HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evander Kane

Old
07-05-2013, 09:57 PM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Nobody said fourth line scrub, mediocre prospect or junk +junk anyways.

I said names like Ryan Ellis, Zach budish (who projects to be a big power forward), ekholm (who looks very promising), Taylor beck, bourque, 'first' round pick.
To me, none of that is junk or fourth line scrub, etc.

I think a deal could be made made around above mentioned players. Hell, we could even deal fish since we have Cullen now.
You told Poile to "grow a pair" and make that trade.

So, why not go over to the 'Peg board and see if they'd accept it. Or just stay here and keep bashing our team, our GM, our free agents, etc.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:15 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
You told Poile to "grow a pair" and make that trade.

So, why not go over to the 'Peg board and see if they'd accept it. Or just stay here and keep bashing our team, our GM, our free agents, etc.
I said we had tons of guys we could trade to make a deal, I gave some good names as examples. Obviously if poile really wanted to acquire a star forward he could, but it would cost us assets that he just may not be willing to deal. So yeah, in saying just get something done. Maybe you have to trade a guy you don't really want to, but it would be worth it hopefully in the end to get the guy you've needed for like ten seasons. That what hockey is, sometimes you have to take risks, and it's time.

Signing the guys were did today (outside of maybe stalberg), was a waste of money. None of those guys are worth what they got, let alone are they all that needed on this roster.

Rather than waste like 7.5 million on Cullen, Hendricks and nystrom. Why not throw 6 million at like Horton or ribeiro?? That's more than either of then got, and then we could have qualified halischuk which would of made more sense as be would be cheaper anyways.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:24 PM
SkarEffect

I haven't seen much of Evander Kane since he was with the Thrashers (my old team). If he is a much improved player now, I wouldn't see why not, if the price is right of course.

SkarEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
I said we had tons of guys we could trade to make a deal, I gave some good names as examples. Obviously if poile really wanted to acquire a star forward he could, but it would cost us assets that he just may not be willing to deal. So yeah, in saying just get something done. Maybe you have to trade a guy you don't really want to, but it would be worth it hopefully in the end to get the guy you've needed for like ten seasons. That what hockey is, sometimes you have to take risks, and it's time.

Signing the guys were did today (outside of maybe stalberg), was a waste of money. None of those guys are worth what they got, let alone are they all that needed on this roster.

Rather than waste like 7.5 million on Cullen, Hendricks and nystrom. Why not throw 6 million at like Horton or ribeiro?? That's more than either of then got, and then we could have qualified halischuk which would of made more sense as be would be cheaper anyways.
How about you let them actually play some real games first? Look, I am skeptical myself, but I want to see how they play as a team. Maybe we see Wilson and Forsberg break out into some quality scorers. Maybe we see a Gabby/Cullen/Stalberg line blaze down the ice and create some havoc and goals.
Take a step back off the ledge. Take a breath.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:34 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I see your points and don't disagree with you. I wasn't being serious about forcing people to go to other boards to have thier trade proposals vetted.

Poile bashing just gets old, especially when it's based on something as rediculous as some of these trade proposals. Maybe we'd be less inclined to junk up the board with unrealistic negativity if we actually tried to see if we could build a deal for Evander Kane. Or Vanek. Or whomever we want to acquire.
Well I'm not one to senselessly bash Poile just because I disagree with something he did. The guy has more hockey knowledge in his little finger than I will likely ever have.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:47 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Well I'm not one to senselessly bash Poile just because I disagree with something he did. The guy has more hockey knowledge in his little finger than I will likely ever have.
Exactly- it is beyond hilarious and ridiculous to listen to all these hockey message board "experts" and their "FIRE POILE" agenda-

Seriously people, he is one of the most respected GM's in the game, and is the freaking GM of the USA hockey team. Yet many of our so called "fans" know more about what's better for the Preds and want him fired----

All rightey then.........

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:28 AM
maplepred

We are just saying that as fans we think this team needs an offensive powerhouse to cap everything off and make a serious playoff run, let alone make the playoffs, I'm sure 'any' pred fan can say we need that extra punch, and have for years and years now. Poile just simply cannot make it happen.
He is a great gm, but is having a hell of a time trying to get offense into Nashville, he is failing at that IMO.

If you don't see that as a pred fan, you need to look harder, because every team that wins cups has at least a couple snipers, we have none.

Old
07-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Preds101

Quote:
We are just saying that as fans we think this team needs an offensive powerhouse to cap everything off and make a serious playoff run, let alone make the playoffs, I'm sure 'any' pred fan can say we need that extra punch, and have for years and years now. Poile just simply cannot make it happen.
He is a great gm, but is having a hell of a time trying to get offense into Nashville, he is failing at that IMO.

If you don't see that as a pred fan, you need to look harder, because every team that wins cups has at least a couple snipers, we have none.
Forsberg's analysis:

Quote:
The qualities Forsberg has that stood out in the scouting report from CSNWashington are his awareness, his mental toughness, his sniping ability and his athleticism.

Heavy shooting power winger is the complete package. Ultra-competitive and will take a constant pounding from opponents who clearly target him, yet just keeps on coming. Has an absolutely hellacious shot, particularly on 1-timers. Shows a true sniper’s mentality and sometimes looks a bit selfish taking shots from odd angles, but is actually quite creative and can saucer passes on the tape through traffic. Doesn’t need much space to get dangerous shots away and can create room for himself.
Stalberg:

Quote:
Viktor is a very intense player and has size to match. At 6'3" and 191 pounds, Viktor could fill out a little more, which is a scary thought.

Stalberg is a natural sniper and has a good scoring touch. His passing and defensive play has been criticized by some scouts, but his skating helps mask that. He has great acceleration and can reach top speed in just a few strides.
Aberg:

Quote:
A dynamic sniper, Åberg's best quality is no doubt his rocket slap shot. Fast and accurate, Åberg's shot has allowed him to become one of the most dominant young forwards in the Swedish Elitserien.
Leipsic:

Quote:
May 2013 - Predators' prospect Brendan Leipsic is the co-recipient of the CHL Top Scorer award with linemate Nic Petan (2013 NHL Draft eligible). The teammates each recorded 120 points to lead all three CHL leagues and Leipsic's 49 goals fell one shy of crossing the 50-goal plateau. Leipsic possesses one of the best shots in the CHL and projects as a true sniper at the next level. Brendan Ross

Preds101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:33 AM
maplepred

None of those guys will be snipers in the NHL this season, which is kinda what I was saying. Weber and rinne aren't going to keep waiting for guys to 'develop'.
They want to win now.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:37 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
None of those guys will be snipers in the NHL this season, which is kinda what I was saying. Weber and rinne aren't going to keep waiting for guys to 'develop'.
They want to win now.
or they will do what?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:48 AM
PFL615

Quote:
They want to win now.
Two of them will be. I am sorry Stamkos is your only definition of a Sniper. He is as Elite as they get.
The two we have will sure be a whole hell of a lot better than what we have had.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:28 AM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Two of them will be. I am sorry Stamkos is your only definition of a Sniper. He is as Elite as they get.
The two we have will sure be a whole hell of a lot better than what we have had.
Which two will be 'snipers' in the NHL this season? Forsberg? Aberg? I can't really see any of them getting better than third like mins, aberg probably zero NHL time. Which two are you referring to??

Also,
Stamkos is a superstar, he is beyond sniper. I was more or less hoping for a Horton or a ribeiro. That's what we need, nobody said be need a stamkos, which would be nice but not feasible.

Examples:
Kings acquired mike Richards in offseason, they won a cup that season.
Hawks added hossa and won a cup that season.

Sometimes you just need that extra something, and for us it's a sniper, and it's been a need that hasn't been addressed for years.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:40 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Which two will be 'snipers' in the NHL this season? Forsberg? Aberg? I can't really see any of them getting better than third like mins, aberg probably zero NHL time. Which two are you referring to??

Also,
Stamkos is a superstar, he is beyond sniper. I was more or less hoping for a Horton or a ribeiro. That's what we need, nobody said be need a stamkos, which would be nice but not feasible.

Examples:
Kings acquired mike Richards in offseason, they won a cup that season.
Hawks added hossa and won a cup that season.

Sometimes you just need that extra something, and for us it's a sniper, and it's been a need that hasn't been addressed for years.
Forsberg and Stalberg.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:48 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Forsberg and Stalberg.
Lol,
Yeah they are basically a hossa or mike Richards. We should be good.

Just praying we still bring in someone. This is not a playoff team.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:39 PM
XxPRODxX

Quote:
Lol,

I agree we do need to add more of an offensive kick to are team, but not a playoff team? I wouldn't say that. Are team highly resembles the 2010-2011 Preds. We may not have the threats up front but we have the Defense to keep us covered. No we don't an elite score on are team but we have grinders that will work their butts off in front of the net and work in the dirty areas. We are a playoff team but we are Cup contenders. Poile is smart and a good GM. He'll have a trade done in the next few weeks.

XxPRODxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:29 PM
alexmanu

We have guys with sniper potential for sure. Forsberg could be one as could Aberg as has been mentioned before. I don't really see any sniper in our top 6 right now. But Hornqvist has 30 goal potential if he stays healthy and crashes the net like we know he can. Also with a lot of shots from the point we know Horny will benefit with tip ins.

alexmanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:30 PM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

vCash: 50
Quote:
If Bobby Ryan was had for what he was moved for i wouldn't be putting Kane on am untouchable pedestal.
We'd want a touch more than what Ryan got. There is nobody younger in the league than Kane that has scored more than he has. You also have to consider his linemates. Antti Miettenen? Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Take everything into account.

Schneider for a first

Ryan for two upcoming prospects and a first.

I'm pretty sure Kane could be had for two NHLers
Depends on the quality of course. We'd want a bit more than what Ryan got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Von Grabo View Post
I'd say it would take Josi and a first. But the Jets have tons of talent on defense, so I don't think they'd do that either. Really not sure what the Preds could offer. Forsberg and a 1st?

If the Jets were starving for stud d-men I think they'd make good partners.

Josi is a good starting point, does he usually play your 1st or 2nd pairing? We're certainly looking for an NHL proven top 4 LHD. Prospects need not apply, we have Morrissey and others for that. It's our right side that is stacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Von Grabo View Post
If you want a 21 year old 30 goal scorer, you gotta give up something big. It's just the way it works.
Yup

Quote:
I seriously wonder what the jets would want in a return for him. I would be willing to make a big trade and give up some assets to get him.
Our roster needs in order:

- Top 4 LHD to play shutdown role with Bogosian
- 2nd line center, preferably pass first
- Good backup tender
- Decent LW to replace Kane

As for prospects we could use a high end RW prospect. To be honest I'm not really sure Kane is in the market, but rumors were Ottawa was pushing hard for him before they pulled the trigger on Ryan, so I'm thinking Chevy wanted more than what Ryan got, or just didn't want to lose him.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:47 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
or they will do what?
Well they can hold out for a trade etc I know Weber doesn't have a NTC not sure about Rinnie though so Weber could get moved to anyone and if Rinnies holds out and he can demand to go to certain teams.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 06:31 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Wow, that's a lot. If we gave up that much, I'd prefer an actual ppg player.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post
No way I'd do that. The only thing Evander Kane really excels at is hitting the crest of opposing team's jerseys.
But he usually misses about 30 times a year,I guess lucky for us.

Last edited by Zhamnov10: 07-12-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 09:12 AM
iKiwi

Quote:
Lol,

You have no idea how Forsberg or Stalberg will do this year, no one does.. Lets all wait a year before we jump to any conclusions

iKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKiwi View Post
You have no idea how Forsberg or Stalberg will do this year, no one does.. Lets all wait a year before we jump to any conclusions
He has gone full 'this team sucks Poile sucks' mode since Barkov didn't fall to the team.

Old
07-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:

The year before the lockout the Predators has the best power play, were 8th in goals/game and total goals. They did not have ONE PLAYER even get 60 points that year. And tell me how well has Tampa Bay done with their all-world sniper? I think they picked ahead of the Preds in the draft didn't they?

Old
07-12-2013, 12:35 PM
SkarEffect

Quote:
They want to win now.
Let's just hope Seth Jones develops quick.

SkarEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Jets fan here coming in peace.

Wpg needs offence and that is what this kid brings. He's a big kid and brings a lot to the time; in short, he isn't going anywhere. Chevy hasn't grown a reputation for making huge splashing in the market so I don't think he will start with proven goal scorer in Kane.

Duir is offline   Reply With Quote