HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix GM Mike Barnett is itching to make a deal

Old
10-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Pascal

vCash: 500
I'd take Boynton anyday. He's what we need.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 01:28 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Just so I get this right.. you believe Boullion, Dandenault, Rivet, Souray, Komisarek and Streit are all better than Jovo? How is Souray better offensively? Statistically, this just isn't anywhere near the truth.

Markov and Jovo's stats may be similar the last ccouple of seasons, but not in other aspects of the game.

If you don't like a player, fine. But to suggest our entire defence is better than him, is just silly.
I've always like Jovo and wonder at the negative comments I see about him. I must only see his good games.

Cap wise though, he is a problem now. If he was on waivers, he might not be snapped up that quickly.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 01:33 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Tne only guys on the list I'd like to see in a Habs jersey would be Boynton and Nagy.

I used to like Doan, but not that much anymore. I don't really know why. Maybe 'cuz I thought he'd be better than he is.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Bryzga lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
On second thought, I'd probably ask the price for Keith Yandle.

20 years old, was CHL Defenseman Of The Year.

Although the "Entire Roster" thing probably doesn't include him.
Yandle is definetly the first player that comes to mind. A prospect for prospect trade might work? We seem to be over-crowded with forwards.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I've always like Jovo and wonder at the negative comments I see about him. I must only see his good games.

Cap wise though, he is a problem now. If he was on waivers, he might not be snapped up that quickly.
Team Canada agree's with you as well. He's always one of the first defencemen picked for tournaments. He was terrific in the 2002 Olympics.
I don't see Phoenix letting him go anywhere, they can build the blueline around him for a few more years.

I think the negativity towards Jovo stems from his lack of being on a winner. When the Canucks lost Jovo in the playoffs, or regular season, the team went on a downward spiral. He's that good at moving the puck up the ice, and his playmaking is top notch.

I like his physical play as well, and would love to have a player like that on the Montreal backend.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 03:21 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Team Canada agree's with you as well. He's always one of the first defencemen picked for tournaments. He was terrific in the 2002 Olympics.
I don't see Phoenix letting him go anywhere, they can build the blueline around him for a few more years.

I think the negativity towards Jovo stems from his lack of being on a winner. When the Canucks lost Jovo in the playoffs, or regular season, the team went on a downward spiral. He's that good at moving the puck up the ice, and his playmaking is top notch.

I like his physical play as well, and would love to have a player like that on the Montreal backend.
Putting together a defensive corps is so tricky now. If you spend on a #1, he'd better be the real deal, because it limits what you can put beside him. When you have Mtl's situation wherein they haven't been an attractive ufa location, you end up signing some guys simply because you can.

Old
10-23-2006, 03:28 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
The only player I would go for is Doan. And the only moment I would want Bob to try and nab him would be at the deadline.

Old
10-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Habs

Quote:
When you have Mtl's situation wherein they haven't been an attractive ufa location, you end up signing some guys simply because you can.
And after the circus act surrounding Theodore was all said and done, last weekend, you have to wonder which high profile french canadian would ever sign here in the future? Big shock Dumont never wanted to play in Montreal.

Oh, look at me.. getting off-topic.

Old
10-23-2006, 03:42 PM
mcphee

Quote:
And after the circus act surrounding Theodore was all said and done, last weekend, you have to wonder which high profile french canadian would ever sign here in the future? Big shock Dumont never wanted to play in Montreal.

Oh, look at me.. getting off-topic.
You ever wonder how many agents are told to play the 'my favorite team growing up' card as a smokescreen ?

Old
10-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Habs

Quote:
You ever wonder how many agents are told to play the 'my favorite team growing up' card as a smokescreen ?
My favorite player lines :

" My father and uncle were very big fans as well "
" Its what we want most as professional athletes. To play in a city where the game is loved "
" Sure, it will be tough at times. When things aren't going great, the fans are really going to be criticial, but when things are good, they love you "
" Its hockey's most storied franchise, whats not to love?"
" How would people like it if I went to their job and boo'd them?"
" I used to watch Montreal Toronto on Hockey Night in Canada as a child. I'm thrilled to be here."

Old
10-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Buumbaclat

This is for HABS fans... :

Nagy was once considered a centre.

There is hope!

Buumbaclat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 05:53 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

To Mtl: Shane Doan and Derek Morris

To Pho: Michael Ryder, Alexei Emelin and 07 1st

Doan would look awesome with the habs and would become the power forward we are looking for since a lot of time.

Morris would bring stability to our defense and when Bouillon come back, Souray could be the odd man out.

Thoughts?

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I think Doan might be worth trading off Kostitsyn or Perez + a veteran + a pick (conditional if Doan re-signs).
Doan is a very good player but I'd make such a trade only if the Habs were hot challengers for the Cup this season. Adding Doan right now still wouldn't put the Habs on a par with the Sabres.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Just so I get this right.. you believe Boullion, Dandenault, Rivet, Souray, Komisarek and Streit are all better than Jovo? How is Souray better offensively? Statistically, this just isn't anywhere near the truth.

Markov and Jovo's stats may be similar the last ccouple of seasons, but not in other aspects of the game.

If you don't like a player, fine. But to suggest our entire defence is better than him, is just silly.
Prediction: Jovanoski will link up with Bertuzzi one way or another, and it won't be with le Canadien.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:15 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
If you thought Ribeiro was a primadonna, Comrie is even worse...a coach's nightmare

I would hate to have Comrie on our team
Really? He's been in Phoenix for some time now, and I've never heard anything like this. I get both major local papers, and read both Sports sections every single day. I also listen to local sports radio at work every single day. I guess some how you've picked up on something that the entirety of the Phoenix sports media has been missing. How exactly have you done that, by the way? I'd love to know how some one so far away can be so closely connected.

The Mike Comrie I've seen has had a positive attitude in being benched early last season. A positive attitude about difficult contract negotiations this past summer. He seems well liked by everyone in the organization. He does wonderful things with the Breast Cancer Society, and I haven't heard anything negative about him from anyone. Besides, of course, when he struggles out on the ice.

10-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Really? He's been in Phoenix for some time now, and I've never heard anything like this. I get both major local papers, and read both Sports sections every single day. I also listen to local sports radio at work every single day. I guess some how you've picked up on something that the entirety of the Phoenix sports media has been missing. How exactly have you done that, by the way? I'd love to know how some one so far away can be so closely connected.
He's had this reputation since he pulled his stunt with the Oilers as a junior player.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:20 PM
BJCOLLINS

Well here's a stab at it.........

Dave Scatchard $2.1(30yo) + Nick Boynton $2.9(27yo)

for

Sergei Samsonov $3.5(27yo) + Mark Streit $650k(28yo) + their 3rd pick we own

I'd hate to give up on Sammy but if he's pissed about 4th line duties we may have to move him.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:31 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
He's had this reputation since he pulled his stunt with the Oilers as a junior player.
What stunt?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Mike8

Quote:
What stunt?
Going from U of M to the WHL and threatening the Oilers that he'd jump back into the draft if he didn't get the contract he wanted.

He (twice) used his popularity as a hometown boy in negotiations with the Oilers, which is why Lowe shipped him off to a team he apparently didn't want to go to.

Old
10-25-2006, 10:49 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Aebischer + Souray for Jovanovski.
That would be a disaster. Jovo is the most over-rated, mistake prone defenseman in the entire league. His salary makes it even worse.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 04:30 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

What do contract negotiations have to do with being a primadonna, or a coach's nightmare? It's not as if Comrie has ever been overpaid at any point.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 04:34 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's not as if Comrie has ever been overpaid at any point.
That's a joke, right?

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
That's a joke, right?
One can only hope...

Old
10-26-2006, 05:14 PM
oli500

If I had to pick between doan and nagy I would go with doan because we pretty much have a ton of nagy on are team. Doan on the other hand can give this team a nice touch of grit and give are second line a player they need.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I'm with those who like Doan. I'm not sure where he would fit, though. He's listed as a RW (I thought he played C too ), and I wouldn't want to ditch Ryder, Kovalev or Johnson.

On the other hand, if he could be had for prospects, I'm pretty sure the Habs could find a spot for him somehow. There'd be a lot of possibilities. Moving Kovalev to C doesn't seem so bad if Doan plays on his RW, likewise Johnson. Of course, if Doan can play C, then it's a no-brainer.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote