HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part IX: Free Agency Signing Period Discussion and Rumors

Old
07-06-2013, 03:25 PM
potsiev2

vCash: 500
if anyone offer sheets him my guess would be toronto

Last edited by potsiev2: 07-06-2013 at 03:34 PM.
potsiev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Just too clarify. I'm not saying the delay in his signing = an offer sheet from another team, only that it it "MIGHT" mean he could become available in a trade.

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
The only way an NHL GM will ever offer sheet another team's player is if it makes sense both on-ice and financially.
As I've said before, it is really pointless to argue what I said about the Blues offer sheeting Flyers players. Even if you're right, I'm still right. Pietrangelo will remain a Blue. We will match your offer.

But the quoted isn't true. The Blues offer sheeted Steve Bernier 4-5 years ago as revenge for the Canucks offer sheeting David Backes. We really didn't have much need for Bernier...a lesser Backes at the time. It was clear as day that it was purely for revenge.

With that said, you have Schenn and Couturier coming up on RFA. Perhaps they don't make it that far. Like you guys said, Philly usually doesn't let it get that far. If for some odd reason they did though, they both would make sense on-ice and financially for the Blues(more than likely). So those would be the targets.

It really isn't worth discussing, though. It takes us off topic which is Pietrangelo.

One question I have is how in the hell do you guys have 8.5 million to toss towards Pietrangelo? Do you just assume that you can move Coburn and another player after that?

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 04:51 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Yes, Meszaros. he's a liability

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
As I've said before, it is really pointless to argue what I said about the Blues offer sheeting Flyers players. Even if you're right, I'm still right. Pietrangelo will remain a Blue. We will match your offer.

But the quoted isn't true. The Blues offer sheeted Steve Bernier 4-5 years ago as revenge for the Canucks offer sheeting David Backes. We really didn't have much need for Bernier...a lesser Backes at the time. It was clear as day that it was purely for revenge.

With that said, you have Schenn and Couturier coming up on RFA. Perhaps they don't make it that far. Like you guys said, Philly usually doesn't let it get that far. If for some odd reason they did though, they both would make sense on-ice and financially for the Blues(more than likely). So those would be the targets.

It really isn't worth discussing, though. It takes us off topic which is Pietrangelo.

One question I have is how in the hell do you guys have 8.5 million to toss towards Pietrangelo? Do you just assume that you can move Coburn and another player after that?
Good luck finding a player the Flyers care about keeping who'll even make it to the point where they can be offersheeted.

07-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
You can say this until you are blue in the face, that doesn't make it any more or less true. You can declare yourself "right" if it helps you, again it doesn't make it so. Time and time alone will tell.

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger Danger View Post
You can say this until you are blue in the face, that doesn't make it any more or less true. You can declare yourself "right" if it helps you, again it doesn't make it so. Time and time alone will tell.
But seriously...I'm right.

If I'm wrong, I'll be back to say so. Edit: And to join your fan base because it'd be a joke if we let Pietrangelo walk for low 1st round picks.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Prongo
Beer

Derek Roy to the blues for 4 million on one year. Seems like they are going to be a cap team or will be making a move sooner or later. I'm thinking they trade Perron or Halak(widely speculated as well). Of just trade us Pietrangelo. It would solve all their problems

Cap geek has them at 7.8 million in cap space. With petro and Stewart not signed. Something has to give

Last edited by Prongo: 07-06-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 05:40 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:

Are you suggesting they couldn't?

For the record, I don't think there's a chance Pietrangelo is allowed to leave St. Louis - just asking a question.

Last edited by NitHeel: 07-06-2013 at 05:55 PM.
NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
If only Pieterangelo was an RFA last year.....

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Mjoedgaard
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Derek Roy to the blues for 4 million on one year. Seems like they are going to be a cap team or will be making a move sooner or later. I'm thinking they trade Perron or Halak(widely speculated as well). Of just trade us Pietrangelo. It would solve all their problems

Cap geek has them at 7.8 million in cap space. With petro and Stewart not signed. Something has to give
Maybe we could trade for Bouwmeester? He is not quite on Piets level and is older, but he is still super good.

Mjoedgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:08 PM
JoeFlyer

Changing the topic slightly what do people think of a guy like Phaneuf? I heard that the Leafs were willing to entertain offers for him at the draft but nothing more. He comes with a $6m price tag for this year then a UFA and I'm not sure the Leafs are that cap stable at the moment, they need to sign a few players but have $10m spare (just pulling numbers off capgeek, if looking at all the Flyers numbers has taught me anything it's that that might not be 100% accurate ) But still need to resign Franson, Kadri, Gunnarsson and Fraser (presuming they want them all)...

Guy can put up points, hit, block shots and he's only 28...

JoeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:12 PM
FlyingPhilly

Don't want Dion. He makes some dumb decisions like Coburn does, but his cap hit is of. #1 d-man when he isn't.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:

I guess what I don't understand is that if Pietrangelo was SO important that the Blues wouldn't consider moving him in the slightest bit, why would you allow him to even reach RFA status?

Giroux It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Curufinwe

Just saw Button and Mike Johnson on NHLN being very positive about the Lecavalier signing and also Streit. They made the point that Streit will allow Kimmo not to have to carry the offense so much.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:40 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Just saw Button and Mike Johnson on NHLN being very positive about the Lecavalier signing and also Streit. They made the point that Streit will allow Kimmo not to have to carry the offense so much.
any pressure off Kimmo is a good thing

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:49 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux It View Post
I guess what I don't understand is that if Pietrangelo was SO important that the Blues wouldn't consider moving him in the slightest bit, why would you allow him to even reach RFA status?
Then the part that kills me is they whine and cry when another team over sheets their player. Well don't let your player get there, and if you proclaim you will match any offer, just sign the ****ing guy. I don't understand it, makes zero sense to me how these guys operate.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Prongo
Beer

I wonder how negotiations are going up in Winnipeg with bogo? It's been quiet on that front lately

Old
07-06-2013, 06:55 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
I wonder how negotiations are going up in Winnipeg with bogo? It's been quiet on that front lately
He would be a rockstar here. Would LOVE Bogo.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:56 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
wait? What?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:59 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
Blues fans keep telling themselves that Piety will stay with the blues, why isn't he signed yet then?
Pietrangelo has the same agent as Doughty. The same one that caused Doughty to miss part of a season. So it's pretty tough negotiations. Not all agents are equal some are going to squeeze every penny they can.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
wait? What?
Zach Bogosian. He didn't re-sign did he?

Old
07-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Pietrangelo has the same agent as Doughty. The same one that caused Doughty to miss part of a season. So it's pretty tough negotiations. Not all agents are equal some are going to squeeze every penny they can.
Yes but if your the Blues, do you really want your Franchise defenseman holding out? You PAY the man what it takes, especially if you aren't considering moving him in the slightest bit. Everybody knows your either going to pay him what he wants or move him, and your not doing the later. Thats what makes me really question some of the Blues fans who think there is no possible way they move Pietrangelo. If he was really your best player and a non tradeable asset he would be signed.

Giroux It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:18 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux It View Post
Yes but if your the Blues, do you really want your Franchise defenseman holding out? You PAY the man what it takes, especially if you aren't considering moving him in the slightest bit. Everybody knows your either going to pay him what he wants or move him, and your not doing the later. Thats what makes me really question some of the Blues fans who think there is no possible way they move Pietrangelo. If he was really your best player and a non tradeable asset he would be signed.
To be honest as a Blues fan the Roy signing pisses me off. You get Pietrangelo and Stewart both signed first.

Armstrong annoys the hell out of me at times by trying to save every penny it seems in negotiations. Yet he gave Roy 4 million dollars who I personally am not a fan of.

The Blues wont move Pietrangelo. Can you really imagine the fan backlash is you are forced to trade Pietrangelo because you signed Derrick freaking Roy. Do you know how much that would hurt ticket sales ect.

Pietrangelo will be signed it's Armstrong being Armstrong and the agent being an agent.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Curufinwe

Signing Roy and losing Pietrangelo would be reasonable justification for a riot.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote