HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs sign Fournier

Old
07-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Rysmo

vCash: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Basically trade yesterday ends up being Fournier and Parros for Lefebrve and a 7th since we opened up another contract spot... looks good to me.
What? No. Parros filled that contract.

Rysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Undrafted overager, these guys rarely pan out. 6'3 212 pound captain of the Memorial Cup winners has some intrigue though.
I wouldn't hold my breath that he's NHL quality, but the upside is there and at the very least he has AHL potential, something we could use. Think of him as an upgrade on Lefebvre.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal961 View Post
Looks good to me. The only question is whether he will play for Hamilton, or Wheeling. Wheeling i would think, no?
Hamilton I bet:

Leblanc
Bournival
Holland
Thomas
Quailer
Nattinen
Blunden
Andrighetto likely gets signed

Those are the only forwards who are in the organization who are candidates to be in Hamilton this fall. Dumont is waiver eligible and I doubt the Habs take the risk.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnapVirus

Fournier captain of Memorial Cup winner = Winner.

Fucale and Fournier on the team? Are we trying to attract Mackinnon and Drouin when they'll be UFA.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Could be that I'm slow, but how did trading Lefebvre for Parros and a draft pick open up a roster spot?
I mean mainly in regards to the 50 contract limit, after we sign our RFAs and some help for Hamilton we'll likely be pretty close to the 50 contract limit. Getting rid of Lefebrve who had absolutely no future here and was taking up a contract spot helps in that regard.

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post

Fucale and Fournier on the team? Are we trying to attract Mackinnon and Drouin when they'll be UFA.
MacAuley was part of the mooseheads, too. He was also teammates with Beaulieu, too.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:50 PM
ChoseLa

He was the invite i wanted signed, he was the guy from the Q i wanted invited in the first place. He needs to work on his skating a lot. Heart and soul player with a goal scoring touch.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:53 PM
FireBergevin
it's go time

Thank you, Shane Churla.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Habs Fan 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
I mean mainly in regards to the 50 contract limit, after we sign our RFAs and some help for Hamilton we'll likely be pretty close to the 50 contract limit. Getting rid of Lefebrve who had absolutely no future here and was taking up a contract spot helps in that regard.
I agree with you. Lefebvre was a waste of a contract right now, so being able to include him in the Parros deal yesterday was actually a bonus for us.

Even if I doubt he will make it to the NHL one day, Fournier is big and is a good overage signing.

Habs Fan 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:56 PM
NOBLE27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post

Ooh I like your thinking.....but I know it is only a dream

NOBLE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Roz

Quote:
I forgot the poster, but someone who watches the Mooseheads said they remembered a game where a player went after MacKinnon, Fournier stepped in and after the fight MacKinnon gave Fournier a big hug and the team (Mooseheads) were all pumped.
Game 2 vs. Baie-Comeau in the QMJHL finals. Really emotional game as it was potentially the last home game for the Mooseheads that season (the series ended up going five games, so they won it at home).

Fournier was the first star in that game - he scored a goal and got ejected after standing up for Nate.

This video shows both his goal from that game and when he stood up for Nate. After they finish showing the replays of the goal, watch the top of the screen to see Nate getting roughed up away from the play. Marty Frk points out whats going on to Fournier and he jumps in. Not shown: the "FOURNIER!" chant echoing through the building after he got ejected.

The end of this video shows the crowd erupting when he was named first star.

I'm really thrilled the Habs are giving him a real shot. He was a true journeyman in the Q - he played for Acadie-Bathurst, Lewiston, and Victoriaville before he finally found his stride in Halifax. His play in the playoffs really cemented his legacy here and we're really going to miss him. He's definitely a long-shot to make the NHL but he's all heart and will do anything and everything to help his team win. A lot of people don't realize that it was Fournier - not Nate, Drouin, or Frk - who scored the most goals in the playoffs for Halifax. For me, there were probably five guys on the Mooseheads who could've been given the Q Playoffs MVP - Fournier is one definitely one of them.

Despite all that, he's probably most famous for giving Drouin a mid-celly smack on the lips.

Roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:01 PM
NOBLE27

Stefan Fournier finally finds his place with Mooseheads.....very interesting story

http://metronews.ca/sports/620523/st...th-mooseheads/

NOBLE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Very good signing, again, for what it is. Great size, local kid, very good first day at camp, clearly he had other good days....but it's not only that, they do take into consideration his junior years. Great help for the Dogs and possible callup for the future. Very good signing indeed.

Of course, people, don't put him in your Habs starting lineup for October...not what this signing is all about. But very good news indeed.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I like this signing. Suggested drafting him late last year and signing him last off season. Solid all around player with size and good character guy. May not amount to anything but a good FA signing, definitely worth a contract.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Strifee

Saw him play over here in Halifax. Guy works hard and is a good leader. I like this signing.

Strifee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:07 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I'm a fan of Fournier, good signing.

Big, strong, hard working player AND he can fight. Pretty good scorer too, but I don't see him becoming point producer in the NHL.
He's 21, invite him to camp! Maybe he bunks with and can become the next Parros. I prefer a young homegrown goon to an old old goon, at a younger age they can still skate. We can dream, no?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Forsead

I really like this signing, this is how you get good portential NHL grinders without using of draft picks.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:10 PM
TA1 Sports
@TA_Stephenson

This. Is. Awesome.

If Stef can improve his skating by a good margin, there's no reason why he can't carve out an NHL roll down the road, for now, solid AHL addition! The moment Fournier became a legend in Halifax...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0cOrBYQEUk

The hug at center ice, the standing ovation as he left the ice, and the several minutes after he was gone that 10,495 fans cheered "Fournier, Fournier!"

Last edited by TA1 Sports: 07-06-2013 at 05:41 PM.
TA1 Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:13 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
Stefan Fournier finally finds his place with Mooseheads.....very interesting story

http://metronews.ca/sports/620523/st...th-mooseheads/
Sounds like a less talented version of Kyle Chipchura. All heart and character, not much talent.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:17 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

I will readily admit I did not know anything about him, but after checking some stats and videos he seems like an intriguing prospect. Good pickup without losing any assets.

bravo

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Habs

But does he have character?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
We should sign Stephen MacAulay and Matt Murphy too !!

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
He's 21, invite him to camp! Maybe he bunks with and can become the next Parros. I prefer a young homegrown goon to an old old goon, at a younger age they can still skate. We can dream, no?
He has more of a chance of being a Clarkson or Clowe than a Parros. He will drop the gloves but won't be an NHL HW, however he could develop into a guy that uses his size well down low with smaller guys and he has the skill to pot 15-20. Not saying HE WILL BECOME that but Clarkson was also a non drafted FA.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
But does he have character?
Tons of character. The Bulldogs/Nailers will have almost as much character as the Habs at this rate.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 1337
He is tough along the boards , especially behind the net. He sacrifices the body to stand in front of the net to make plays. He skates hard on the offensive and defensive sides of the game. He sticks up for his team mates. He was a very good leader on the Halifax Mooseheads and Co-Captained the team. I will be rooting for him to make it to the big show someone day. He should be a great addition to Hamilton. He's a winner and a great character.

Killahpunk is offline   Reply With Quote