HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA/Trade Talk

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I wouldn't be surprised if we took a look at grabo, but unless we follow it up with some trades we have too many forwards.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:12 PM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
I honestly think we'll nab Grabovski. I think he's been on our list for a while.
If that's true, you shouldn't expect a decision until tomorrow or even sunday. He just got married.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:16 PM
ilikeblocks

Quote:
I honestly think we'll nab Grabovski. I think he's been on our list for a while.
I agree. There's still money.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:18 PM
glenngineer
HF Partner

I don't understand something. We got tougher and grittier and paid a huge price for it. To me, we needed some of that but not for the price we paid. We had a shot to grab Grabovski off waivers and passed. He's still out there and no one has signed him. If we had claimed him off waivers for the salary he's owed I would rather have done that with the Stalberg signing and rolled the dice. I think that would've improved the team a lot more and for a better price tag. That would've cost us $8.5 million a year for two guys that would make our top 6 better, hopefully. Instead we've improved our bottom 6 which needed improvement but for way too much money. I'm just perplexed by it all and Trig threw out some lines in another thread and I really like what I saw as far as our fourth line alignment but once again, $3 million total for a 4th line, not what we're paying, $6-8 million depending on who's there.

And everything I've heard and read about Grabovski would fit into the Preds team that Poile and Trotz like, hard working gritty players, and he can put the puck in the net. So why did we not go after him? And I hear we're done with signings? Really?

I'm glad we went out and made a splash but a lot of these types of guys, other than Stalberg would've been around and probably cheaper down the line but we overpaid for 3 of the 4 guys we signed today and in doing so, we may end up taking time away from some other guys that are our future in the process. Not 100% sure of that but these moves just have me scratching my head and without hair it's getting pretty sore.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:21 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Setoguchi to WPG for a draft pick

Old
07-05-2013, 07:21 PM
triggrman

vCash: 557
I think Cullen might be a little underrated too. His numbers aren't far off from Ryder and he's a 2-way center instead of a winger.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:23 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Setoguchi to WPG for a draft pick
2014 2nd rounder

Old
07-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Drake744
Reunited

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I think Cullen might be a little underrated too. His numbers aren't far off from Ryder and he's a 2-way center instead of a winger.
I think Cullen is fine. Its just the price that people are up in arms about. Although its the same salary he made last year.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:31 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
I was thinking this until we filled every roster spot and then some and then Poule said he's done

Old
07-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
We don't freaking need another center. Ryder is a goal scorer. That's what we needed

Old
07-05-2013, 07:36 PM
tserberis*

Iggy to Boston done deal

Old
07-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Iggy to Boston done deal
Love it. Go Bruins Go

Old
07-05-2013, 08:22 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

One thing I'm excited about is we now have Weber, Fisher, Gaustad, Hendricks and Clune who will level people, and they will stick up for their mates. If Webs can teach Jones some of the nastiness we will have him, too.

Hornqvist is probably loving this.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:23 PM
glenngineer
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
One thing I'm excited about is we now have Weber, Fisher, Gaustad, Hendricks and Clune who will level people, and they will stick up for their mates. If Webs can teach Jones some of the nastiness we will have him, too.

And Nystrom.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:25 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Ah yes, I forgot about Nystrom. So yeah, here's to hoping we get to see them all level Cooke for the next few years.

Buckle in. We're about to be considered among the dirtiest teams in the league, rightfully or not.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:27 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Old
07-05-2013, 08:29 PM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Quote:

That's a good point. From the last few years I got the vibe that this team was certainly tough to play against, but not necessarily tough in the more physical, intimidating way. A still don't like a few of these signings but if it induces a "pack mentality", then it could provide an edge.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:30 PM
ilikeblocks

Quote:
Ah yes, I forgot about Nystrom. So yeah, here's to hoping we get to see them all level Cooke for the next few years.

Buckle in. We're about to be considered among the dirtiest teams in the league, rightfully or not.
I'm cool with that. It's gonna be hard as hell to play against the Preds between D, Rinne, and tenacity.

Cullen signing probably means Fisher is out the door after this year, right? Maybe Ottawa would want him back now via trade after their PR disaster of a day.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Nashansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
I'm cool with that. It's gonna be hard as hell to play against the Preds between D, Rinne, and tenacity.

Cullen signing probably means Fisher is out the door after this year, right? Maybe Ottawa would want him back now via trade after their PR disaster of a day.
I think fisher stays, I think leggy goes

Old
07-05-2013, 08:36 PM
1stLineCottonCandy

I really dont see why everyone is up in arms we added some very tough guys which will bring back the old school way of Predators hockey. Were goings to bully the other teams except this time were going to score. Sure we may have payed them too much but we did more this free agency than we have in a while. Plus if Poile did not know what he was doing then why did he just get named the USA manager, its not like they picked him at random.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:38 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
I really dont see why everyone is up in arms we added some very tough guys which will bring back the old school way of Predators hockey. Were goings to bully the other teams except this time were going to score. Sure we may have payed them too much but we did more this free agency than we have in a while. Plus if Poile did not know what he was doing then why did he just get named the USA manager, its not like they picked him at random.
Glad to see a fellow poster using their head today.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:45 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Anyone interested in getting Franson back if the price isn't too high? Leafs will be looking for a center with potential or a shutdown D. I say ship Smith and a pick off if they'll take it, bring Franson in to play with Ellis or Klein if Jones isn't ready for big minutes, and see how the PP looks with Weber, Josi, Jones, Ellis and Franson rotating out on the blueline.

It would be much more enticing if Franson were a LH shot.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:49 PM
ilikeblocks

Quote:
I like you.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:52 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Anyone interested in getting Franson back if the price isn't too high? Leafs will be looking for a center with potential or a shutdown D. I say ship Smith and a pick off if they'll take it, bring Franson in to play with Ellis or Klein if Jones isn't ready for big minutes, and see how the PP looks with Weber, Josi, Jones, Ellis and Franson rotating out on the blueline.

It would be much more enticing if Franson were a LH shot.
Trade a forward that actually has skill and can score in shootouts for another Dman?
I know everyone is down on him for a bad shortened season with no training camp but let's not get silly.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Drake744
Reunited

vCash: 344
Quote:
Its the seemingly outrageous price tags we signed them to. Good fits, just potential overpayment.

Closed Thread