HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Mythical PK Subban

Old
06-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGV View Post
Or simply Lucic's verbal fight with his girlfriend, playing the "Do you know who I am?" card to the cops.
The cop should've said "Wait, aren't you the guy who rings the big bell at Notre Dame? Quasi-something, right?"

Shinsuke Nakamura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:05 AM
CHwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
A lot actually, donating money and time isn't as easy as you think, regardless of being a professional athlete or not.
Not really, all you have to do is show up on time. Attitude is yelling at players on the bench, arguing with coaches on the bench, etc. Wrong attitude, but he is growing up before our eye's.

CHwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 07:31 PM
lindgren

Canucks fan here. I have a question that obviously doesn't deserve a thread, so this seemed like the best place. I'm trying to convince myself that there's a chance that Jordan Subban will grow an inch or two over the next couple of years. I'm wondering how tall PK was when he was drafted. Anyone know? (Or, alternatively, you could reply by laughing at how badly the Canucks botched the Luongo/Schneider deal, while I shed more tears.)

lindgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Brainiac

Has anyone seen the mythical figure named PK Subban? I've heard he's like a pale copy of the Karlsson deity, with the only problem of having a different skin pigmentation and slightly larger buttocks.

Not sure he exists, actually.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Has anyone seen the mythical figure named PK Subban? I've heard he's like a pale copy of the Karlsson deity, with the only problem of having a different skin pigmentation and slightly larger buttocks.

Not sure he exists, actually.
He was at the draft with his brothers. TSN did a 10 minute interview with them after his brother Jordan was drafted.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:54 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post
The cop should've said "Wait, aren't you the guy who rings the big bell at Notre Dame? Quasi-something, right?"
Haha good one. He kind of looks like it, doesn't he?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgren View Post
Canucks fan here. I have a question that obviously doesn't deserve a thread, so this seemed like the best place. I'm trying to convince myself that there's a chance that Jordan Subban will grow an inch or two over the next couple of years. I'm wondering how tall PK was when he was drafted. Anyone know? (Or, alternatively, you could reply by laughing at how badly the Canucks botched the Luongo/Schneider deal, while I shed more tears.)
It was discussed a few times before the draft but I really don't remember. Is an inch or two really going to make a big difference? He should be plenty strong enough and he'll be more of an offensive guy anyways.

At least you got Horvat, a player that our team's management was very high on.

Old
07-01-2013, 11:30 PM
lindgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
It was discussed a few times before the draft but I really don't remember. Is an inch or two really going to make a big difference? He should be plenty strong enough and he'll be more of an offensive guy anyways.

At least you got Horvat, a player that our team's management was very high on.
Expert research by other posters on the Canucks board discovered that PK was 5'10" when he was drafted, so he grew a couple of inches after that. I suppose I do think a couple of inches will make a difference with Jordan. There's not a lot of precedent for effective defencemen at 5'8".

I'm glad that Habs management was high on Horvat. Some would argue that the fact the Canucks took him is proof he's no good.

Good luck next season.

lindgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 03:47 AM
Genesis76

vCash: 50
Martin Lemay has lost it...wtf is wrong with this guy??

He used to be my favourite when he was working for CKAC

He basicly says the habs should look at the option of letting him go for 4 first round picks if a team offers an offer sheet.

How can people still doubt Freaking P.K. SUBBAN!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I find the media are rdy to protect Price no matter how bad he is at 6.5m/y but with P.K. they're always looking for something to critisize him.

Fracking pathetic.

If this isn't racism then i don't know what it is.

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ============
If you have to pay 12 millions per year to keep P.K. you pay him, you shut up and enjoy the show. He's the heart and soul of this team. He will be the next Captain. He will become the best D in the League and will remain the best D for many many years.
================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ============

Genesis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:13 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

The kid has made me eat more crow in my lifetime than anyother in his short tenure. I wish him the best and he has EARNED it by any standard.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:06 AM
BrimStone64

Subban was on FAN590 other night, Leafs media was asking how much he will get next contract? Certainly more than Letang who DID NOT win the Norris, certainly more than Suter who NEVER won a Norris they were saying. Subban said he had 3.75m left on this contract but his door is open to talk new contract whenever Habs are ready.

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:21 AM
PricePkPatch

7-8M per year.

Except if he produces on a PPG rating this year If that's the case, expect 9M, 8 years

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:09 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
7-8M per year.

Except if he produces on a PPG rating this year If that's the case, expect 9M, 8 years
Should have signed him long term last year. I have idea this bridge contract will cost team 3 million more a year long term.

Old
07-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Should have signed him long term last year. I have idea this bridge contract will cost team 3 million more a year long term.
No matter what people say, Bergeving dropped the ball on that one. I think he listened to the wrong people concerning Subban.

Subban is/was an exception player, you do not hold out on those players.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
People forget that the cap will eventually rise and superstar get paid no mater what! (See Perry, Getzlaf, Malkin, Giroux) I have no problem if he gets 8M$ if he play like a superstar and bring us a cup!

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgren View Post
Expert research by other posters on the Canucks board discovered that PK was 5'10" when he was drafted, so he grew a couple of inches after that. I suppose I do think a couple of inches will make a difference with Jordan. There's not a lot of precedent for effective defencemen at 5'8".

I'm glad that Habs management was high on Horvat. Some would argue that the fact the Canucks took him is proof he's no good.

Good luck next season.
There wasn't a precedent either for a black guy winning the Norris.

I thought P.K. was 6'0 when he was drafted?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUHeffToBMad View Post
No matter what people say, Bergeving dropped the ball on that one. I think he listened to the wrong people concerning Subban.

Subban is/was an exception player, you do not hold out on those players.
Where are these wrong people now?

Old
07-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Where are these wrong people now?
Talking non-sense on rds.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Lozela

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUHeffToBMad View Post
Talking non-sense on rds.
Actually, one of them is coaching the team

Lozela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:50 AM
BrimStone64

Rangers just re-signed McDonough. For 6 years 4.7 per year. What we should have done with Subban last year