HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stop being so negative !

Old
07-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
He's signed to 4 years. No matter how you try to spin it, the deal makes absolutely no sense.

Blah, blah blah.. People can't stop whining. 60-point scorers get four year deals...deal with it.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:08 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Blah, blah blah.. People can't stop whining. 60-point scorers get four year deals...deal with it.
Imagine if he actually keeps progressing (unreal of for a 26yr old guy that basically just made the league, I know ) and gets great numbers in these 4 years...

Actually forget it, it won't be funny. These guys will want to trade Gallagher as soon as he has a slightly underwhelming season instead. I wonder when the first ''trade Galchenyuk'' posts are going to appear? They are inevitable, it will happen. Its happened with all of our current core players (even Subban and Price all the time for ****'s sake)

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
Aside from a neat kick save, Ryder ain't no playoff hero.

Once Briere rounds into form he'll click with guys like Gallagher for 30goals, 30assists easily. Then he'll be even better in the playoffs.

Sleeper move of the summer. Book it.
I would've thought in order to be dubbed a playoff hero you would actually need to win something. I guess I was wrong. He's been on numerous teams that were considered contenders and yet only once have his heroics even brought him close to the cup. Whereas a guy like Ryder has his cup ring.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:09 PM
ValorJames

vCash: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
You call Collberg overrated based solely on this seasons stats yet you overlook the glorified Michael Ryder clone in Bobby Ryan and the fact that Anaheim has been trying to move this floater forever.

Ryan was absolutely terrible last season and has only broke 70 points once in his career despite prime icetime with two of the best players in the game. He was removed from the big line last year because of his poor play and Getzlaf had a bounce back season......coincidence?
Where there is smoke...there is fire. It is very true what you say about Ryan. His name has been in trade rumours for over 2 years. I think Ott panic after Alfie moved onto Det. I really believe this trade will haunt Ott fans for years to come.

NOW THAT IS POSITIVE

ValorJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
While at the same time the teams #1 defenceman only gets a 2 year deal. It's definitely an odd strategy.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
So it does not bother you that MB did precisely the opposite of what he said he would do ( try to make the team by signing UFA rentals and make the team harder to play against) because he has till October to reverse this back step and have us end somewhere near where we were last year?

I have to ask, how did that work out to us? Also holding a GM to his publically stated plan to make this team better is not being negative, its holding management accountable. That's a bad thing now?
He signed a UFA in Briere who has been one of the leading playoff scorers the past four years. He traded for one of the league's heavyweights. These moves will make the team "tougher to play against". He still has another 100 days or so to make further changes if he can.

This place is literally a joke. The Habs were second in the eastern conference...you expected a complete turnover? The day trading began..you wanted him to "give away" Desharnais just for the sake of getting rid of him? Now that's asset management! Glad that you and all of the other whiners on here have nothing to do with the club...it would be run into the ground with Houle panic-type moves. I'll say this one more time - 100 days before the season starts.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:18 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Thing is that the smart, reasonable, thoughtful poster are drowned out by the constant drone of the whiners, posting, almost like they're copy- pasting their posts 'trade this loser', 'trade that midget'. This board's poll generally represent that.

Thus team is a work in progress, GMMB took a team with decent players and ****** prospects. No amount of overpaying for players in trades or FA will change that. accute drafting and trading will change that, and that takes time.

Anyways, I spend half my time on here raging on the bipolar *****es on here so whatever. it is the inability of you know which posters to sit back and think before mashing their ******** fingers on their ******** keyboards to tell their ******** opinions tht drives me up the wall. I just wish they were less numerous...

Anyways, judging by this year's FA frenzy, this team is in good hands.

Patence *****es

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:33 PM
sandysan

Quote:
He signed a UFA in Briere who has been one of the leading playoff scorers the past four years. He traded for one of the league's heavyweights. These moves will make the team "tougher to play against". He still has another 100 days or so to make further changes if he can. Take off the half empty whining glasses and relax for a bloody change.

This place is literally a joke. The Habs were second in the eastern conference...you expected a complete turnover? The day trading began..you wanted him to "give away" Desharnais just for the sake of getting rid of him? Now that's asset management! Glad that you and all of the other whiners on here have nothing to do with the club...it would be run into the ground with Houle panic-type moves. I'll say this one more time - 100 days before the season starts.
If you think signing shrimpy briere makes us harder to play against, we have nothing to talk about. We could have signed a ton of enforcers last year, we don't need 5 to 6 minute guys who dress every second game. We need guys with size and jam to take regular shifts.

Danny briere's playoff free did not occur in a vacuum, his success was always with big banging teammates, which WE don't have. So not only is it reasonable to expect that his production will go down it also takes a roster spot away from a guy who can help the other undersized forwards that ARE going to be here in 2 years.

When you recognize a dificiency, you don't solve anything but getting more of the same problems. We were 4th in scoring last year, we don't need more scoring. Watch the Ottawa series and tell me if a one dimensional softer would have changed our fortunes. We got pushed around by the gd Ottawa senators, getting smaller and softer with a player who is abysmal defensively is just not the answer.

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:40 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Waaaaaaaaaa

Old
07-06-2013, 12:45 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Negative in the Positive thread!

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:48 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
You and your obsession that people here hate french canadian players. Chill dude. Nobody here has even talk about Briere being a french canadian except you.

People here hate the signing because Briere snubbed us before and also the fact that he's another midget that doesn't fill a urgent need.
I said myself before the signing that Brière was not really the kind of player we needed the most now, because of size issues. But in the end, we still added talent at a reasonable price and it improves the team. I can understand people saying that we would be better with Horton or Clarkson, but the price tag is totally insane. In the end, the team is still better than 3 days ago, and as a fan, I'm happy anytime the team improves.

Also, the summer is far from over.

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 07-06-2013 at 01:23 PM.
DDs not undersized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:50 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Well first round exit does that to you. Or 20 years of losing.

Also, we do wait to see how we do and being negative the summer is the results of that. Disappointment about last playoffs or non/playoffs. It's been 20 years, you're still not used to it?
Disagree. Every team except Chicago has reasons to be pissed off this summer. Boston won a few years ago and almost won this year, yet their fan base has reasons to be unhappy. Trading Seguin? Signing Iggy?

I think the negativity starts from a few clowns who think they're clever. And the mods let it happen and sometimes even participate themselves. It's turned into who thinks they're the most clever moron board instead of actual hockey discussion. How do I know this? If you post on other boards for other sports you see the mods actually stopping this sort of thing.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:56 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Since the positive thread is beginning to be derailed by the same crying/negative (as all the other threads), thought I would post this. Substitute hockey for Baseball and enjoy!

Last edited by danisonfire: 07-06-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old
07-06-2013, 01:01 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Disagree. Every team except Chicago has reasons to be pissed off this summer. Boston won a few years ago and almost won this year, yet their fan base has reasons to be unhappy. Trading Seguin? Signing Iggy?

I think the negativity starts from a few clowns who think they're clever. And the mods let it happen and sometimes even participate themselves. It's turned into who thinks they're the most clever moron board instead of actual hockey discussion. How do I know this? If you post on other boards for other sports you see the mods actually stopping this sort of thing.
You don't have to be clever to realize our lack of size and grit is a major problem and that getting smaller and softer is not the answer or the right direction. Throw in the fact that we were4th in scoring last year signing a player who is abysmal defensively does not require deep insight.You just have to not be delusional.

Danny briere is a consolation prize for not signing VL, if VL had not been bought out I suspect we don't get stuck with him because what little he has to offer, we don't need.

But perhaps playing in mtl will finally unleash the power forward in DB that been struggling to get out for the last 20 years. Because he has till October to fundamentally change the way he plays and grow another half foot.

Old
07-06-2013, 01:56 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monctonscout View Post
cups are not won and lost on the free agent frenzy day...not by a longshot.

Yes a team can help itself but very rarely is it by overpaying for average players.
day 1 of this frenzy = stupid signings and whining a year later

95% of these players wont make a difference at all

the devils are drafting top 10 agaion so why spend like a drunk on clowe is horton going to last 4 more years in this league

mb did the right thing, he learned from our cole signing

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:00 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
If you think signing shrimpy briere makes us harder to play against, we have nothing to talk about. We could have signed a ton of enforcers last year, we don't need 5 to 6 minute guys who dress every second game. We need guys with size and jam to take regular shifts.

Danny briere's playoff free did not occur in a vacuum, his success was always with big banging teammates, which WE don't have. So not only is it reasonable to expect that his production will go down it also takes a roster spot away from a guy who can help the other undersized forwards that ARE going to be here in 2 years.

When you recognize a dificiency, you don't solve anything but getting more of the same problems. We were 4th in scoring last year, we don't need more scoring. Watch the Ottawa series and tell me if a one dimensional softer would have changed our fortunes. We got pushed around by the gd Ottawa senators, getting smaller and softer with a player who is abysmal defensively is just not the answer.
:y o:

BEAUTIFUL POST AND ITS NOT ABOUIT NEGATIVITY

ITS ABOUT BEING REALISTIC

WE WILL HARD PRESSED TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR

DETROIT ,BOSTON OTTAWA COME OUT OF OUR CONFERENCE SO WE NEED A WILDCARD BASED ON POINTS ...

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
It's not a play-off team, You never win with small Centre's! Come on guys have we become happy with just being OK in regular Season? Seriously!!!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:51 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player 61 View Post
It's not a play-off team, You never win with small Centre's! Come on guys have we become happy with just being OK in regular Season? Seriously!!!
Congrats, you win dumbest post of this young day

Old
07-06-2013, 03:32 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Congrats, you win dumbest post of this young day
Yeah calling people who have different opinion than you dumb is such an amazing coup de force.

Since you seem to be self- referentially authorative, please oh please explain to me what a marshmallow soft midget, at the tail end of his career who is abysmal defensively brings to a team that were 4th in the league in scoring, played terrible defense the last two weeks ( and fell ass backward into 2nd place) and then got manhandled by that physical juggernaut that is the gd Ottawa senators.

Don't tell me playoff clutchness ( he is at best a wash ), don't tell me leadership ( he's getting shown the doors immediately at the end of his contract), what does he bring that makes the team better?
Do you think we will be better next year than last if we don't make any more moves? If so by what metrics?

My guess is that all the people defending this signing will be the first to offer excuses if it goes south. I'm willing to admit it if it goes better, is like to eat crow on it but I just don't see it.

Old
07-06-2013, 03:32 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
While at the same time the teams #1 defenceman only gets a 2 year deal. It's definitely an odd strategy.
Good point.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Briere is here for 2 years. What is the problem?
Problem is the move didn't make any ****ing sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
People are negative every summer, its getting old. Why not wait and see how they do?
You know what's getting old? Seeing the same damn thing over and over. Top UFA shun us so we go for the leftovers... usually small soft forwards and try to build our teams this way. And what's worse is that I thought we'd learned our lesson.

Samsonov, Gomez, Gionta, Briere... 20 years of losing and doing the same thing over and over. That's ****ing old dude. If the team doesn't want to be ripped, then stop making ****ing dumb moves.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

But the negatives were right, right around this time last year: Habs didn't make the playoffs and were bottom feeders all season long

... oh wait.

Seriously though, the negatives will persist up until the very last second before Habs win the Cup. That's what some Habs fans do best. They want their Cup right here right now. They don't understand that building a team needs several years. They don't understand that signing Briere for 2 years is just a stopgap until the youngsters reach maturity, those youngsters that will form the core. By then, Danny boy, whom some people here have been mad about, will be a non-factor in the equation.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 03:42 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:
Yeah calling people who have different opinion than you dumb is such an amazing coup de force.

Since you seem to be self- referentially authorative, please oh please explain to me what a marshmallow soft midget, at the tail end of his career who is abysmal defensively brings to a team that were 4th in the league in scoring, played terrible defense the last two weeks ( and fell ass backward into 2nd place) and then got manhandled by that physical juggernaut that is the gd Ottawa senators.

Don't tell me playoff clutchness ( he is at best a wash ), don't tell me leadership ( he's getting shown the doors immediately at the end of his contract), what does he bring that makes the team better?
Do you think we will be better next year than last if we don't make any more moves? If so by what metrics?

My guess is that all the people defending this signing will be the first to offer excuses if it goes south. I'm willing to admit it if it goes better, is like to eat crow on it but I just don't see it.
Can I eat him? I think the problem is extreme exaggeration for both sides. We get that you are not happy, but this is the stop being negative thread! I have been defending this trade and if it goes south I will say the same thing I do now. It is a 2 year contract that does not hurt our ability to sign players or free agents if we need too. We will be under the cap floor before resignings next year start. If it works, great, if it doesn't oh well. Glad we didn't sign a few of the other 5-7 year contracts. Those could have seriously hurt us in the long term. In the short term we are not really a cup contender anyways.

Old
07-06-2013, 03:44 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Problem is the move didn't make any ****ing sense.

You know what's getting old? Seeing the same damn thing over and over. Top UFA shun us so we go for the leftovers... usually small soft forwards and try to build our teams this way. And what's worse is that I thought we'd learned our lesson.

Samsonov, Gomez, Gionta, Briere... 20 years of losing and doing the same thing over and over. That's ****ing old dude. If the team doesn't want to be ripped, then stop making ****ing dumb moves.
They usually shun 29 other teams as well in the process, only one team can sign each guy. I would love all the best players on MTL, sometimes it isn't realistic. Lets agree to hope our prospects continue to improve!

Old
07-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

With so many bonafide experts lying around here, it's surprising how the Habs didn't pluck some away to use their great minds at building a cup winner.

They probably had too much character, it didn't fit with the Habs, and neither through the doorway when they tried to enter management, they just couldn't pass...

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote