HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part IX: Free Agency Signing Period Discussion and Rumors

Old
07-06-2013, 12:12 PM
TempleFlyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
Blues fan coming in peace here.

You hit the nail on the head. Pietrangelo isn't going anywhere. You want to offer sheet him? We match it and offer sheet your next 3 RFAs. It's not a game you want to get into.

Pietrangelo is our, far and away, best player. He is who we will build our future around. He is a Norris contender and is just 23. He is a guy you make big moves in order to keep.

Your trade offers are pretty bad. No offense. Couturier, first round picks, Simmonds...all assets we have no interest in moving our #1 defenseman for.

What do you guys want from the Blues for Claude Giroux? Probably Alex Pietrangelo, right?

Well guess what we'd want from Philly for Alex Pietrangelo? Claude Giroux. Unfortunately he is out of our price range. So nothing to see here.

The Blues aren't looking to rebuild. We don't want potential. We don't want picks. We don't want a lefty d-man like Coburn when we have 4 lefty d-men. IF we were to move Petro, which we won't, it would be like the Eriksson for Seguin trade. A hockey move where we get a current high impact player in return.

Now if you want to talk Schenn or Couturier for Shattenkirk...maybe there could be something there.
never gets old. do people not realize our players would have to agree to sign the offer sheet? its not as simple as saying you'll do it, there are two parties involved

TempleFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Time View Post
Those RFA will be signed
I know they will. But for about 500K-1 mil more than you'd like.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:

You hit the nail on the head. Pietrangelo isn't going anywhere. You want to offer sheet him? We match it and offer sheet your next 3 RFAs. It's not a game you want to get into.

Now if you want to talk Schenn or Couturier for Shattenkirk...maybe there could be something there.
Pietro isn't going anywhere. But the offersheet game? Lol It doesn't exist. Are you really trying to threaten Flyers fans into not offersheeting him? you realize we can't offersheet anyone, and neither can you, right?

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:14 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Trading for Pietrangelo is what you do if you're hitting the reset button and clearing house. We have no reason to do that.
Not sure if I would agree with that even if it is a realistic option. its not like Pieterangelo is on the other side of 30 like Pronger was when the Flyers traded for him. We are talking about a guy who is an elite defenseman. he hasnt even reached his prime years yet.
I understand you dont want to trade Couturier. I dont want to trade him either, but for a guy like Pieterangelo? I pull the trigger.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:15 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

Pietrangelo is our, far and away, best player. He is who we will build our future around. He is a Norris contender and is just 23. He is a guy you make big moves in order to keep.

Your trade offers are pretty bad. No offense. Couturier, first round picks, Simmonds...all assets we have no interest in moving our #1 defenseman for.

What do you guys want from the Blues for Claude Giroux? Probably Alex Pietrangelo, right?

Well guess what we'd want from Philly for Alex Pietrangelo? Claude Giroux. Unfortunately he is out of our price range. So nothing to see here.

The Blues aren't looking to rebuild. We don't want potential. We don't want picks. We don't want a lefty d-man like Coburn when we have 4 lefty d-men. IF we were to move Petro, which we won't, it would be like the Eriksson for Seguin trade. A hockey move where we get a current high impact player in return.

Voracek for Pietrangelo.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleFlyers View Post
never gets old. do people not realize our players would have to agree to sign the offer sheet? its not as simple as saying you'll do it, there are two parties involved
Sometimes players really like getting an extra $1,000,000 a year.

BTW, the same can be said for Alex Pietrangelo. What makes you guys so sure he will sign your offer sheet? His agent has already said he won't. Granted that is agent speak.

Old
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Quote:

I understand that offer sheeting Pietrangelo is a lost cause since St. Louis will match but the bolded is where I disagree. The Flyers are the last team you want to start an offersheet battle with. It's not a game you want to get into especially with Paul Holmgren. The Flyers also don't let their stars get to restricted free agency so there won't be revenge offer sheets.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Not sure if I would agree with that even if it is a realistic option. its not like Pieterangelo is on the other side of 30 like Pronger was when the Flyers traded for him. We are talking about a guy who is an elite defenseman. he hasnt even reached his prime years yet.
I understand you dont want to trade Couturier. I dont want to trade him either, but for a guy like Pieterangelo? I pull the trigger.
It's not just Couturier, though. We're losing a lot of roster players, some of whom are also only just approaching their prime, draft picks, etc. Trading for Pietrangelo is something that will blow the team up again. I just don't think there's a reason to do it unless we're doing another full rebuild.

Also, on a side note, I think it's really amusing that everyone claims there will be revenge for offersheets. That has never, ever happened.

07-06-2013, 12:17 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:

Coming in peace and making a threat? Are you Teddy Roosevelt?

The Flyers are loaded. They do not worry about offer sheets. They can make moves to free up money if they had to do so.

Also, I agree that Schenn or Couts would need to be going back to St. Louis.

How about Schenn, Laughton (two centers), Ghost (touted PMD prospect) and 1st 2014 and 2015 1st?

That's a steep price.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Flyers Time

Quote:
I know they will. But for about 500K-1 mil more than you'd like.
No you don't understand Flyer RFA don't get to his point. You would next offer-sheet a good Flyers player because he would already be signed

Flyers Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Voracek for Pietrangelo.
After one good half season while playing with a world-class center?

Nope.

It's gonna have to be Claude Giroux. So in other words...there is nothing to see here. Pietrangelo, like Bobby Ryan, will never be a Flyer.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:19 PM
bennysflyers16

Who is last RFA the Flyers allowed to even get to the point of getting an offer sheet. God these fans are stunned.

Jake, Coburn, Laughton , 1st is what Blues would most likely want.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:20 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Jake, Coburn, Laughton , 1st is what Blues would most likely want.
And they can shove it.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Flin Flon Bomber

Quote:
While I disagree with some of your statements and agree with others, let me step in here with a little comment.

If a GM does what you're suggesting they do, then you have a bad GM. Full stop. You're right that this is not a game we want to get into, because it is not a game PERIOD. It is a business. A multimillion dollar business. Plain and simple. If a GM wants to hamstring their team out of some imagined insult to their manhood or their gentlemanly ways, I would kindly suggest that they grow up or take the exit stage right.

The Flin Flon Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:

Nope.

It's gonna have to be Claude Giroux. So in other words...there is nothing to see here. Pietrangelo, like Bobby Ryan, will never be a Flyer.
Giroux>>>>AP

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
feedingschennzy

Quote:

Lets not defensive about Pietrangelo. If you had just done what we had and locked your franchise cornerstone anytime in the last 365 days since he was eligible, these talks wouldn't be happening. Have fun offer sheeting all the players were already going to resign

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:22 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:

Nope.

Bobby Ryan, wtf ? A lot of us never want to trade for him, guy is a ufa in 2 yrs ?

Old
07-06-2013, 12:22 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It's not just Couturier, though. We're losing a lot of roster players, some of whom are also only just approaching their prime, draft picks, etc. Trading for Pietrangelo is something that will blow the team up again. I just don't think there's a reason to do it unless we're doing another full rebuild.

Also, on a side note, I think it's really amusing that everyone claims there will be revenge for offersheets. That has never, ever happened.
I proposed Couturier, Coburn and 2 1st rounders. I would miss Couturier. Coburn? not so much. I realize this is all just talk for fun because realistically none of this is even plausable. The Blues have little reason to deal Pieterangelo. They would deal Shattenkirk if a team forced their hand with a OS that put them in a bind.
as far as this OS revenge game? LOL. I am still waiting for payback on the Ryan Kesler OS.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:23 PM
flyershockey

I still have no idea why GM's allow their high profile RFA's to get to the point where an offer sheet is a possibility. You're just begging someone to come put you in a corner.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:23 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
And they can shove it.
For sure, but we have to be realistic of asking price for a top 5 Dman.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:24 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I still have no idea why GM's allow their high profile RFA's to get to the point where an offer sheet is a possibility. You're just begging someone to come put you in a corner.
14-year, $110 million to Pietro?

then shop Coburn and Mez for picks for our highly regarded draft next year?

Perfect plan?

I think so.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I proposed Couturier, Coburn and 2 1st rounders. I would miss Couturier. Coburn? not so much. I realize this is all just talk for fun because realistically none of this is even plausable. The Blues have little reason to deal Pieterangelo. They would deal Shattenkirk if a team forced their hand with a OS that put them in a bind.
as far as this OS revenge game? LOL. I am still waiting for payback on the Ryan Kesler OS.
I just don't think Couturier and Coburn plus firsts is enough. I could live with that. I think you would need to include more, and I don't know how those holes are going to get filled, especially for the same/less than they currently cost.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
I understand that offer sheeting Pietrangelo is a lost cause since St. Louis will match but the bolded is where I disagree. The Flyers are the last team you want to start an offersheet battle with. It's not a game you want to get into especially with Paul Holmgren. The Flyers also don't let their stars get to restricted free agency so there won't be revenge offer sheets.
Fine whatever. You guys are getting way too hung up on nothing. What is the point of even arguing this with me and telling me your RFAs don't make it to free agency? It changes nothing.

We are still going to match your offer sheet...if Pietrangelo even signs it to begin with.

Moral of the story: You aren't getting Alex Pietrangelo and we aren't getting Claude Giroux.

Sorry. Good luck in your search for a #1 d-man. I hope you find it. I like the Flyers.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:26 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
This. And I love when teams cry we will match. That is not ideal as you most likely are signing an awful deal for your franchise player. **** if he means so much to your team, why the hell do u let him get to RFA status. Unless they want out.???

Old
07-06-2013, 12:27 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
Fine whatever. You guys are getting way too hung up on nothing. What is the point of even arguing this with me and telling me your RFAs don't make it to free agency? It changes nothing.

We are still going to match your offer sheet...if Pietrangelo even signs it to begin with.

Moral of the story: You aren't getting Alex Pietrangelo and we aren't getting Claude Giroux.

Sorry. Good luck in your search for a #1 d-man. I hope you find it. I like the Flyers.
Weber offer sheet 2.0 is coming for you.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote