HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 4

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2013, 06:01 PM
  #151
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,526
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
Long term we got better but I'm worried about the upcoming season. Everyone in our division got better with the exception of Buffalo. As usual we're behind the curve. We really need help in the backend and that has yet to be addressed.
Adding players does not necessarily mean you "got better". Everybody seems to forget this when the calendar rolls over to July.

The Sabres were the most improved team at this point a couple of years ago by adding Ehrhoff, Regehr, and Leino. Ask them how "getting better" worked out.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:02 PM
  #152
thom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,267
vCash: 500
If one were to look at seguin and Kane and judge their private lives then three quarters of NHL Hall of fame members would be kicked out

thom is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:02 PM
  #153
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Eller for Kane. I'd do it.

Pacioretty - DD - Kane
Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Briere - Prust
Our center next season:

Pax - Eller - McCarron
Colberg - Galchenyuk - Gally
BBQ - Plekanec - Gio
Prust - Briere - Moen

la25ecoupe is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:03 PM
  #154
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
And where did you heard this?
Don't you know, next years draft is always the deepest draft ever.

andy28 is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:04 PM
  #155
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Prust-White-Parros is an awesome 4th line

Bieber fever is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:04 PM
  #156
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,766
vCash: 500
Every year I get so excited on free agent day, hoping that the habs will finally make a splash....

then by dinner time I am pissed that they did very minor things if anything at all.....


then after dinner my mood changes and I realize that I am happy that they did not overpay for any UFAs and that building through the draft is the best game plan after all.....

IceDaddy is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:04 PM
  #157
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: location, location
Posts: 7,468
vCash: 500
Pouliot signs with NYR. Wonder if he'll bring a steak to their potluck

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:04 PM
  #158
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
If one were to look at seguin and Kane and judge their private lives then three quarters of NHL Hall of fame members would be kicked out
Just being traded can send a message to them to mature a bit.

andy28 is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:05 PM
  #159
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Prust-White-Parros is an awesome 4th line
Parros will be in the stands a lot

Moen in

danyhabsfan is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:06 PM
  #160
overlords
Be quiet and drive
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Far Away
Posts: 26,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Prust-White-Parros is an awesome 4th line
Yeah, there's absolutely 0 chance they play parros as much as the other two.

overlords is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:06 PM
  #161
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.
 
Dont Poke Subban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: North Korea
Posts: 8,012
vCash: 500
Here's my take.

Boston: They have only really added Eriksson to replace Seguin. They still have to find replacements for Jagr, Horton and Peverley. Hell, they had 4 of them last year and we could still beat them. Not worried.

Toronto: Slightly better
Bolland>Grabovski
Clarkson>McArthur
Not sure who they have to replace Komarov. The guy was a beast.

Ottawa: Same team.
Ryan=Alfredsson. I think they'll just have the same impact. Not sure.
Silfverberg>McArthur
Not sure if Lazar makes the team.

Detroit:
Alfredsson>Brunner
Weiss=Filppula
I dont think Mantha will make the team.

I still think it'll be another tight one, but I got Detroit winning the division.

Dont Poke Subban is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:07 PM
  #162
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,285
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Nice analysis, Grant.

As usual, this board is full of people who think the Stanley Cup is awarded based on how active you are on July 1st. Don't know why I expect different year after year.
No, I just think that every off season you should look to improve some aspect of your team.

That's either
Addition through subtraction
Shoring up our Face-Offs
Shoring up our Penalty Kill
Adding some hitting to our blueline
Tough guy
Physical top 9 player with size.

So far we've done one of those things. I also don't see any one left on the market that can fix our face-offs, penalty kill or defense. Maybe Schultz (did he sign) maybe Malhotra if he's healthy, but I don't think he is anymore.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:09 PM
  #163
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,902
vCash: 725
If the basis of our analysis is on last season....please add for Ottawa a healthy Karlsson and Spezza....

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:09 PM
  #164
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Pouliot signs with NYR. Wonder if he'll bring a steak to their potluck
You're gonna see me wearing a Habs Pouliot jersey during broadcasts

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:10 PM
  #165
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,526
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No, I just think that every off season you should look to improve some aspect of your team.

That's either
Addition through subtraction
Shoring up our Face-Offs
Shoring up our Penalty Kill
Adding some hitting to our blueline
Tough guy
Physical top 9 player with size.

So far we've done one of those things. I also don't see any one left on the market that can fix our face-offs, penalty kill or defense. Maybe Schultz (did he sign) maybe Malhotra if he's healthy, but I don't think he is anymore.
And as of today, we're 7 hours into day 1 of, what, 90 days of off-season with which to try to improve the team? Let's pump the brakes.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:10 PM
  #166
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Here's my take.

Boston: They have only really added Eriksson to replace Seguin. They still have to find replacements for Jagr, Horton and Peverley. Hell, they had 4 of them last year and we could still beat them. Not worried.

Toronto: Slightly better
Bolland>Grabovski
Clarkson>McArthur
Not sure who they have to replace Komarov. The guy was a beast.

Ottawa: Same team.
Ryan=Alfredsson. I think they'll just have the same impact. Not sure.
Silfverberg>McArthur
Not sure if Lazar makes the team.

Detroit:
Alfredsson>Brunner
Weiss=Filppula
I dont think Mantha will make the team.

I still think it'll be another tight one, but I got Detroit winning the division.
I'll take weiss over filppula anyday, in a heartbeat

Hackett is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:12 PM
  #167
overlords
Be quiet and drive
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Far Away
Posts: 26,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You're gonna see me wearing a Habs Pouliot jersey during broadcasts
You staying in NYR longterm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
And as of today, we're 7 hours into day 1 of, what, 90 days of off-season with which to try to improve the team? Let's pump the brakes.
Man, when you put it that way, it's really depressing. I miss hockey.

overlords is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:14 PM
  #168
Saintpatrick*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Adding players does not necessarily mean you "got better". Everybody seems to forget this when the calendar rolls over to July.

The Sabres were the most improved team at this point a couple of years ago by adding Ehrhoff, Regehr, and Leino. Ask them how "getting better" worked out.
You're right. Some of these guys do well with new teams and some don't. I just look at our defense and I'm not confident in it at all. Unless Tinordi and/or Beaulieu are ready for the NHL it's going to be a long season.

Saintpatrick* is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:15 PM
  #169
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,902
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You staying in NYR longterm?



Man, when you put it that way, it's really depressing. I miss hockey.
70 days till first preseason game. Which then means less than that till camps open. See.....it will be really fast....

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:15 PM
  #170
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,094
vCash: 500
Most importantly no moves yet for Hamilton :O

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:16 PM
  #171
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,902
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Most importantly no moves yet for Hamilton :O
This is ALSO something to look for. Sign Tokarski like right now. And that team needs to add some vets up front and on D. And if means giving some players to Wheeling, so be it.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:16 PM
  #172
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No, I just think that every off season you should look to improve some aspect of your team.

That's either
Addition through subtraction
Shoring up our Face-Offs
Shoring up our Penalty Kill
Adding some hitting to our blueline
Tough guy
Physical top 9 player with size.

So far we've done one of those things. I also don't see any one left on the market that can fix our face-offs, penalty kill or defense. Maybe Schultz (did he sign) maybe Malhotra if he's healthy, but I don't think he is anymore.
Jerred Smithson is still available, good on faceoffs and solid on the PK... also would come a lot cheaper than Gordon.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:16 PM
  #173
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 13s
RT @WiebeSunSports: Scratch another RW off the free agent board as Michael Ryder joins #NJDevils as per @Ledger_NJDevils
Good news for Hab fans!

1993 is online now  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:16 PM
  #174
Grant McCagg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If the basis of our analysis is on last season....please add for Ottawa a healthy Karlsson and Spezza....
So do we in turn add a healthy Eller, Emelin (eventually) and Gionta? At least Karlsson played the entire Habs' series

Who's to say Karlsson will be much better than he was in the playoffs? Chipchura was never the same after his achilles injury. Back surgeries come with no guarantees either.

Grant McCagg is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:17 PM
  #175
Saintpatrick*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,104
vCash: 500
Can someone please tell me why the broons traded Seguin?

Saintpatrick* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.