HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL 2013-2014 General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2013, 04:21 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Hopefully this is the case, but they already tested that size rink in Poprad 2 seasons ago.. Where they not convinced?
I dont know More tests =more infos =better decision Btw, it was not orginal NA rink in Poprad, but also not finnish one... it was something in the middle I would say

Old
06-25-2013, 08:38 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
Ugh,NA sized rinks suck ass,just look at NHL finals complete grindfest with no skill even when you have guys like Kane,Teows etc on the ice.
You make it seem like big ice guarantees entertaining hockey. It simply is not true.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Ugh,NA sized rinks suck ass,just look at NHL finals complete grindfest with no skill even when you have guys like Kane,Teows etc on the ice.
I'm sorry but you clearly have no idea clue about the finer points of hockey if you think it's all about grinding in the finals. If you failed to notice how the Hawks and Kings last year made an art form out of breaking out with short passing, negating even the heaviest forechecks, then your understanding of the game of hockey is severely lacking.

It might also come as news to you but final series in any league and sport are not about style points, but simply WINNING.

Last edited by stv11: 06-26-2013 at 03:04 AM. Reason: flaming
Old
06-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
You make it seem like big ice guarantees entertaining hockey. It simply is not true.
Case in point: 1998 World Championship finals. Two games and only one goal was scored in them combined.

Old
06-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
I support the sentiment to keep NHL-sized ice in the NHL. But I am curious as to whether his reference to an "NHL sized rink" might make reference to seating capacity rather than the dimensions of the rink. I think it would be a curious decision to make a point of playing on a smaller rink.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:25 AM
Vicente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I'm sorry but you clearly have no idea clue about the finer points of hockey if you think it's all about grinding in the finals. If you failed to notice how the Hawks and Kings last year made an art form out of breaking out with short passing, negating even the heaviest forechecks, then your understanding of the game of hockey is severely lacking.

It might also come as news to you but final series in any league and sport are not about style points, but simply WINNING.
If the ice was bigger in the NHL players would be able even to show more of their class and use the new space for spectacular attacks.

NHL sized rinks are like playing football in fields that are half the current size.

Old
06-27-2013, 06:24 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:

I dont care,im not even talking about finals, NHL is becomming more and more boring,most teams just grind it out,and its not about how much goals are scored,but about the fluidity of the play and making chances,not hoping for a lucky bounce or a deflection off of a leg or stick.

Old
06-27-2013, 06:25 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I`m saying that theres more chance of entertaining hockey on the big ice,than the small one.

Old
06-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
I`m saying that theres more chance of entertaining hockey on the big ice,than the small one.
The increase of puck control/possession play has made games on bigger ice even more boring. 60 minutes of passing the puck around, no shots, no hitting. Like Barcelona passing the ball around a parked buss.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:10 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
The increase of puck control/possession play has made games on bigger ice even more boring. 60 minutes of passing the puck around, no shots, no hitting. Like Barcelona passing the ball around a parked buss.
i think both rinks have pros and cons, it's always going to be that way.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
i think both rinks have pros and cons, it's always going to be that way.
Yeah, not denying that. Can't help but think the hybrid rink should be more tested on international tournaments, especially best-on-best to see it's effect. Widening the rinks in NA in current arenas doesn't seem to be technically possible and teams unwilling to remove a couple rows to add a meter or two. In Europe it is easier to make the rink narrower by two meter but might leave those rinks side seats looking a little odd on some arenas.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:42 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
might leave those rinks side seats looking a little odd on some arenas.
Bit of creativity and it wouldn't be an issue. I'm quite sure I'd even pay for standing place behind the glass.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Bit of creativity and it wouldn't be an issue. I'm quite sure I'd even pay for standing place behind the glass.
That would block the lower seats vision though. That would be more fitting on one of the ends than sides.

Old
06-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Vicente

Quote:
Yeah, not denying that. Can't help but think the hybrid rink should be more tested on international tournaments, especially best-on-best to see it's effect. Widening the rinks in NA in current arenas doesn't seem to be technically possible and teams unwilling to remove a couple rows to add a meter or two. In Europe it is easier to make the rink narrower by two meter but might leave those rinks side seats looking a little odd on some arenas.
Hybrid rinks I could live with if they were used eveywhere - also in NHL. I mean let's be honest. Either the ice is too small in the NHL or the players are too big for it. Currently it looks like grown man playing on ice for kids.

Or they start to play 4-on-4 all time in the NHL haha.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:11 PM
cska78

what is this business with SM-Liga not clearing Jokerrit for the next year, that just cropped up in Russian media? any merit to that?

Old
07-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
what is this business with SM-Liga not clearing Jokerrit for the next year, that just cropped up in Russian media? any merit to that?
Yup. Could be a big mess or not.

Old
07-06-2013, 02:50 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Nothing. SM-Liiga clubs are doing media-PR, like czech and slovak clubs did in past. Jokerit is for 10000% in KHL, that is important.

Old
07-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

The big beef is that under the SM-Liiga share holder agreement Jokerit should have consulted with the Finnish hockey federation and SM-Liiga before announcing they were leaving. They failed to inform the latter. Harkimo's said Jokerit expect to get their share valued at about 1 million euro after next season but worst case scenario they may end up having to pay to SM-Liiga for leaving. Supposedly all the other clubs would be willing to throw them out immediately.

Old
07-06-2013, 07:12 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I dont want to be offtopic here, so I would recommend Jussi to read this (#170, #172)

Old
07-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

SM-Liiga have requested the IIHF opinion on this matter as it seems there's conflicting rules/regulations or interpretations at play here. The IIHF rule requires the national federation to consult the league on the matter which obviously didn't happen (clubs obviously have issue with Kummola just announcing it just like that, as he usually does ). SM-Liiga share holder agreement specifically stated that moving to a rival league requires the permission of other share holders (=teams) which was not given and according to SM-Liiga chairman Penttilä, would not have been given.

Old
07-06-2013, 07:51 AM
VladNYC*

The butt hurt seems to be strong in the SM-Liiga this week.

"Oh you are leaving? WELL WE DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND EITHER!!!"

Old
07-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
The butt hurt seems to be strong in the SM-Liiga this week.

"Oh you are leaving? WELL WE DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND EITHER!!!"
SM-Liigaclubs aren't "friends"" with each other in general.

Try putting yourself in the clubs position, would you be happy either?

Old
07-16-2013, 09:52 AM
cska78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Om6XSUqpn3E

hahaha

Old
07-16-2013, 10:16 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Who is he? Yes, director of club as he said, but what club? I did not his name, noise in backround.

Old
07-16-2013, 10:57 AM
cska78

amur I think

Closed Thread