HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

met laraque at the game

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 04:29 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

vCash: 500
met laraque at the game

i was at the isles-oil game last night. another chance to remember the fading glory of the early 80's. oh well, i'm over it. some quick thoughts, are these:
- the game was the oil's for the taking. the isles looked flat for 40 of 60 minutes. they fortunately (for me) turned it on when they had to.
-the teams traded gift goals (martinek's and cross' so i guess all's fair that ends fair)
- i think oleg kvasha had more big hits on the isles (2) than anyone other than torres. nice game from the little buzzsaw (torres).
- oates has seen better days and could be called a waste of $, but i don;t see him regularly enough; you decide
- hemsky looked annoyed but was consistently taken out of the play
- the isles know to leave brad alone, and he'll leave the oppostion alone, so he was his usual self.
- ulanov was the best d-man for the oil most of the night

i saw georges laraque in the stands and had a little chat with him. he signed my stub in fact. he's pleasant enough. said he was out with a banged up finger (i said it probably came from beating someone over the head and he just smiled). i also asked what he meant by saying he'd retire if he was traded from edmonton. his reply was something like he made the statement to show how much he loves edmonton, but he's not so stupid to actually retire were he to be traded. he's a young guy. (i thought that made obvious sense, but of course, i couldn't resist asking anyway.)

Old
01-09-2004, 07:44 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Good ol' Georges. I honestly think he's one of the best guys in the game, off the ice. It's too bad he's given us so little on-ice to get excited about this year. It's hard to be mad at the guy, and thinking about trading him makes me feel almost guilty.

Old
01-09-2004, 07:51 AM
jadeddog

yeah me too.... i think that it would be in edmontons best interest and maybe BGs best interest as well, to trade him and let him have a fresh start..... but he just seems to be SUCH a nice person, that i feel bad for thinking that

Old
01-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Why Dont we trade him to the Eskimoes for Future Considerations? that way he can stay here and continue on with his radio show. Imagine him publing guys like Dave Dickenson and Danny Mcmanus, lol.

Old
01-09-2004, 10:31 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
yeah me too.... i think that it would be in edmontons best interest and maybe BGs best interest as well, to trade him and let him have a fresh start..... but he just seems to be SUCH a nice person, that i feel bad for thinking that
I keep hearing that, too, and he seems like a really nice guy in interviews & such, but he wasn't anything like that at Safeway back in September, and the cashier I talked to said he's there quite often and is usually kind of a jerk...

I think his community involvement and profile has softened some of the criticism that could have been directed his way, but Lowe might be nearing the end of his rope with him after all these years of untapped potential. Hard to say if he'd want to trade him before the playoffs (!?) or wait until draft day or whatever...

Bart

Closed Thread