HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part IX: Free Agency Signing Period Discussion and Rumors

Old
07-06-2013, 01:27 PM
xkj1985x

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
Bobby Ryan, will never be a Flyer.
I'll take that bet.

xkj1985x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Prongo
Beer

San filwhateverhisnameis on 97.5 said they are watching him and he still thinks a defender is moved. He even said if they clear enough room an offer sheet isn't out of the possibility.

Also the canphilly reported they are watching him as well. So there is some truth to the rumor the flyers are keeping tabs. If anything will come who know, but did anyone think weber would get the offer sheet?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
14-year, $110 million to Pietro?

then shop Coburn and Mez for picks for our highly regarded draft next year?

Perfect plan?

I think so.
I think the max contract they can offer is seven years.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I still have no idea why GM's allow their high profile RFA's to get to the point where an offer sheet is a possibility. You're just begging someone to come put you in a corner.
Because their player isn't going to sign the low ball offer they give him.

Mr Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Giroux>>>>AP
Yeah he might be. He is a fantastic franchise center. And guess what?

Pietrangelo > Couturier, Coburn, 2 firsts

I really like all the pieces you guys are offering. Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds, Coburn...meh not as much, first round picks. I like those pieces. Not for a 23 year old true #1 d-man.

The Blues need sure high impact players. We have plenty of potential and disappointment.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:33 PM
EstimatedProphet
Rookie User

Quote:
After one good half season while playing with a world-class center?

Nope.

It's gonna have to be Claude Giroux. So in other words...there is nothing to see here. Pietrangelo, like Bobby Ryan, will never be a Flyer.
What makes you so sure Pietrangelo wants to be on the blues long term? I mean, if he really wanted to be there he would have signed long term already. Obviously hes trying to get market value for his services. If the blues are unable to offer that then it would be in both parties best interest to part ways. In that scenario the blues would not be dealing from a point of leverage in trade negotiations.

EstimatedProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
Weber offer sheet 2.0 is coming for you.
Annnnd the Blues just matched it.

Now what?

Old
07-06-2013, 01:35 PM
flybynite77

LOL @ that Blues fan and his Internet Muscles "We'll match and offer sheet your next THREE RFA's"

Hey Mr. Blues fan. You want to know the difference between the Philadelphia Flyers and your St. Louis Blues?

Look at Claude Giroux... Mike Richards...Jeff Carter...JVR

You know what they have in common? They never got to the point where they became RFA'S. The Flyers *LOCK UP* their young top talent and don't let them to get to the RFA market. If the Flyers had a defenseman like Shea Weber or Pietrangenlo they never would have gotten to the point where another team could RFA them because they'd have locked them up long-term.

So hey if you want to give someone like Matt Read a big time contract just to spite the Flyers if they offer-sheeted Pietrangenlo you're more than welcome to do that. The Flyers will enjoy your compensatory picks.

flybynite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:36 PM
potsiev2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
San filwhateverhisnameis on 97.5 said they are watching him and he still thinks a defender is moved. He even said if they clear enough room an offer sheet isn't out of the possibility.

Also the canphilly reported they are watching him as well. So there is some truth to the rumor the flyers are keeping tabs. If anything will come who know, but did anyone think weber would get the offer sheet?
i listened to 97.5 yesterday and ill never listen to it again... listening to matthew lombardi talk about the flyers is torture.. the guy is so brutal... basically he talked for an hour about how he's tired of the flyers being stuck in the 70's and how we're screwed with the cap etc... rage worthy

potsiev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:36 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Yeah he might be. He is a fantastic franchise center. And guess what?

Pietrangelo > Couturier, Coburn, 2 firsts

I really like all the pieces you guys are offering. Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds, Coburn...meh not as much, first round picks. I like those pieces. Not for a 23 year old true #1 d-man.

The Blues need sure high impact players. We have plenty of potential and disappointment.
So Simmonds and Voracek aren't high impact players?

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:38 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

2 guys on our board start a few pointless "Offersheet Pietrangelo" threads and the entire fan base is supposedly "too much hung upon it"....

Also who thinks Voracek is pure product of Giroux?

Last edited by kudymen: 07-06-2013 at 01:49 PM.
kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:39 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
Annnnd the Blues just matched it.

Now what?
Then that's it!

I'm perfectly fine overpaying for Alex if it means that if we don't get him the Blues overpay.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
So Simmonds and Voracek aren't high impact players?
Simmonds? No. He is more of what we have. Not saying he is bad, far from it. However, he isn't my definition of high impact.

Tell me when Voracek has more than one great 48 game season under his belt. Even then you'd have to remind me which of our centers can set Voracek up like Claude Giroux does.

When I say high impact, I mean top line forwards and top pairing d-men. Not more David Perrons and Patrik Berglunds.

You can have your own definition of high impact but that is what I meant.

Old
07-06-2013, 01:48 PM
potsiev2

hide your kids, hide your wife.......

potsiev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Flyers Time

Pietrangelo will sign the offer-sheet if reports are true he hopes to receive one .

Flyers Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:51 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I just don't think Couturier and Coburn plus firsts is enough. I could live with that. I think you would need to include more, and I don't know how those holes are going to get filled, especially for the same/less than they currently cost.

I know Couturier, Coburn and 2 firsts would not work. For cap reasons alone it wouldnt work. i am sure from their perspective they would need Simmonds included in the deal. which of course would be bad for us. for what it would cost capwise and depth wise it isnt plausible.
Shattenkirk is probably a more realistic option but he too would probably cost quite a bit.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsiev2 View Post
hide your kids, hide your wife.......
Oh lawd Jesus it's a fahr!

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Prongo
Beer

The one thing I don't understand is why do blues fans come in here and have to defend their team till death. It really is just a topic we can ******** about until something happens again. Realistically we don't think we are going to get him, but it's just creates a fun discussion. Let us dream, we understand what he means to your team and fan base.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I know Couturier, Coburn and 2 firsts would not work. For cap reasons alone it wouldnt work. i am sure from their perspective they would need Simmonds included in the deal. which of course would be bad for us. for what it would cost capwise and depth wise it isnt plausible.
Shattenkirk is probably a more realistic option but he too would probably cost quite a bit.
I think the organization is realizing the market for impact defensemen is now to the point where it's difficult to trade for them. Perhaps that's why they have so much emphasis on grooming their own the last two drafts.

07-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
The one thing I don't understand is why do blues fans come in here and have to defend their team till death. It really is just a topic we can ******** about until something happens again. Realistically we don't think we are going to get him, but it's just creates a fun discussion. Let us dream, we understand what he means to your team and fan base.
You don't even get to THINK about getting Petrie. They will know......

Old
07-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
I don't understand why you guys get upset when a fan from another team comes in peace to discuss a topic?

I welcome all of you over at the Blues forum with open arms.

The best conversations on these forums involve fans of all teams.

Come on over and tell us what you think of a Schenn or Couturier for Shattenkirk trade. I thoroughly enjoy talking to fans of other teams. Differing opinions lead to a much better conversation.

Old
07-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Flyers Time

Is Pietrangelo worth 4 1sts ?

Flyers Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:01 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynite77 View Post
LOL @ that Blues fan and his Internet Muscles "We'll match and offer sheet your next THREE RFA's"

Hey Mr. Blues fan. You want to know the difference between the Philadelphia Flyers and your St. Louis Blues?

Look at Claude Giroux... Mike Richards...Jeff Carter...JVR

You know what they have in common? They never got to the point where they became RFA'S. The Flyers *LOCK UP* their young top talent and don't let them to get to the RFA market. If the Flyers had a defenseman like Shea Weber or Pietrangenlo they never would have gotten to the point where another team could RFA them because they'd have locked them up long-term.

So hey if you want to give someone like Matt Read a big time contract just to spite the Flyers if they offer-sheeted Pietrangenlo you're more than welcome to do that. The Flyers will enjoy your compensatory picks.

Matt Read is set to be an unrestricted free agent. No picks. Just a massive cap hit for St Louis while we pay nothing. Read was a bad example. Couts and Schenn yeah. I see Philly locking them up early anyway.

Also, I've seen more peace in the Middle East, I love those who come in peace.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Time View Post
Is Pietrangelo worth 4 1sts ?
ummm, idk? thats a very good question. I think I would rather trade for him.

Old
07-06-2013, 02:04 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:

well in their defense we are talking about their franchise defenseman and what it would cost from our perspective to land him. I dont have an issue with them coming on to our board and voicing their opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think the organization is realizing the market for impact defensemen is now to the point where it's difficult to trade for them. Perhaps that's why they have so much emphasis on grooming their own the last two drafts.
well i would hope. Maybe they are finally getting it. having some patience with the prospects. Hopefully certain folks in the fanbase dont start throwing out the bust word to quick.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote