HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs sign Fournier

Old
07-07-2013, 10:05 AM
sampollock

vCash: 500
This the smart thinking of the Habs, no risk here, free guy.

big too, hope the habs spend the time and effort to work with this young guy.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Captain Saku

I remember during memorial cup games, I google'd this guy's name to see what team have drafted him, and was totally shocked that he wasn't even drafted. He looked very solid to me. I like this signing.

Do you know if he's going back to junior or is he eligible to go the AHL?

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:40 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I remember during memorial cup games, I google'd this guy's name to see what team have drafted him, and was totally shocked that he wasn't even drafted. He looked very solid to me. I like this signing.

Do you know if he's going back to junior or is he eligible to go the AHL?
AHL/ECHL

He was in his overage year for the Moose.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:53 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

His skating must be much better than Prybil's...

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
His skating must be much better than Prybil's...
Well, his character is.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:07 PM
JAVO16

Don't know about that signing. The guy has a really awkward stride and I'd say weak skating.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:38 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
yeah, and the year before, had almost the same amount of point (1 year younger) playing with Victoriaville..... Where were Drouin and MacKinnon then???
Lol, love the snappy reply, I was merely pointing it out. There's obviously holes in his game, its why he went undrafted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Love the posts by many Halifax fans who followed the Mooseheads.
Great to read all the details on Fournier!!
Thanks!! Cheers!!

p.s.: just one question...sounds like a great signing, but wondering why no team drafted Fournier in the first 5-6 Rounds? (no matter...glad the Habs signed him).
The thing with him is, there's holes in his game, he isnt the fastest guy out there but seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is well liked. So if nothing else, is a good guy to have around your teams. Doubt he makes it to the NHL but hey, you never know.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Lol, love the snappy reply, I was merely pointing it out. There's obviously holes in his game, its why he went undrafted.

The thing with him is, there's holes in his game, he isnt the fastest guy out there but seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is well liked. So if nothing else, is a good guy to have around your teams. Doubt he makes it to the NHL but hey, you never know.
Don't be fooled. If anyone thought Fournier would be exactly as good as he is right now, someone would have drafted him back when he was 18. He has proven and improved a LOT in the relatively short time since he first became an overage draft-eligible, but he has been a character player the whole way.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post

The Habs usually have many FAST/SUPER FAST players, so they can surround Fournier on the 3rd or 4th line with fast players...what they need is more players who will go to the corners to battle and win and pay the price to get garbage goals and make life tougher for dmen...Fournier sounds just about right. But, I get it...someone always has to come here (usually a Leaf fan or Bruin fan) who has to be a killjoy! there are many here (Halifax Moosehead fans) who watched Fournier and think he will have a career as a solid 4th or 3rd liner. We're all going to be rooting for Fournier to keep getting better and better.

Also...I'm very impressed with his 16 goals in 17 playoff games. Very impressive for a future 4th line warrior (or possibly a 3rd line warrior...maybe a taller Prust!).

Go Fournier Go!!!! (from Dorval, Que!!).
Welcome to the Habs!!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
there are many here (Halifax Moosehead fans) who watched Fournier and think he will have a career as a solid 4th or 3rd liner.
Woah, woah. Shift down big truck. "Could", not "will".

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 06:28 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Haha!! No problem...gear shift change has been done!
(Fournier could be a solid 3rd or 4th liner one day for our Habs!).

Maybe he'll get his cup of tea at 22 or 23 yrs old?
We'll see...but I'd give him all the time to develop...would prefer him ready for the 4th line vs not so ready (too raw).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 10:17 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well, his character is.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 08:41 AM
mapes

Quote:
The Habs usually have many FAST/SUPER FAST players, so they can surround Fournier on the 3rd or 4th line with fast players...what they need is more players who will go to the corners to battle and win and pay the price to get garbage goals and make life tougher for dmen...Fournier sounds just about right. But, I get it...someone always has to come here (usually a Leaf fan or Bruin fan) who has to be a killjoy! there are many here (Halifax Moosehead fans) who watched Fournier and think he will have a career as a solid 4th or 3rd liner. We're all going to be rooting for Fournier to keep getting better and better.

Also...I'm very impressed with his 16 goals in 17 playoff games. Very impressive for a future 4th line warrior (or possibly a 3rd line warrior...maybe a taller Prust!).

Go Fournier Go!!!! (from Dorval, Que!!).
Welcome to the Habs!!
So because I'm a Leaf fan my opinion isn't valid? Not trying to play "killjoy", I've just seen him play many times. Mooseheads are my favorite junior team and typically when they get signed to an NHL team I go to that board and give my (honest) 2 sents regardless of which NHL team signs them. Most have probably barely seen him play and junior stats can be misleading. I want ex-Mooseheads to be successful.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 10:45 AM
HFX902

Quote:
will**

HFX902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Don't be fooled. If anyone thought Fournier would be exactly as good as he is right now, someone would have drafted him back when he was 18. He has proven and improved a LOT in the relatively short time since he first became an overage draft-eligible, but he has been a character player the whole way.
He was a big time prospect at 15, but fell in the draft because he broke his leg late in the year. He missed a big chunk of his 16 year old season so it basically set him back a year. I wanted him drafted/signed at 19 as he put up 32-33-65 in 64 games with 96 PIMs.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He was a big time prospect at 15, but fell in the draft because he broke his leg late in the year. He missed a big chunk of his 16 year old season so it basically set him back a year. I wanted him drafted/signed at 19 as he put up 32-33-65 in 64 games with 96 PIMs.
I was a couple years ahead of him at school and in hockey but we have a lot of mutual friends and I remember, Fournier was involved in an accident on a ski hill, while tubing. He broke his femur and as many people know, it's the most painful bone to break in your body and it comes with the longest rehab time. There's no doubt in my mind it set back his development and his stride never recovered.

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote