HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines for next season

Old
07-06-2013, 01:48 PM
roseyc

vCash: 500
With all the talent we supposedly have in our system and we couldn't get a Bobby Ryan which would have solved a lot of our scoring issues. Ryan and Wilson was match I think could have done wonders but we don't like players like that. Does that mean other teams don't think our farm system is all that like we are being told by current management

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
With all the talent we supposedly have in our system and we couldn't get a Bobby Ryan which would have solved a lot of our scoring issues. Ryan and Wilson was match I think could have done wonders but we don't like players like that. Does that mean other teams don't think our farm system is all that like we are being told by current management
We probably could have beaten Ottawa's offer, but it wouldn't be worth it. They gave up a LOT. A comparable offer would be like Forsberg + Leipsic + 2014 1st.

And if I'm Anaheim, I take Silvferberg over Forsberg and prefer to send Ryan out East.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:20 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Bourque on the second and third lines. Nice. I think we have enough forward to not double shift him. Lol.
Haha I edited one line and forgot to edit the other

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

With these signings I think Forsberg, Watson and Beck all start in Milwaukee and are injury call-ups. Not a bad thing. I'm high on all those guys, but now may not be their time.

I think Stalberg and Cullen will be on the second line. Who with, I'm not sure. I'd be surprised if Clune wasnt a regular player on the team this year. I think Clune-Gaustad-Nystrom is the ideal 4th line, with Hendricks being a 3rd liner. No issues with that.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
If everyone of those regular players plays to his potential, we'll get 240 goals. How I've broken that down is:

25-20-30
15-25-25
15-15-15
5-5-5

15-10
5-5
5-0
Good freaking G-d, hon, that's insane. If I evaluated the Jackets at "full potential" like that, I'd be declaring them a 300-goal team.

Maybe tone it down just a tad? 220 might be more reasonable.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 04:06 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
that scenario might be one in which he would waive, if we were clearly going to have to do a full rebuild.... but thats a far cry from asking him to waive to go to a rebuliding Buffalo this summer as you suggested
I meant that if we trade him now to Sabres he will be traded at DL again as a rental.
While in Nashville no chance of that as we will grind to the last game for PO

Sorry should've made it clear the first post

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 04:11 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Here is a little scoop from me on our farm forward development program:

I would not get my hopes high on Beck, Forsberg or any other offensive kid in this organization.

In 4 year following Preds we only had 2 who stayed reliable: Wilson and Bourque.
Although Wilson took 4 years to get with the program.

This team all about D and we only depelop D and DF.

Outside of Hartnell and Erat I can't recall anyone else that we develop to a true top liner.

This can't be overlooked. That is a huge problem.

Old
07-06-2013, 04:20 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

If you are going to put Hartnell in the group of top liners the team has produced, why are you glossing over Radulov, who is obviously skilled enough to play on a top line, and Hornqvist, who has a slightly higher career PPG than does Hartnell? Hell, we can keep going. Legwand has a higher career PPG than Hartnell as well. We didn't draft Peverley, but we developed him. He had a career PPG about even with Hartnell.

So by your own example of top line players developed by Nashville, the list should include Hartnell, Erat, Legwand, Radulov, Hornqvist and Peverley. That's two top lines drafted and developed. Not nearly as glib as you make it out to be, tserberis

Old
07-06-2013, 04:33 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
If you are going to put Hartnell in the group of top liners the team has produced, why are you glossing over Radulov, who is obviously skilled enough to play on a top line, and Hornqvist, who has a slightly higher career PPG than does Hartnell? Hell, we can keep going. Legwand has a higher career PPG than Hartnell as well. We didn't draft Peverley, but we developed him. He had a career PPG about even with Hartnell.

So by your own example of top line players developed by Nashville, the list should include Hartnell, Erat, Legwand, Radulov, Hornqvist and Peverley. That's two top lines drafted and developed. Not nearly as glib as you make it out to be, tserberis
Ok, you convinced me: Preds developed only ONE true first liner ! One!

And 3 mediocre second liners! In how many years??? Joke...

Can't give you Radulov. Was developed before he got here.

Old
07-06-2013, 04:35 PM
maplepred

We need a sniper. First like pivot. Add in a guy like vanek or Kane, along with hornqvist, Wilson, and potentially beck. We are not that bad, still not great offensively but a helluva better shot at making playoffs then we currently are.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 04:46 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post

I would not get my hopes high on Beck, Forsberg or any other offensive kid in this organization.

In 4 year following Preds we only had 2 who stayed reliable: Wilson and Bourque.

Outside of Hartnell and Erat I can't recall anyone else that we develop to a true top liner.

You are misrepresenting history. We have only had a few players who we drafted who you could reasonably expect to develop into "top" forwards. That would be Legwand, hartnell,upshall,radulov,and wilson. Those have turned out pretty well. I'm sorry you can't blame our system for shishkanov and ppivko from becoming staRs

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 04:49 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Ok, you convinced me: Preds developed only ONE true first liner ! One!

And 3 mediocre second liners! In how many years??? Joke...

Ah changing the perimeters now are we?

Old
07-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
We need a sniper. First like pivot. Add in a guy like vanek or Kane, along with hornqvist, Wilson, and potentially beck. We are not that bad, still not great offensively but a helluva better shot at making playoffs then we currently are.
Kane and his 9.5% career shooting percentage is a sniper now? Vanek is really a more skilled PWF type. Gets a lot of grunge goals, despite having the skill to shoot as well. He'd be a good fit, but he's just not worth the assets when he's going to jump ship at the end of the season.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Ah changing the perimeters now are we?
G-ddamnit, TMI, now we're all going to have to readjust our perceptions of who's capable of what. All because YOU BUCKED THE SYSTEM.

Old
07-06-2013, 06:04 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:
Huh? That makes no sense. All prospects "develop" until they are drafted and make an NHL squad. Very weak argument.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:17 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Huh? That makes no sense. All prospects "develop" until they are drafted and make an NHL squad. Very weak argument.
for real.

To be 100% honest, Radulov is still developing.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:29 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Nah, Radulov was drafted ready. Didn't need any seasoning in the Minors unlike the rest of them..

Old
07-06-2013, 06:31 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
for real.

To be 100% honest, Radulov is still developing.

Watch him try to come back after Sochi to Denver...

Old
07-06-2013, 06:35 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:

Watch him try to come back after Sochi to Denver...
Lucky me then. Id get to watch a core of Duchene, PA Parenteau, Mackinnon, Lanskendog, ROR, and Radulov tear up the preds 6 times a year

either way Ill still attending a few of their games even without radulov

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:40 PM
jhaf1210

Quote:

Don't forget Hornqvist, may not be a true Top 6, but he was the last player taken in the draft and has 30 goal season under his belt.

jhaf1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Nah, Radulov was drafted ready. Didn't need any seasoning in the Minors unlike the rest of them..
So I take it that if Barkov had actually fallen to #4 as originally hoped and made the Preds out of camp that he would have constituted someone who "developed elsewhere" and was "drafted ready" and therefore proof that forward problems can never be solved until Poile has been sacrificed old-fashioned Aztec style to the hockey gods, right?

Really, hon. This is getting silly.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:01 PM
maplepred

How about these lines,

Wilson legwand horny
Beck Cullen bourque
Smith fish stalberg
Hendricks spaling nystrom
Clune

Trade goose and his big contract if any possible takers, free up a bit more cap room and soften blow of these over priced signings yesterday. All of a sudden cap room to make a move to sniper.

Trade goose, first, Ellis and budish for something that will help out the offense. I'm sure hellberg would help sweeten deal to, or Watson/ekholm. Maybe vesey as well.

Old
07-06-2013, 09:34 PM
maplepred

Or maybe poile signed these higher priced guys to trade our lower priced guys to cap teams that need to shed salary, then we could pick up a top six guy in return for low burger roster player along with picks and prospects.

Just a thought,

Old
07-06-2013, 10:51 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Good freaking G-d, hon, that's insane. If I evaluated the Jackets at "full potential" like that, I'd be declaring them a 300-goal team.

Maybe tone it down just a tad? 220 might be more reasonable.
That's why I said, "if everyone plays to his potential." Those numbers aren't the expectation; they are the absolute maximum we can produce if everyone stays healthy, if everyone is consistent, and if everyone plays their best game every night. That almost assuredly won't happen, but, honestly, we scored 237 goals in 2011-12 with a wholly mediocre group of forwards that wasn't too tremendously different from this one. If anyone can get blood from this rock, it's Barry Trotz.

I still stand by my belief that we could have done more with the opportunities we were given to improve the offense, and that the contracts we gave out to Cullen and Nystrom will come back to haunt us, but this team has the potential, however, faint, to be very good.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Persona5

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
With these signings I think Forsberg, Watson and Beck all start in Milwaukee and are injury call-ups. Not a bad thing. I'm high on all those guys, but now may not be their time.

I think Stalberg and Cullen will be on the second line. Who with, I'm not sure. I'd be surprised if Clune wasnt a regular player on the team this year. I think Clune-Gaustad-Nystrom is the ideal 4th line, with Hendricks being a 3rd liner. No issues with that.
If Forsberg doesn't make the lineup he will go back overseas. He won't play in the AHL for us.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote