HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

What Fantasy Resources would you like HF to Provide?

Old
04-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1664
What Fantasy Resources would you like HF to Provide?

If HF were to launch a page devoted to fantasy hockey what would you like to see on it? Mainly we're interested in what kind of information you look for and the best way to present it.

Buffaloed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:56 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed View Post
If HF were to launch a page devoted to fantasy hockey what would you like to see on it? Mainly we're interested in what kind of information you look for and the best way to present it.
I would like to see stats from the games last night or earlier today. It would be awesome if we could put or rosters on and you could get the point or even if you guys ran your own league!

iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:38 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

vCash: 500
Line combinations and goalie start confirmations are very useful.

Ranking the players in terms of strait fantasy production

I am wondering can you split out the fantasy threads completely from the NHL 12 etc.. threads? I would like to participate in fantasy discussion but there are so many NHL video game posts its difficult to sift through.

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:46 AM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

Any thoughts? Like I was saying I would participate in fantasy dialog but when I check this page there are usually only 4-5 posts on the front page that are fantasy related, some posts you can't tell if its fantasy or console gaming that is being discussed. I don't think the 2 topics are compatible and more of a game community than fantasy appears to have sprung up. I am willing to bet that fantasy discussion would grow if it wasn't trickled into a very active gaming community's page.

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Staff Rankings:
Have HFB staff (maybe half dozen guys, whatever) come up with an average ranking for fantasy drafts. Top 25 Players at every position (including LW/RW breakdown) going into the season, considering hits and blocks as well as the usual stats, and not considering salary (i.e. not assuming leagues have a cap).

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 08:12 PM
stevens8204

Send a message via AIM to stevens8204 Send a message via MSN to stevens8204 Send a message via Skype™ to stevens8204
Fantasy Hockey Should Have Its Own Area

It is really simple...the fantasy hockey fans do not want to be clumped in with the gaming part of the forum...why not let it grow. When I started writing about fantasy hockey a decade ago, people laughed. While other fantasy sports have ballooned, fantasy hockey has sputtered a bit because of forums having a reluctance to give it the space to let it grow. Look at Dobberhockey and think of the potential. It is there if you let it happen.

I am waiting on a few things to happen and then maybe this place can get hopping a bit. Hopefully.

stevens8204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:46 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

vCash: 587
During the draft a top 100 of most point producing players in the previous seasons. At least the last year, but 2 or more would be cool.

iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:17 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

I still think this needs to be made

09-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Ail
k.

There isn't much you can't find elsewhere to be honest. Unless you have a few guys dedicated to writing weekly columns and up to date player information like starters, injuries, trades, scratching etc all in one place I don't see much of a need for it.

One thing HF could do most other places cannot is possibly submit a yearly draft list of prospects who are likely to crack the NHL that year and could make an immediate impact. You could call it the "sleeper pick" list with guys to watch as late round drafts or waiver wire pick-ups down the road. Have all the resident team HF writers submit a 2-3 (if applicable) list maybe after training camp/ pre-season.

You could possibly desiginate a few active fantasy posters as official HF representatives who can answer questions from other posters and give fantasy advice with authority so people looking for advice would feel confident in the information they are getting.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote