vCash: 500
We'll take it!!

Old
07-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
@sunayas: late to this but Smith as head coach & Barclay Branch as GM. They've worked well together before.
Wonder if Dave would need to step aside if this ever took place.
If fans are doing the Owen Sound Whine now about Ranger preferential treatment......................................... ..................................:l augh:

Old
07-07-2013, 08:02 AM
CharlieGirl

Apparently it's confirmed that Ryan MacInnis is heading to Kitchener this year!

Old
07-07-2013, 09:16 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Apparently it's confirmed that Ryan MacInnis is heading to Kitchener this year!
That would be a huge boost. And if he says he's coming without knowing who the coach or GM is at this point says alot about our organization.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:42 AM
LeafsCupYear

This is great news! really looking froward to next season.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:37 AM
kwrangersfan22

Can someone explain to me what all the hype is about Ryan Macinnis is? Is it because he is Al's kid or is he that good? Just trying to understand as I have never seen him play. Looks like the Rangers have many forwards signed. It will be interesting.

Old
07-08-2013, 09:43 AM
bobber

Good news that MacInnis is coming but I would like to see a link that confirms it. Haven't saw anything from the Rangers organization.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:48 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
Good news that MacInnis is coming but I would like to see a link that confirms it. Haven't saw anything from the Rangers organization.
Nothing official yet, but his buddy tweeted a pic of him in Rangers gear with a caption something like "Ryan and I repping our new gear. #OHL #BeerLeague". (MacInnis in an OHL practice jersey, red pants, red helmet).

I wonder if they're waiting to name a GM before doing the official thing.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:08 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwrangersfan22 View Post
Can someone explain to me what all the hype is about Ryan Macinnis is? Is it because he is Al's kid or is he that good? Just trying to understand as I have never seen him play. Looks like the Rangers have many forwards signed. It will be interesting.
I remember reading somewhere Ryan MacInnis was touted to be a top 5 pick in the OHL draft before he made USNDT committment. We were able to get him with a 3rd round pick in 2012 in hopes in a year or two he would report to Kitchener (eventually). A year has past and now rumors (legitimate sources - LR on another forum). His is a 6'3" 170lbs Centre. And here is a little blurb about him from another poster (AmericanDream) in the prospects forum from his top 25 Americans in the 2014 NHL draft.

Quote:
11. Ryan Macinnis - F - His bloddlines make him a name that people follow. His size makes people really think he could be special. But there has always been something missing or lacking from his game for me. He should do fine in the OHL this year and hopefully be a top player to get picked in the draft. I think he could be on par to players like Max Domi and Kerby Rychel (both first rounders) but he has some issues to work on and realize that you cant just go by your name to make it.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1464999

So he has issues but with that size and the previous stats below, he could fit in nicely.

Year Team GP G A PTS PIM
2011-12
St. Louis Blues U16s
GP 34 - G 27 - A 20 - PTS 47 - PIMS 18
2012-13
USNDT (USHL)
GP 41 - G 8 - A 6 - PTS 14 - PIMS 6

Old
07-08-2013, 04:36 PM
kwrangersfan22

Thanks benchedguy for the update on Ryan Macinnis. He should be exciting to watch

Old
07-09-2013, 08:14 AM
bobber

Quote:
Nothing official yet, but his buddy tweeted a pic of him in Rangers gear with a caption something like "Ryan and I repping our new gear. #OHL #BeerLeague". (MacInnis in an OHL practice jersey, red pants, red helmet).

I wonder if they're waiting to name a GM before doing the official thing.
I was told there were pictures out of Ryan wearing Ranger gear which is similar to what happened before they acquired Gabe. I would imagine there are lots of loose strings to tie up before he comes here. I just find it prudent to get an official notice from the team before a confirmation is made despite the sources. I was told he has already been replaced on his team roster but that is unofficial also.

Old
07-09-2013, 09:45 AM
CharlieGirl

I guess that depends on your sources and how trustworthy they are. It's up to each person to choose to believe or disbelieve what they hear until an official notice is provided.

Personally, I have complete and total faith in the person I heard it from, so I have no doubt we'll see MacInnis in a Rangers jersey this fall.

On another note:

Quote:
Josh Brown ‏@BrownRecord
More than 50 apply for open GM/coach jobs with Kitchener Rangers, some with NHL and AHL experience.

Old
07-09-2013, 10:20 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
I guess that depends on your sources and how trustworthy they are. It's up to each person to choose to believe or disbelieve what they hear until an official notice is provided.

Personally, I have complete and total faith in the person I heard it from, so I have no doubt we'll see MacInnis in a Rangers jersey this fall.

On another note:
I saw that as well from JB...in another tweet he mentioned that some have NHL or AHL experience as well. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall to see who all has applied. It is also sounding more and more that there will be 2 people, a GM and a separate head coach.

And Bobber, there are multiple sources saying it appears MacInnis will be signing. Josh Brown tweeted there is nothing official from the Rangers and then Sunaya Sapuri tweets "yet..." Take it for what its worth, its just multiple sources saying he will sign or is going to sign. With LR and Sunaya both having inside info I would think its going to happen.

Old
07-09-2013, 12:14 PM
BenchedGuy

For those interested, a farewell video message from Spott was posted on the Rangers site.

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/vide...97f84e19532297

Old
07-09-2013, 12:31 PM
CharlieGirl

Teichmann's new mask. Love it!!

Old
07-10-2013, 09:14 AM
smalt021

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
I saw that as well from JB...in another tweet he mentioned that some have NHL or AHL experience as well. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall to see who all has applied. It is also sounding more and more that there will be 2 people, a GM and a separate head coach.

And Bobber, there are multiple sources saying it appears MacInnis will be signing. Josh Brown tweeted there is nothing official from the Rangers and then Sunaya Sapuri tweets "yet..." Take it for what its worth, its just multiple sources saying he will sign or is going to sign. With LR and Sunaya both having inside info I would think its going to happen.
Thought I read that the USNTDP has already named a replacement for Little Mac.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:52 AM
bobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post

I will be as happy as any fan and hoping all the sources are true as well as everyone else. I just always wait for the team or league to confirm any signings or deals then it's official. That's just me.I have read and heard all the sources also.

Old
07-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Nothing official yet, but his buddy tweeted a pic of him in Rangers gear with a caption something like "Ryan and I repping our new gear. #OHL #BeerLeague". .
I'm away up north and only get WIFI every now and then but that tweet begs the question....."Who's the 'I'? I can't recall another Ranger pick from St Loo besides the very highly regarded goalie drafted this past year. Unless its a current USNDTP teammate??

Old
07-10-2013, 10:15 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I'm away up north and only get WIFI every now and then but that tweet begs the question....."Who's the 'I'? I can't recall another Ranger pick from St Loo besides the very highly regarded goalie drafted this past year. Unless its a current USNDTP teammate??
Oops - sorry for the confusion. #BeerLeague hashtag is for his buddy; #OHL for Ryan.

Enjoy your vacation!! Hope you're not getting the rain we're getting.

Old
07-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Oops - sorry for the confusion. #BeerLeague hashtag is for his buddy; #OHL for Ryan.

Enjoy your vacation!! Hope you're not getting the rain we're getting.
No rain till some sprinkles last night. Time to grab a coffee and book and go down onto the dock to read!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!

Old
07-10-2013, 01:16 PM
smalt021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I think the friend that tweeted the picture was son of STL Blues GM.

Old
07-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Maybe Al will move back to Kitchener with his son and become our head coach

Old
07-15-2013, 12:57 PM
OurHometown
HFB Partner

50 Years of Kitchener Rangers Hockey
http://www.ourhometown.ca/hockey/HH0031.php

Old
07-15-2013, 01:13 PM
bobber

This is from Brown's blog:

Rangers officially splitting duties

There will be a separate general manager and coach next year at the Aud.

Kitchener Rangers chief operating officer Steve Bienkowski has confirmed that the club will split the duties next year.

Both jobs were left vacant when ex-GM/coach Steve Spott resigned to take on the head coaching job with the American Hockey League's Toronto Marlies.

Bienkowski has said that a changing landscapre in the Ontario Hockey League is the reason behind the team's split from the single GM/coach system it has used for the past dozen years.

More than 50 people applied for the positions and the Rangers are closing in on their candidates. The squad is down to a short list with four in the running for the coaching job and three for the GM.

Some applicants are on their second interview.

At least four ex-Rangers have thrown their hat in the ring but the club isn't releasing any of the names of those in the mix.

"The problem we have is that some of the people are employed," said Bienkowski.

The team is hoping to announce its new front office next week.

Assistant GM/coach Troy Smith has applied for the head coaching job and is believed to be one of the final four in the running for the position.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Ward Cornell

New coach and GM will be announced today at 4:00 pm!

Closed Thread