HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drew Bagnall signed (2 years, 2-way)

Old
07-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Zman5778

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Shockingly, they seem short on LHD. What team is ever short on LHD?? Ok, outside of the '06 Sabres playoff team.

LHD:
Bagnall
Crawford
(McNabb)

RHD:
MacKenzie
Gauthier-Leduc
McBain
Ristolainen
Ruhwedel
Looks like JGL or MattMac is the odd man out once they get that vet LHD then.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
Looks like JGL or MattMac is the odd man out once they get that vet LHD then.
Maybe they swing something with a RHD-RHD combo. I'm not sure that is to the big clubs liking given their stated preference for L-D even pairs, but ****... after years of having NO RHD or just one RHD... now they have more than enough.

Hey, Patches is back from Germany and played well in the AHL playoffs. They could always pitch him some of this money bucket for the Amerks to be the "other" LHD down there. Good vet for the PP, tries to play the body, etc... Wore an "A" with the Griffins, 11 post-season points, a solid 31-points in 70 GP.

07-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Hey, Patches is back from Germany and played well in the AHL playoffs. They could always pitch him some of this money bucket for the Amerks to be the "other" LHD down there. Good vet for the PP, tries to play the body, etc... Wore an "A" with the Griffins, 11 post-season points, a solid 31-points in 70 GP.
Given that it looks like that Ruh, JGL and Crawford are the options for PP defensemen, I would think that this idea may have a ton of merit.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:14 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
What did you say to him?
He said he didn't know who that is and I said "award winning media"

TBN's hockey coverage sucks.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:26 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Maybe they swing something with a RHD-RHD combo. I'm not sure that is to the big clubs liking given their stated preference for L-D even pairs, but ****... after years of having NO RHD or just one RHD... now they have more than enough.

Signing another LHD for the top club would also help, since then if McNabb doesn't earn a spot he would be the "other" LHD in Rochester (and the Sabres could have even pairs).

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:48 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

I'll take a big toughness depth move. Good move, I like it. While I always like the 'sabres sign Insert big name FA here' I'm glad we're being patient.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Woodhouse
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
After 3 depart, Amerks add “warrior” to D-corps:
Quote:
The one addition, defenseman Drew Bagnall, was Buffalo Sabres general manager Darcy Regier being true to his word. He said he would be signing a veteran D-man for the Amerks, and he also said building a strong leadership group of high-character veterans would be a priority.

Bagnall, who turns 30 in October, fits both categories. A St. Lawrence University product, the six-year veteran was captain of the Houston Aeros this past season. He won’t pile up points (1-5-6 in 47 games in ’12-13, 2-12-14 in 72 games in ’11-12). But at 6-foot-3 and 222 pounds, he will battle for pucks and space, scrap if necessary, and set an example.

“He’s one of the best warrior/team guys you ever want to have on your club,” said Jim Mill, assistant general manager for the Minnesota Wild and the guy who signed Bagnall to play for their AHL affiliate in Houston. “He’s just a wonderful human being, a warrior and a leader.”

That’s very high praise. And Mill isn’t prone to hyperbole. Especially about players who are LEAVING his organization. So this is a home run for the Amerks.

“He’s one of my favorite guys,” Mill said. “He may be one of the highest character guys you ever want to meet.”

Bagnall played his first three pro seasons in the Los Angeles Kings organization in Manchester, then spent the past three with the Aeros. He played his only two NHL games in 2010-11.

With the prospects needing to play with Minnesota’s new AHL affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa, there just isn’t a way to keep Bagnall. Plus, this presents a new opportunity.

TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Bagnall will earn $275,000 in the AHL (a substantial raise from his $105,000 salary this past year) and $550,000 in the NHL.

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Woodhouse
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Bagnall named Houston's Man of the Year:
Quote:
The Houston Aeros are proud to announce that Drew Bagnall has been named the teamís winner of the IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year award for his outstanding contributions to the Houston community during the 2012-13 season.

As the captain of the team, Bagnall leads the charge on and off the ice. In October, the Aeros defenseman contributed to the teamís partnership with the Humane Society, encouraging fans to get out and adopt homeless dogs and cats. The Manitoba native also led the way in November, spearheading the teamís efforts in MOVEMBER, where the players grow moustaches for charity to raise awareness for cancers that affect men. In December, he was instrumental in getting the entire team to go out to the Texas Childrenís Hospital.

The Aeros defenseman also helped the team partner with the Houston Aeros Booster Club to support the Kids Unlimited Foundation. Kids Unlimited Foundation is a non-profit organization formed to benefit children stricken with cancer. In March, the Aeros captain led the charge by providing Aeros autographed memorabilia for a silent auction. On top of auction items, Bagnall grabbed a collection of donations on behalf of the players to add to the Fundraising Event hosted by the booster club. In all, the event raised over $9,500 for Kids Unlimited. Bagnall and his teammates also attended an Easter Event for Kids Unlimited, which included over 50 children. He has regularly helped facilitate player appearances and has gone on numerous school visits with his teammates.

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Good addition for Rochester. I'm glad to see Darcy make a move like this in the first day of free agency for a change.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Dubi Doo

Great signing for the Amerks. All the reports I read say he's a warrior and has character. That's exactly the type of signing I was hoping for.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:38 PM
hizzoner

A sensible and badly needed move. Rochester deserves some decent experienced guys to both teach and to get some wins.

hizzoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:52 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Signing another LHD for the top club would also help, since then if McNabb doesn't earn a spot he would be the "other" LHD in Rochester (and the Sabres could have even pairs).
Potentially also gives BUF an option to trade a RHD to another contending club with injuries for a forward prospect they covet. Although I'm sure that wasn't BUF's strategy / motivation for this signing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Love the t-shirt!!!

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:53 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Potentially also gives BUF an option to trade a RHD to another contending club with injuries for a forward prospect they covet. Although I'm sure that wasn't BUF's strategy / motivation for this signing.

Love the t-shirt!!!
PBR me ASAP !?!

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote