HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. Charles Chill, Feel The Chill

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2013, 09:55 PM
  #1
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
St. Charles Chill, Feel The Chill

With the new St. Charles Chill team to come to the Family Arena, I thought I'd start a thread for all the Chill news. First and foremost would be the press conference today that I covered.

I have quotes from CHL Director of Hockey Operations, Jim Wiley, team president and VP, Brent Thiessen and Patrick Armstrong, GM and Head Coach Jamie Rivers, as well as from players Kyle Kraemer and Jordan Fox.

You can read the press conference wrap up right here.


I learned today that I will be credentialed this season for the Chill's inaugural season, so I will be covering them all season. So watch for updates here for the Chill this season. I'll be posting another article tomorrow where I talked to Head Coach/GM Jamie Rivers, defensemen Tony DeHart, and former Blues tough guy Reed Low about hockey returning to St. Charles and talk on the Blues affiliations down the road.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 10:11 PM
  #2
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,843
vCash: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
With the new St. Charles Chill team to come to the Family Arena, I thought I'd start a thread for all the Chill news. First and foremost would be the press conference today that I covered.

I have quotes from CHL Director of Hockey Operations, Jim Wiley, team president and VP, Brent Thiessen and Patrick Armstrong, GM and Head Coach Jamie Rivers, as well as from players Kyle Kraemer and Jordan Fox.

You can read the press conference wrap up right here.


I learned today that I will be credentialed this season for the Chill's inaugural season, so I will be covering them all season. So watch for updates here for the Chill this season. I'll be posting another article tomorrow where I talked to Head Coach/GM Jamie Rivers, defensemen Tony DeHart, and former Blues tough guy Reed Low about hockey returning to St. Charles and talk on the Blues affiliations down the road.
Does DeHart have any chance of a pro career? I remember him from when he was in London and I liked the way he played.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 10:14 PM
  #3
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Does DeHart have any chance of a pro career? I remember him from when he was in London and I liked the way he played.
I would say he still has potential to be a 5-6 defensemen. He's mainly an offensive guy but has a decent defensive game as well. Was drafted two years after eligibility and has been trying to cut out the right path in his career. The CHL is a developmental league so he hopes to be able to work his way up to the AHL and eventually the NHL, starting with playing with the Chill.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:16 PM
  #4
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Rivers
This past year during the lockout, I was basically coaching the Blues as the coaching staff was not allowed to be there. We ran practices every morning just like you would during the season. When the lockout ended, Mr. Hitchcock and Mr. Armstrong reached out to me to come and run the first week of training camp. I jumped at the opportunity to do it and I had a blast doing it. I was able to work with those guys and be in the war room with Hitchcock and his staff. Iíll tell you, Iíd be a fool if I didnít sit there and seriously retain what they were talking about. I worked with them in season and in the playoffs I was called upon to work with guys, especially the extra players that havenít been playing to keep them fresh. I help coach Agnew run practices when they had them because everyone else was fairly busy breaking down the games being played. It was truly a great year for me to go in and get a lot of experience with the Blues and I owe them a lot for it. For that alone, I believe Iím ready for this.Ē
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony DeHart
I am a two-way guy. Any role Iím placed in, Iíll be good. I play powerplay, I have a good shot, good vision, and Iím a good passer. On the defensive side, I have a good stick and Iím good with the poke check. I like the physical side of the game and I can be a shut down guy as well.

Discussing The St. Charles Chill With Jamie Rivers And Tony DeHart

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:53 PM
  #5
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,722
vCash: 500
Preferred "Hockey with an Ottertude"

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 11:25 PM
  #6
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Preferred "Hockey with an Ottertude"
I miss the River Otters as well, but at least hockey is back in St. Charles.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:09 AM
  #7
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar
 
Steve Doan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eureka
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 10,067
vCash: 500
Watching Barrett Jackman get in a fight with the otters was still one of the coolest moments for me at a hockey game.

Steve Doan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:16 AM
  #8
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
Watching Barrett Jackman get in a fight with the otters was still one of the coolest moments for me at a hockey game.
Sadly I wasn't at that game but I remember reading a out it.

I am going to do everything in my power to bring you guys as much Chill news this season.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:19 AM
  #9
BluesOne31
We going insane
 
BluesOne31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
It's about time hockey is back at the Family Arena. River Otters were fun growing up. Hopefully attendance is decent enough for the Chill.

BluesOne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.