyle gets far too much crap here, he normally starts in the defensive zone and has been playing with scrub wingers way too often for him to put up any points, one of the only times our PP was successful this year was with him on it standing in front of the net... plus this guy comes to play in the playoffs. If they could play with him players who can create offense he can put up some points, he isn't going to create too many goals but he can score some garbage goals, win faceoffs, be physical, and will stick up for teammates (just wish he would take some boxing lessons this summer, he can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag).

I thought Lapierre would be here for sure, guess they preferred Moore, I am fine with that. I really feel we will make one more move for a top 6-9 winger, plus Sather always gets a goon each year (Asham, Haley, Boogard RIP, Brashear, etc).

Closed Thread