HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part IX: Free Agency Signing Period Discussion and Rumors

Old
07-06-2013, 12:24 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
if they could land Pietrangelo there isnt a single player I wouldnt trade outside of Giroux for him. yes that includes Couturier. i love Couturier but Pietrangelo is a elite defenseman who hasnt even hit his prime years yet.
Capwise it would be difficult to get him in tho as quite a bit of salary would have to go the other way to get it work.
So many people wouldnt want to trade Couturier, Read, Simmonds, Coburn, Hartnell ect to land a player like Pieterangelo. I am not saying I deal all of them but you have to give to get.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Ha, I almost caught you but you edited in time. I even had a UNH comment lined up. Damnit.

07-06-2013, 12:26 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Time View Post
I take the good with the bad, slotting Pietrangelo as your number 1 defender for 10 years is worth it.
You upgrade ur defense but lower your team defense, toughness/goal scoring ability and ability to make up for cheap players to play.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Coburn for Cap dump or Meszaros
Coburn is not a cap dump.

He's not the 1/2 defenseman that we hoped, but he's comfortably a 3/4 on most teams in the league, in his prime, on a decent contract.

Couturier, Simmonds, Coburn, and 2 1sts?

Not remotely interested in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
if they could land Pietrangelo there isnt a single player I wouldnt trade outside of Giroux for him. yes that includes Couturier. i love Couturier but Pietrangelo is a elite defenseman who hasnt even hit his prime years yet.
Capwise it would be difficult to get him in tho as quite a bit of salary would have to go the other way to get it work.
So many people wouldnt want to trade Couturier, Read, Simmonds, Coburn, Hartnell ect to land a player like Pieterangelo. I am not saying I deal all of them but you have to give to get.
I literally can't imagine one poster on this board being opposed to moving any of those players for Pietrangelo. The problem is that it would likely require at least two of them, plus additional futures.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Flyers Time

If the Flyers are shopping Simmonds to Montreal, I much rather trade him to St Louis for a stud

Flyers Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:36 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Ha, I almost caught you but you edited in time. I even had a UNH comment lined up. Damnit.
haha. yeah i caught it right away.
I am sure I will have another great typo in the near future so you can book mark the comment haha

Old
07-06-2013, 12:37 PM
flyershockey

I don't know what's worse, people believing that we actually have a shot at Pietrangelo, or some of these crazy proposals that people are throwing out there. Yikes!

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:38 PM
flyersfromquebec

Grossmann+Read+Laughton+ 1st 2014+1st 2015

St-Louis say ''NO''

Homer say ''**** ***'' and offer sheet him to 8.5m 7years
Trade Mez, Grossman and Talbot for picks

flyersfromquebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Flyers Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfromquebec View Post
Grossmann+Read+Laughton+ 1st 2014+1st 2015

St-Louis say ''NO''

Homer say ''**** ***'' and offer sheet him to 8.5m 7years
Trade Mez, Grossman and Talbot for picks
St Louis would match and laugh

Old
07-06-2013, 12:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post

I literally can't imagine one poster on this board being opposed to moving any of those players for Pietrangelo. The problem is that it would likely require at least two of them, plus additional futures.
if the Blues called and said we would need Couturier,Coburn and 2 firsts for Pieterangelo you wouldnt do it? if thats the cost I would get in my car and make the 7 hour drive to Philly and drive em to the airport myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I don't know what's worse, people believing that we actually have a shot at Pietrangelo, or some of these crazy proposals that people are throwing out there. Yikes!
Pieterangelo is the new Weber

Old
07-06-2013, 12:43 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Simmonds + Coburn + 1st

Is a legitimate offer.

You replace Pietrangelo with a veteran #3 in his prime who can eat up minutes and slot next to Shattenkirk.

You get a difference-making physical winger who is good for 50 points a season.

And you get a 1st.

STL will want more, and they don't deserve it.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Flyers Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Simmonds + Coburn + 1st

Is a legitimate offer.

You replace Pietrangelo with a veteran #3 in his prime who can eat up minutes and slot next to Shattenkirk.

And you get a 1st.

St Louis wants Coots or Schenn

Old
07-06-2013, 12:44 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Is it worth setting the team back something like 3-4 seasons while they try to reload?

The Flyers are built fine now. They have been building a core steadily for a bit now. It's time to stick with it and build around it instead of nuking it yet again. We'll be fine without him.
Thank you. I can not stand the impatience of half the fans around here. Relax. Instead of trading everything, again, let what we have grow. Who knows maybe we have a future #1 in the pipeline and just don't know it yet. There's this process not many of you are familiar with called "development." Just because your little draft guide you got at rite aid says one thing doesn't mean said player can't "develop" in to more. This takes time. Meanwhile trading half your team for one need creates 3 more thus continuing the vicious cycle. I'm glad it seems the flyers stopped listening to its mostly brain dead fan base and started running a professional hockey operation.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:44 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
St Louis wants Coots or Schenn
Over Simmonds?

I don't know about that...

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:46 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Simmonds + Coburn + 1st

Is a legitimate offer.

And you get a 1st.

I love that proposal but I don't see St. Louis taking it simply because if they do end up having to move him other teams will outbid that. And I don't wanna get into that war.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Flyers Time

Simmonds
Coots
Meszaros
1st
I would do

Old
07-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
if the Blues called and said we would need Couturier,Coburn and 2 firsts for Pieterangelo you wouldnt do it? if thats the cost I would get in my car and make the 7 hour drive to Philly and drive em to the airport myself.
That exact deal is the one I think most plausible--which isn't saying much.

It would hurt us a ton--which it should. It fills a few needs for STL--which it should.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Trading for Pietrangelo is what you do if you're hitting the reset button and clearing house. We have no reason to do that.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:51 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Add Coburn for Cap dump or Meszaros
This is my biggest problem with the deal (along with the addition of the draft picks). It would cause so much waste on our roster. If we acquire a defenseman without sending a defenseman back out (and actually getting value for him), we've got 4M dollar healthy scratches or 4M dollar 3rd pairing guys. It's unnecessary. I'd be willing to deal Couturier, Simmonds, Coburn, and a 2nd for Pietrangelo.

I think that's a pretty sizeable/fair offer and I also think it makes us a better team.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Stranger Danger
the

^^ I also like GoneFullHolmgren's deal, and that deal only. No Simmonds involved.

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:54 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Simmonds + Coburn + 1st

Is a legitimate offer.

And you get a 1st.

St. Louis doesn't need any wingers, they need centers, more specifically a #1 offensive center.

I highly doubt St. Louis trades Pietrangelo anyway.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:02 PM
GingerFetish

Need some Twitter rumors!

On #Flyers #STLBlues talks, Philly is very interested in Pietrangelo. Talks ongoing, price quite high, don't be surprised to see offer sheet

#Sabres and #Flyers are the 2 most active teams right now, exploring multiple trade fronts. Could be an interesting day. #StayTuned

#Flyers VERY present in trade talks, working with #STLBlues #Habs and #Flames, trying to unload salary&get better at same time

its hockey insider though

Last edited by GingerFetish: 07-06-2013 at 01:10 PM.
GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
St. Louis doesn't need any wingers, they need centers, more specifically a #1 offensive center.

I highly doubt St. Louis trades Pietrangelo anyway.
Blues fan coming in peace here.

You hit the nail on the head. Pietrangelo isn't going anywhere. You want to offer sheet him? We match it and offer sheet your next 3 RFAs. It's not a game you want to get into.

Pietrangelo is our, far and away, best player. He is who we will build our future around. He is a Norris contender and is just 23. He is a guy you make big moves in order to keep.

Your trade offers are pretty bad. No offense. Couturier, first round picks, Simmonds...all assets we have no interest in moving our #1 defenseman for.

What do you guys want from the Blues for Claude Giroux? Probably Alex Pietrangelo, right?

Well guess what we'd want from Philly for Alex Pietrangelo? Claude Giroux. Unfortunately he is out of our price range. So nothing to see here.

The Blues aren't looking to rebuild. We don't want potential. We don't want picks. We don't want a lefty d-man like Coburn when we have 4 lefty d-men. IF we were to move Petro, which we won't, it would be like the Eriksson for Seguin trade. A hockey move where we get a current high impact player in return.

Now if you want to talk Schenn or Couturier for Shattenkirk...maybe there could be something there.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Stizzle

Where is this Pietrangelo stuff coming from? From what I can tell, no one even close to reputable has even sneezed about it. Let it go.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Flyers Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
Blues fan coming in peace here.

You hit the nail on the head. Pietrangelo isn't going anywhere. You want to offer sheet him? We match it and offer sheet your next 3 RFAs. It's not a game you want to get into.

Pietrangelo is our, far and away, best player. He is who we will build our future around. He is a Norris contender and is just 23. He is a guy you make big moves in order to keep.

Your trade offers are pretty bad. No offense. Couturier, first round picks, Simmonds...all assets we have no interest in moving our #1 defenseman for.

What do you guys want from the Blues for Claude Giroux? Probably Alex Pietrangelo, right?

Well guess what we'd want from Philly for Alex Pietrangelo? Claude Giroux. Unfortunately he is out of our price range. So nothing to see here.

The Blues aren't looking to rebuild. We don't want potential. We don't want picks. We don't want a lefty d-man like Coburn when we have 4 lefty d-men. IF we were to move Petro, which we won't, it would be like the Eriksson for Seguin trade. A hockey move where we get a current high impact player in return.

Now if you want to talk Schenn or Couturier for Shattenkirk...maybe there could be something there.
Those RFA will be signed