HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs trade Philippe Lefebvre and a 7th to Florida for George Parros

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2013, 11:37 AM
The Doors

vCash: 500
I think I'll enjoy the Parros chants in the Bell this year. Lighten up, this trade is hilarious and he's the 13th FWD on a team that's used timid 8th defencemen or buttery soft forwards in that role in the past few years.. Parros is a BEAUTY and will lay down the law. Welcome to ****ing Montreal man

Last edited by The Doors: 07-06-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old
07-06-2013, 11:41 AM
ToNedOuT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuuT5neZpw0

"I have a moustache"

Last edited by ToNedOuT: 07-06-2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Wouldn't play when embedded
Old
07-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Burke the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Hope he defends others better than he defends himself.
That was a clean hit anyway, what a retarded penalty

Old
07-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

We might have gotten ourselves a sniper after all....

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/vi...hilarious-test

Old
07-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Et le But

Violent Gentlemen ‏@ViolentGents 16h

Montréal can sleep quietly tonight knowing they are now under the protection of the original Violents Messieurs. pic.twitter.com/j7wnMt3ekV

Old
07-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
It's Georges Laraque all over again. Do you magically think that our midgets won't get hit with him in the lineup?? If Lucic hit someone and Parros go on him and take a 5minutes and we lose the game, are you gonna be happy??? And to the people saying he is a better player than Armstrong LOLLLLLL. I know that he was terrible offensively but at least he wasn't doing any mistake that cost us goals.
First, the problem I have isn't our "midgets getting hit" they can all take a hit. It's guys like Mclaren Orr Neil going after our skill players.

Second, Laraque didn't want to be an "enforcer" he wasted to be the nice guy that only fought for show and wouldn't do anything to protect teammates. Even with BGL our guys were not run and sucker punched like Toronto did to Plekanec and Bourque that blowour game in February.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Parros should be better than BGL in that regard, but you still want him on the bench for all but 3 minutes, meaning there's only so much he can "protect" everyone else. Once again the Bruins comparison doesn't work because the Bruins have some big hulking fighter on the ice at almost all times.
He can play 5-7 minutes, even if he isn't on the ice guys like Lucic Chara Thornton know he is in the lineup and know they'd have to answer the bell.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He can play 5-7 minutes, even if he isn't on the ice guys like Lucic Chara Thornton know he is in the lineup and know they'd have to answer the bell.
I really wouldn't be comfortable seeing Parros out there more than 5 minutes. He really has no value beyond fighting at this point. Even a terrible Panthers team had him ultra-sheltered for less than 5 minutes a game.

He's not here for his hockey skills, that's fine, but it essentially gives the other team a power play when a guy like that is on the ice. Basically he should only take a shift when the likes of Scott, Kassian, Orr, or at most Thornton are already out there.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

I don't know how anyone can dislike this trade. Did you honestly rather have a guy like Blunden fill that role? Infact I rather have Blunden than Moen at this point, but it's not the player, it's the impact that the player can have on our team's psychological stand point.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:46 PM
bud12

White fuc%?&g love it

Old
07-06-2013, 12:57 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The part people here seem to be missing is Parris should make guys like Subban Emelin White Prust Moen Bourque Tinordi better and more comnfortable. It should allow them to play a more physical "in your face" style without always having to look over their shoulder. THAT is Parros' value. Marchand plays like he is 6'3" because he has guys to protect him, our guys haven't really had that. Prust helped but having a HW goes that much further.

This isn't BGL, he'll smack somebody around even the guy won't drop the gloves if somebody is taking liberties, a true "enforcer".
In total agreement with you, for once

Old
07-06-2013, 01:10 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If so...it will be a one-year flop. Probably the softest flop of them all. Yet, like I said, Prust is happy to not have to take everybody else so he'd play more hockey. Other players are happy, feel like they are more protected. And we gained 1 more contract by sending Lefebvre out. And add the moral victory aspect, we might win some fights along the way. Honestly....I'd like flops like that.
Don't bother... the guy is just frustrated we didn't get a guy like Darche or Armstrong to be the 13th forward on the team.

Old
07-06-2013, 01:15 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

My new lockscreen

http://mycolorscreen.com/2012/11/25/mustache/

Old
07-06-2013, 01:16 PM
le_sean

Prust must feel great. He's an excellent fighter for his stature, but that doesn't mean he should be fighting guys that are 6'4, like Orr and Kassian.

The reason why Laraque was ineffective (other than the fact he was pure trash) was because all they had was a guy for staged fights. They didn't have anyone else that would drop the gloves at the drop of a hat because of some on ice incident. The only response was for Laraque to ask the other goon to fight. Nothing gets solved that way. Now with guys like Prust and White, no invitations are needed. You have the guy that follows a code (Parros) and the guys that police (Prust and White). Basically Parros is there for the message and the other two are there for the retaliation.

Old
07-06-2013, 01:27 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
I think I'll enjoy the Parros chants in the Bell this year. Lighten up, this trade is hilarious and he's the 13th FWD on a team that's used timid 8th defencemen or buttery soft forwards in that role in the past few years.. Parros is a BEAUTY and will lay down the law. Welcome to ****ing Montreal man
what this guy said

Old
07-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Dio666

I don't understand why some of you are against this? Parros is a tough *******. Good move M.B.

Old
07-06-2013, 03:28 PM
charlie

Everyone thinks Ryan White had a screw loose last year..........OMG with Parros and Prust next year he should be psychomania.........

Old
07-06-2013, 03:29 PM
SnapVirus

Parros is a tool in Therriens toolbox. I like it.

Old
07-06-2013, 04:10 PM
SherbrookeW

Fighting isn't "part of hockey". That's something only someone who doesn't know hockey or its history would say. Russian hockey became supreme in the world without any fighting at all. Was there ever a greater team than Red Army? Of course not. What were they playing without fighting?
In any case, a guy like Parros will have zero effect on the odds of the Habs winning a Cup again, which is all MB should really be caring about. No one will be scared to play physically against the team because a goon is on the bench. Doesn't work that way.

Old
07-06-2013, 04:28 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
Fighting isn't "part of hockey". That's something only someone who doesn't know hockey or its history would say. Russian hockey became supreme in the world without any fighting at all. Was there ever a greater team than Red Army? Of course not. What were they playing without fighting?
In any case, a guy like Parros will have zero effect on the odds of the Habs winning a Cup again, which is all MB should really be caring about. No one will be scared to play physically against the team because a goon is on the bench. Doesn't work that way.
LOL. Please tell that to the Red Army that faced the Broad Street Bullies.

Old
07-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Laboeuf

are we playing hockey or fighting?

Old
07-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Parros is not the best HW out there but he'll do. The guy is game and will go toe to toe with anyone in the league. He know his role and will do it to a T. He's also a good character and room guy so that's a plus.

As many have said before this will take some pressure off Prust shoulders which can only be a good thing.

Not an earth shattering but a decent move by MB imho. As crazy as it may sound i actually like this better than the Briere signing

Old
07-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Carey Chant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laboeuf View Post
are we playing hockey or fighting?
Both. It's really an arms race in the east and we have to keep up with some of the other squads who have some heavy punch in their lineup.

Prust was an amazing pickup but he would not last a full season if he had to drop against heavies like last year. Our smaller skill players can play with a little more ba11s now since the stash can cause a little havoc when necessary.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:18 AM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

He will become a fan favourite for the most part enforcers thrive in big hockey markets he will be no different

Old
07-07-2013, 01:31 AM
Dada

O'Byrne,Clarkson,Fraser,Orr,McClaren, if im Parros and Prust, I'd start practicing my super sayan power now

Closed Thread