HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Friend-Z Part III - Moore please?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2013, 11:16 PM
  #301
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
OMG WHEN R WE GOING TO MAKE A BRYZGALOV HUMUNGOUS SIZE TRADE

But seriously, we have some needs to address and we don't have the cap room to do it in free agency.

We need another scoring winger. LW, RW, it doesn't matter to me. We missed out on Setoguchi for a 2nd, a deal I would do in a second. These guys interest me the most:

Teddy Purcell
2012-13 Stats: 48GP 11G 25A 36P -1
Good size, too.
Del Zotto and a pick.

Drew Stafford
46GP 6G 12A 18P -16 ()
Cheap. Mid pick + salary dump should do it.
4th and Pyatt.

Blake Wheeler
48GP 19G 22A 41P -3
Del Zotto + Skjei. Winnipeg adds Postma.

David Booth
12GP 1G 2A 3P -3
If Vancouver retains some salary, Booth would be a good fit for our 3rd line who can fill in on the 2nd.
Hrivik + 4th. Vancouver keeps 1/2 of salary.

Joffrey Lupul
16GP 11G 7A 18P +8
Staal + Pyatt for Lupul + 2nd + 3rd

Assuming we get our key RFAs signed and do the Lupul deal which I like the best, our roster will look something like:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derek Stepan ($3.250m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Mats Zuccarello ($1.400m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.150m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Benoit Pouliot ($1.300m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Dominic Moore ($1.000m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.250m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m)
Aaron Johnson ($0.600m) / Justin Falk ($0.900m)
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
OTHER
Buried: Arron Asham ($0.075m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,785,000; BONUSES: $1,650,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,165,000

We're actually a tad bit over but it's bonus money so it's okay. We finally get some scoring, not as much pressure on Callahan to be the 2nd best offensive guy, when really he's a 3rd liner who's super effective on both special teams.

Kris Chreider is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:18 PM
  #302
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
He's 26 and on his third team. There's a reason for that. Guy is maddeningly inconsistent.

He had that one huge season playing with JT and since then has maxed out at 41 points.
His goal output is consistent year-to-year.

A lot of players move around. There's always a reason for it. And in today's NHL it is rare for a player not to move around. Irregardless of contract.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:25 PM
  #303
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I just get the feeling they wanted to leave at least 1 spot,open besides the injury possibilities.
One of Pyatt or Boyle should be on the move.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:35 PM
  #304
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
His goal output is consistent year-to-year.

A lot of players move around. There's always a reason for it. And in today's NHL it is rare for a player not to move around. Irregardless of contract.
He's thrown around like a bag of pucks. There's a difference between dumping a guy because he sucks vs. dumping a guy to build your team.

Seto was traded for a 2nd round pick today. That should say a lot. A good top 6 guy wouldn't be traded for that.

He's had consistency and effort issues his whole career. I don't want guys like that on our team. If you're not scoring, you damn well better be giving 110% elsewhere.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:35 PM
  #305
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Trading Lupul for Staal. Jesus ****ing christ.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:38 PM
  #306
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Trading Lupul for Staal. Jesus ****ing christ.
Wait what?

JohnC is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:40 PM
  #307
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Trading Lupul for Staal. Jesus ****ing christ.
Is this a rumor or a HF musing?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:40 PM
  #308
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
One of Pyatt or Boyle should be on the move.
Pyatt: 1.55
Boyle: 1.7
Both are UFA next summer.

Boyle just lost his position to Dominic Moore.

So here's the question, would you keep Boyle, knowing his true value to the club is in the middle and he won't be playing that role?

Who holds more value in a trade? Boyle is a solid 4th line center, and a fair 3rd line center on a team lacking depth.

Pyatt can play up and down the lineup..Strictly on the wing.

Vigneault knows Pyatt, he's coached Pyatt.

Boyle could probably fetch a 2nd round pick from a team lacking depth in the middle.

Rangers have Miller, Kristo, Hrivik, Fast, Lindberg, Mashinter who can fill in on the 4th line in a pinch.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:41 PM
  #309
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,554
vCash: 500
What do you think of Damien Brunner? He's a FA.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:43 PM
  #310
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
Pyatt: 1.55
Boyle: 1.7
Both are UFA next summer.

Boyle just lost his position to Dominic Moore.

So here's the question, would you keep Boyle, knowing his true value to the club is in the middle and he won't be playing that role?

Who holds more value in a trade? Boyle is a solid 4th line center, and a fair 3rd line center on a team lacking depth.

Pyatt can play up and down the lineup..Strictly on the wing.

Vigneault knows Pyatt, he's coached Pyatt.

Boyle could probably fetch a 2nd round pick from a team lacking depth in the middle.

Rangers have Miller, Kristo, Hrivik, Fast, Lindberg, Mashinter who can fill in on the 4th line in a pinch.
I think both should be feeling the heat, but like i said in the other thread, Boyle can be packaged for a better return.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:43 PM
  #311
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
He's thrown around like a bag of pucks. There's a difference between dumping a guy because he sucks vs. dumping a guy to build your team.

Seto was traded for a 2nd round pick today. That should say a lot. A good top 6 guy wouldn't be traded for that.

He's had consistency and effort issues his whole career. I don't want guys like that on our team. If you're not scoring, you damn well better be giving 110% elsewhere.
I agree with that last part.

He's still going to give Winnipeg scoring depth. And a 2nd round pick and 3 million cap hit for 20 goals is a steal.

That said, you know this conversation is moot from a Rangers standpoint, theres simply no cap room for that anyway.

Im very happy with Pouliot and Moore as depth guys.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:44 PM
  #312
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
What do you think of Damien Brunner? He's a FA.
No more UFAs. We have to get McDonagh, Stepan, Hagelin, and Zuccarello signed.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:45 PM
  #313
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I think both should be feeling the heat, but like i said in the other thread, Boyle can be packaged for a better return.
I agree.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:51 PM
  #314
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
I agree.
For what is the question, if they are going to sign their remaining need, RHD PP specialist, then they should keep Boyle. But at this point I don't see good options, Blum maybe, but would like to get somebody better.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 11:54 PM
  #315
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
For what is the question, if they are going to sign their remaining need, RHD PP specialist, then they should keep Boyle. But at this point I don't see good options, Blum maybe, but would like to get somebody better.
I like Blum. Low risk.

Just remember they'd need to move a defenseman out in order to have a spot to play another defenseman.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 12:01 AM
  #316
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
I like Blum. Low risk.

Just remember they'd need to move a defenseman out in order to have a spot to play another defenseman.
if Blum is signed, I don't see the need to move a Dman.
McD - Girardi
Staal - Moore
DZ - Stralman
Falk/Blum?

I wonder if they can sign Blum and sneak him to the AHL to work a little with Beuk then bring him up later.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 12:04 AM
  #317
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
if Blum is signed, I don't see the need to move a Dman.
McD - Girardi
Staal - Moore
DZ - Stralman
Falk/Blum?

I wonder if they can sign Blum and sneak him to the AHL to work a little with Beuk then bring him up later.
But to get him in the lineup, who do you take out? None of those six guys should come out of the lineup for Blum.

I'd take Blum as an 8th guy. If injuries occur he could get a shot.

But at this point i'd hope the focus is on signing our RFAs.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 12:08 AM
  #318
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
But to get him in the lineup, who do you take out? None of those six guys should come out of the lineup for Blum.

I'd take Blum as an 8th guy. If injuries occur he could get a shot.

But at this point i'd hope the focus is on signing our RFAs.
Agreed, he would be the 7/8th D, PP specialist.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 12:34 AM
  #319
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,086
vCash: 500
Love that Ryan Clowe deal.

darko is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 12:43 AM
  #320
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,634
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Love that Ryan Clowe deal.
Yeah, that is a real shame we did not match

BBKers is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 12:44 AM
  #321
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
lol Toronto sports radio stations comparing Clarkson to Wendel Clark.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 01:04 AM
  #322
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
This is what needs to happen. We need to sign Stepan, McD, Hagelin and Zucc. And that's it. Have a good camp, stay healthy, and hope some of our young guys step up. As well as Richards regaining some confidence. We got a new coaching staff. Lets see where we stand. If healthy, we have a very competitive lineup. The addition of guys like Moore and Pouliot gives us some depth, but it also creates competition. Keep Boyle and Pyatt and Del Zotto. No point in dealing them. If they struggle however and some kids step up, moves will get made. The trade deadline is like 2/3 through the season, lets go with what we got and reassess later on.

nyr5186 is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 01:27 AM
  #323
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,822
vCash: 50
Raymond is still out there. If we can fit him in...

__________________
Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 03:13 AM
  #324
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
lol Toronto sports radio stations comparing Clarkson to Wendel Clark.


LOL

CM PUNK is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:22 AM
  #325
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,463
vCash: 500
Seriously, Ryder only got 2 years/3.5 mil?? I would given that deal to a great goal scorer like him. Devils made up for the Clowe signing with this deal somewhat.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.