HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Power Rankings, what gives

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2004, 09:38 AM
IronMosher

vCash: 430
Send a message via Yahoo to IronMosher
TSN Power Rankings, what gives

Hi All,
I'm back from the dead. Can someone explain to me how the Rangers can possibly be ahead of the Sharks on TSN's Power Rankings. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=548

They have more losses, less points and are currently out of the playoffs. The Sharks get no respect.

Old
01-08-2004, 10:27 AM
looooob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMosher
Hi All,
I'm back from the dead. Can someone explain to me how the Rangers can possibly be ahead of the Sharks on TSN's Power Rankings. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=548

They have more losses, less points and are currently out of the playoffs. The Sharks get no respect.
how do you think we feel in Calgary? they've got the Rangers and the Oilers (amongst others) ahead of us and look at the standings! (and we just beat the NYR 5-0 in Manhattan the day these rankings came out)

basically take these things with a pound of salt

Old
01-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
The other thing to remember is that these rankings are not supposed to be like the standings. After all, if one wanted to see who was on top of the NHL, he'd look at the standings, not somebody's power rankings.

~Crazed.

Old
01-08-2004, 11:59 AM
nuksforlife

Send a message via MSN to nuksforlife
I agree with you poster, sharks should for sure be ahead of the rangers, you guys looked solid againts us canucks!!

Old
01-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Ender

Send a message via AIM to Ender Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
The Sharks will get little respect until they win a Stanley Cup. IMO the people who make these rankings still don't like the idea of a pacific coast team.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Cyclops II*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cheech4
The Sharks will get little respect until they win a Stanley Cup. IMO the people who make these rankings still don't like the idea of a pacific coast team.
This is probably a good thing. If everyone takes the Sharks lightly they have a much better chance to win the Cup. And when they win people will still be wondering who these guys are.

Old
01-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Grizzly Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops II
This is probably a good thing. If everyone takes the Sharks lightly they have a much better chance to win the Cup. And when they win people will still be wondering who these guys are.
I don't other teams take SJ lightly, but I think writers do.

Anyways I'm kinda shocked about Calgary, ususally Canadian teams are bumped up a few slots higher than they should be.

Old
01-09-2004, 03:46 AM
Cyclops II*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelobster
I don't other teams take SJ lightly, but I think writers do.

Anyways I'm kinda shocked about Calgary, ususally Canadian teams are bumped up a few slots higher than they should be.
The teams in the Western Conference won't but it is possible the Sharks could face an Eastern Conference team in the playoffs that hasn't seen a lot of the Sharks and is down a game or two before they realize they are in tough.

Old
01-09-2004, 07:54 AM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
He said something about SJ playing an Eastern Conference team in the playoffs.

~Crazed.

Old
01-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Cyclops II*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycrazed07
He said something about SJ playing an Eastern Conference team in the playoffs.

~Crazed.

OK. They would have to get to the Stanley Cup Final to play an Eastern team which is a long shot but there is a chance.

Closed Thread