HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports Thread XV

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Rumors are Nuggets want Tony Allen, and that Detroit is making Iggy one of their top targets. Looks like we're gonna swap Andre out for an inferior player. I'm still shaking my head here wondering why they blew up everything when they were considered to have a young and upcoming roster. I don't get it. Wreaks of Josh Kroenke ego to me.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Bonzai12

Good news/Bad news.

Allen signed yesterday with another team, but Iggy's agent somewhat got called on a bluff. Kings offered Iggy a huge deal, Denver apparently didn't match, and his agent then told the Kings that they were not interested in signing. wow.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...dala?eref=sihp

Old
07-04-2013, 04:42 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video...awl-their-team

Old
07-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Iggy signed with Golden State

Denver is not an attractive destination for basketball players...they need to face it

Old
07-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
Iggy signed with Golden State

Denver is not an attractive destination for basketball players...they need to face it
That's what you call insult to injury. Not only did the Warriors upset the Nuggs leading to the dismantling of the front office and coaching staff. But now they steal one of our better players.

Old
07-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Im starting to think its funny. I hate that the Nuggets get more publicity than the Avs. Of course I am a Broncos fan so that makes me a hypocrit but still. The radio talks about Broncos, Nuggets, and Rockies, but I cant get Avs talk to save my life...even after an interview if they do one, they go right back to other things. They talk more about Tebow than the Avs and hes not even in this freaking town any more

OKAY End rant.

Old
07-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

It is a weird kinda symmetry they have going on. The Nugs and Avs have never been "good" at the same time. And now it appears the Avs are finally gonna start rising up just as the Nugs start to decline.

Old
07-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
It is a weird kinda symmetry they have going on. The Nugs and Avs have never been "good" at the same time. And now it appears the Avs are finally gonna start rising up just as the Nugs start to decline.
Yeah, its almost like they cannot support and focus on two organizations at the same time.

Old
07-05-2013, 03:55 PM
The Merchant
Buyin' and Sellin'

Coming from someone who only watches Nuggets games in terms of the NBA, the Nuggets are a joke. Always have been, always will be.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Bonzai12

Keeping your front office and coaching staff intact usually helps re-sign guys. I felt like it was going to be an uphill battle even before Karl left. Gutting everyone because they wouldn't play rookies really doesn't entice a veteran to stick around.

Anyways, if the Nuggets are smart here after getting spurned, they will be on the phone for the next 72 hours trying to absorb expiring contracts and include themselves in 3-way deals any way possible to acquire future draft picks/prospects. I sure hope to god they don't use Iggy's money to try and compete for the leftovers out there.

Old
07-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Rhaego

Do we have our first next year or does Orlando?

Or do they have New Yorks?

WE NEED WIGGINS/Parker

Old
07-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Josh Kroenke thinking he's qualified to run an NBA team will have the Nuggets back in the dark ages of the late 90's/early 2000's. That ship is taking on water fast and the captain is clueless.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeleau Of Blood View Post
Josh Kroenke thinking he's qualified to run an NBA team will have the Nuggets back in the dark ages of the late 90's/early 2000's. That ship is taking on water fast and the captain is clueless.
If that is the only way Josh Kronk is kept from interfering with Sakic and Roy, then it's a good sacrifice.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Rhaego

I think Orlanda has our pick

Old
07-05-2013, 09:01 PM
famicommander

Quote:
Im starting to think its funny. I hate that the Nuggets get more publicity than the Avs. Of course I am a Broncos fan so that makes me a hypocrit but still. The radio talks about Broncos, Nuggets, and Rockies, but I cant get Avs talk to save my life...even after an interview if they do one, they go right back to other things. They talk more about Tebow than the Avs and hes not even in this freaking town any more

OKAY End rant.
Try being an Outlaws or Mammoth fan. The freaking Outlaws are 10-0 and absolutely dominating the whole league, and the only thing you'll hear about them in the media is how cool their 4th of July fireworks show is.

At least we get game results, score updates, and transactions for the Avs on the radio. I'd bet that there isn't a single person at 104.3 the Fan that could name three players on the Outlaws. It's the highest level of lacrosse in the world but the DU Pioneers lacrosse team gets more play on the radio than they do.

I'm sure Rapids fans feel the same way, but it's hard for me to care because it's soccer.

Old
07-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:

OKAY End rant.
When the Broncos training camp starts later this month, every other team in this region will cease to exist on The Fan. It's like clockwork.

Old
07-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeleau Of Blood View Post
When the Broncos training camp starts later this month, every other team in this region will cease to exist on The Fan. It's like clockwork.
Yeah, on one hand I love the Broncos...but it does get ridiculous. Also the serious lack of interest by that station in the Avs is pathetic

Old
07-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Bonzai12

The Nuggets are already reeling, so let's stick the knife in them with this signing. Horrible. Out of ALL the free agents on the market, I didn't want ONE - this guy.

http://fansided.com/2013/07/05/monta...enver-nuggets/

Old
07-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

For the Rockies sake, I'm not sure I want to see Tulo until after the All Star Break. But he sounds determined to play against the Dodgers next week and in the ASG itself.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:36 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Man...

I LOVE that Dwight Howard is leaving the Lakers. Hopefully Kobe never gets that 6th Ring and the whole "Who's Better: Michael or Kobe" debate will forever be won with "MJ won more titles, debate over" argument.

Kobe Bryant is without a doubt the most overrated garbage basketball player ever. The fact that anything this guy does/says/tweets get as much attention on ESPN is abhorrent.

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Old
07-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

If the Rockets manage to work out a sign and trade deal involving Josh Smith they'll become a real player out west.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:54 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
The Nuggets are already reeling, so let's stick the knife in them with this signing. Horrible. Out of ALL the free agents on the market, I didn't want ONE - this guy.

http://fansided.com/2013/07/05/monta...enver-nuggets/
Why not? Is he the greatest person on the planet..NO, but he does fill a huge need of the Nuggets and that is a guy that can actually shoot a basketball.

A lineup containing Lawson, Ellis, Galo, Faried and MaGee isn't half bad and the addition of Ellis would help with the loss of Iggy. Somehow you have to make up for Iggy giving us the middle finger for no particular reason other than he wanted to go play with other superstars like Seth Curry.

The Nuggets aren't stupid they know they need to make stuff happen and there really aren't many decent options available to get a shooter, Ellis is one of the decent options.

Old
07-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

I don't see Ellis fitting in because the Nuggets are a well balanced team when they're on the offense and Monta is one of the biggest chuckers in the league, plus he's a terrible defender.

Old
07-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I don't see Ellis fitting in because the Nuggets are a well balanced team when they're on the offense and Monta is one of the biggest chuckers in the league, plus he's a terrible defender.
Couldn't have said it any better. After year one of this guy they will wish they never signed him. This is a stupid knee jerk reaction to give a crappy player money just to throw a bandaid on a wound. They are so better off just waiting until next year than throwing this guy money. Horrible teammate and horrible defender.

Old
07-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Man...

I LOVE that Dwight Howard is leaving the Lakers. Hopefully Kobe never gets that 6th Ring and the whole "Who's Better: Michael or Kobe" debate will forever be won with "MJ won more titles, debate over" argument.

Kobe Bryant is without a doubt the most overrated garbage basketball player ever. The fact that anything this guy does/says/tweets get as much attention on ESPN is abhorrent.
Google the article where Kobe's plea to Howard was a total turn off to him. Hysterical. Kobe basically told him that Dwight needs to learn how to win a championship and Kobe can show him the way. Just a reminder that no one really respects Kobe in this league. The guy is a total jerk that can't get along with anyone.

Closed Thread