HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL [Jets re-sign Little/Wheeler/Bogosian]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2013, 03:04 PM
  #476
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
What makes you think they wanted a defenseman? They got two forwards in the deal, and they already have a defenseman like DZ in Fowler.
It was widely reported that they were looking for a dman and/or a 2nd line center.

Championship* is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 03:10 PM
  #477
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
why would ducks want defenders when they have Fowler, Sbisa, Lindholm, Theodore and Vatanen down the pipeline? Much thinner at center and at wings.

And they got an elite wing prospect in Silfverberg, a good C prospect in Noesen.


Last edited by Kershaw: 07-06-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 03:51 PM
  #478
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Yokohama
Country: United States
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
alfie leaving ottawa...uncool.

egelband is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:04 PM
  #479
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,007
vCash: 500
I guess all of the GMs are enjoying the weekend?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:11 PM
  #480
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
why would ducks want defenders when they have Fowler, Sbisa, Lindholm, Theodore and Vatanen down the pipeline? Much thinner at center and at wings.

And they got an elite wing prospect in Silfverberg, a good C prospect in Noesen.
Noesen isn't a center

Championship* is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:12 PM
  #481
RangersChamps2417
Registered User
 
RangersChamps2417's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Just got back from a 9 day cruise. Crazy stuff.

I love what the Rangers have done, and I'm glad that Clowe wasn't resigned for that deal that the Devils gave him.

The team that I think has improved are the Islanders. I think that Clutterbuck, PMB and Regin are all gonna be very useful to them

RangersChamps2417 is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:28 PM
  #482
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
The Devils have pretty much guaranteed that their 1st rounder wont be a lottery pick by stacking their roster with old, slow veterans.

So in that regard, hats off to Lou for making the Devils a playoff team again.

But that organization is a mess from an asset standpoint.
I think a bubble team is more likely.

Especially if they lose Zidlicky because their defense is awful in providing ANY offense.

But it is comical watching them chest thump just because they were able to sign a washed up Clowe to a crazy deal while getting Ryder on good terms.

JR#9* is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:33 PM
  #483
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
http://www.yahoo.com/news/elisha-cut...us-weekly.html

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:38 PM
  #484
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
This is hilarious.

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2013...ody-nhl-satire

Quote:
Rumors about everybody being on the trading block began popping up at the end of last season. The Flyers have coveted everybody for quite some time, and could be willing to part with anybody in order to acquire everybody. The source claims general manager Paul Holmgren is under orders from owner Ed Snider to win now, which could force Holmgren to make a play for everybody.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:41 PM
  #485
Block More Shots
Registered User
 
Block More Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
What do you guys think about going for Damien Brunner?

I'm iffy as to signing more players, considering we may want to see some youth injected into the lineup, but Brunner could easily put up 20+ goals. From what I've seen of him, he's not exactly physical, but he's pretty good with the puck and uses his finesse to work around the opposition. I wonder if he'd manage alright in a 2nd/3rd line winger role with extended PP time.

His drop-off after the first 10-12 games is concerning...but he could provide some much needed secondary scoring.

Block More Shots is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:42 PM
  #486
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
I think a bubble team is more likely.

Especially if they lose Zidlicky because their defense is awful in providing ANY offense.

But it is comical watching them chest thump just because they were able to sign a washed up Clowe to a crazy deal while getting Ryder on good terms.
The only thing funnier than watching the devil fans screaming and hopping mad when someone (especially us) signs one of their free agents out from under their nose because they can't afford it is to watching them crow that they signed one of our guys to a big contract that we couldn't care less about.

Mr Atoz* is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:43 PM
  #487
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,554
vCash: 500
Maybe Sathers done...

Brad Boyes

Derek Roy


Still available.... Buteo they have a roll on NYR?

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 05:20 PM
  #488
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Wait until this offseason when Callahan gets a contract heading into FA as a UFA. Callahan's agent had little to no leverage in RFA contract, which he previously signed from. I suspect 6mil at the very least if he tests open market.
True, but a bit besides my point. Clarkson and Val Filppula getting the contracts they did is absolutely ridiculous, even with the free agent mark up. GMs make moves just to make moves, and it shows how incompetent some of the guys running these multi-million dollar franchises really are.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 05:46 PM
  #489
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
I think a bubble team is more likely.

Especially if they lose Zidlicky because their defense is awful in providing ANY offense.

But it is comical watching them chest thump just because they were able to sign a washed up Clowe to a crazy deal while getting Ryder on good terms.
So now Clowe is washed up? Why? Because you say so? He may not be worth the money he got but you can be sure Lamoriello did his due dilligence before signing him and not for nothing, Lamoriello forgot more about being a great GM than "The Teflon GM" will ever remember!

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 05:51 PM
  #490
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,950
vCash: 500

JohnC is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 05:58 PM
  #491
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
So now Clowe is washed up? Why? Because you say so? He may not be worth the money he got but you can be sure Lamoriello did his due dilligence before signing him and not for nothing, Lamoriello forgot more about being a great GM than "The Teflon GM" will ever remember!
I'm sure Lou did his due diligence in signing Volchenkov and Talinder too. He's not immune to bad signings.

Also, Clowe is one concussion away from having scrambled eggs for brains. He's older and he's lost a step. Good player, but ignoring those two things is going to get you nowhere.

Championship* is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 06:01 PM
  #492
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
Maybe Sathers done...

Brad Boyes

Derek Roy


Still available.... Buteo they have a roll on NYR?
Roy was signed by the blues.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 06:02 PM
  #493
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
I'm sure Lou did his due diligence in signing Volchenkov and Talinder too. He's not immune to bad signings.

Also, Clowe is one concussion away from having scrambled eggs for brains. He's older and he's lost a step. Good player, but ignoring those two things is going to get you nowhere.
Sather trades a questionable price for Clowe = stupid old "Teflon GM"!!

Lou signs Clowe to bad contract = He's a better GM than the "Teflon GM" (!!) so I'm sure he did his homework!!

I don't like Sather as much as the next guy but jesus

JohnC is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 06:10 PM
  #494
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
13 years and still gets no blame for anything. The Teflon GM still needs to address scoring

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 06:44 PM
  #495
Lindberg Cheese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
So now Clowe is washed up? Why? Because you say so? He may not be worth the money he got but you can be sure Lamoriello did his due dilligence before signing him and not for nothing, Lamoriello forgot more about being a great GM than "The Teflon GM" will ever remember!
Cloewes not washed up, just a long term injury risk like 25% of the other players in this league. Shocked he got that contract and if he went out of conf i would rout for the guy. Like him a lot and shame we couldnt hold on to him. Now he' s a devil and should be treated accordingly, slight regard, contempt, etc.

Lindberg Cheese is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 07:08 PM
  #496
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
13 years and still gets no blame for anything. The Teflon GM still needs to address scoring
He get's plenty of blame, doesn't make that a nickname any less obnoxious.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 07:18 PM
  #497
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,739
vCash: 500
The Devils' contract for Clowe seems to be absurd, but thats about to play out.

We already know that Sather's trade for Clowe is in the trash pail category.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 07:29 PM
  #498
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 78,274
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
The only thing funnier than watching the devil fans screaming and hopping mad when someone (especially us) signs one of their free agents out from under their nose because they can't afford it is to watching them crow that they signed one of our guys to a big contract that we couldn't care less about.
It's hilarious that their fans will defend the signing to the death because it's Lou. I posted up on the main board that they had two very good signings (Olesz and Ryder) and one horrible one (Clowe) and a number of insane ones started freaking out.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
ECL is online now  
Old
07-06-2013, 09:57 PM
  #499
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,418
vCash: 500
Clowe is probably still good for 40 points over 82 games. It's just that $4.85M per seems a tad high for that amount of production.

n8 is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 09:59 PM
  #500
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
63 pts per season for richards over last 6 seasons.

66 pts per season for Ribs over the last 6 seasons.

Someone said my math was sloppy ehe I said ribs had better numbers than richards.

Interesting
Your math is sloppy because you're acting like all seasons are created equal. Use Games Played or PPG instead.

MetalGodAOD* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.