HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. Charles Chill, Feel The Chill

Old
07-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 500
St. Charles Chill, Feel The Chill

With the new St. Charles Chill team to come to the Family Arena, I thought I'd start a thread for all the Chill news. First and foremost would be the press conference today that I covered.

I have quotes from CHL Director of Hockey Operations, Jim Wiley, team president and VP, Brent Thiessen and Patrick Armstrong, GM and Head Coach Jamie Rivers, as well as from players Kyle Kraemer and Jordan Fox.

You can read the press conference wrap up right here.

I learned today that I will be credentialed this season for the Chill's inaugural season, so I will be covering them all season. So watch for updates here for the Chill this season. I'll be posting another article tomorrow where I talked to Head Coach/GM Jamie Rivers, defensemen Tony DeHart, and former Blues tough guy Reed Low about hockey returning to St. Charles and talk on the Blues affiliations down the road.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 10:11 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
With the new St. Charles Chill team to come to the Family Arena, I thought I'd start a thread for all the Chill news. First and foremost would be the press conference today that I covered.

I have quotes from CHL Director of Hockey Operations, Jim Wiley, team president and VP, Brent Thiessen and Patrick Armstrong, GM and Head Coach Jamie Rivers, as well as from players Kyle Kraemer and Jordan Fox.

You can read the press conference wrap up right here.

I learned today that I will be credentialed this season for the Chill's inaugural season, so I will be covering them all season. So watch for updates here for the Chill this season. I'll be posting another article tomorrow where I talked to Head Coach/GM Jamie Rivers, defensemen Tony DeHart, and former Blues tough guy Reed Low about hockey returning to St. Charles and talk on the Blues affiliations down the road.
Does DeHart have any chance of a pro career? I remember him from when he was in London and I liked the way he played.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Does DeHart have any chance of a pro career? I remember him from when he was in London and I liked the way he played.
I would say he still has potential to be a 5-6 defensemen. He's mainly an offensive guy but has a decent defensive game as well. Was drafted two years after eligibility and has been trying to cut out the right path in his career. The CHL is a developmental league so he hopes to be able to work his way up to the AHL and eventually the NHL, starting with playing with the Chill.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Rivers
This past year during the lockout, I was basically coaching the Blues as the coaching staff was not allowed to be there. We ran practices every morning just like you would during the season. When the lockout ended, Mr. Hitchcock and Mr. Armstrong reached out to me to come and run the first week of training camp. I jumped at the opportunity to do it and I had a blast doing it. I was able to work with those guys and be in the war room with Hitchcock and his staff. Iíll tell you, Iíd be a fool if I didnít sit there and seriously retain what they were talking about. I worked with them in season and in the playoffs I was called upon to work with guys, especially the extra players that havenít been playing to keep them fresh. I help coach Agnew run practices when they had them because everyone else was fairly busy breaking down the games being played. It was truly a great year for me to go in and get a lot of experience with the Blues and I owe them a lot for it. For that alone, I believe Iím ready for this.Ē
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony DeHart
I am a two-way guy. Any role Iím placed in, Iíll be good. I play powerplay, I have a good shot, good vision, and Iím a good passer. On the defensive side, I have a good stick and Iím good with the poke check. I like the physical side of the game and I can be a shut down guy as well.

Discussing The St. Charles Chill With Jamie Rivers And Tony DeHart

Old
07-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Preferred "Hockey with an Ottertude"

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Preferred "Hockey with an Ottertude"
I miss the River Otters as well, but at least hockey is back in St. Charles.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:09 AM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

Watching Barrett Jackman get in a fight with the otters was still one of the coolest moments for me at a hockey game.

Steve Doan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
Watching Barrett Jackman get in a fight with the otters was still one of the coolest moments for me at a hockey game.
Sadly I wasn't at that game but I remember reading a out it.

I am going to do everything in my power to bring you guys as much Chill news this season.

Old
07-06-2013, 01:19 AM
BluesOne31
We going insane

It's about time hockey is back at the Family Arena. River Otters were fun growing up. Hopefully attendance is decent enough for the Chill.

BluesOne31 is offline   Reply With Quote