HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I would at least believe he knows where the bodies are buried.

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2013, 10:12 AM
kenfury

vCash: 500
In case anyone missed it todays F1 was very entertaining. Amazing that for once Webber has a strong start and the is cursed with a bad pit.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:13 AM
aceface33

Did a 7 mile run this morning. Felt great except right at the end I started getting knee pain in my right knee. I had to stop and walk a few times. This has never happened to me before and it's a bit worrying since my 9 mile race is next Sunday. Anyone here ever run with a knee brace?

Old
07-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Afino
The Juice

I ran about a mile and a half (okay, 1.3 miles) this morning without stopping to walk. I tried the whole C25K program, but kind of got off of that. However, I've run this 1.3 mile around the block twice, once on Thursday, once this morning, and I'm quite proud of myself considering that a) I've always preferred to run on a treadmill and b) I've never been much of a runner to begin with, and this is the longest I've ever gone without stopping. Going to start working my way up distance!

Old
07-07-2013, 10:42 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
I ran about a mile and a half (okay, 1.3 miles) this morning without stopping to walk. I tried the whole C25K program, but kind of got off of that. However, I've run this 1.3 mile around the block twice, once on Thursday, once this morning, and I'm quite proud of myself considering that a) I've always preferred to run on a treadmill and b) I've never been much of a runner to begin with, and this is the longest I've ever gone without stopping. Going to start working my way up distance!
That's awesome Afino. Getting started with running is definitely one of the hardest parts.

Old
07-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Afino
The Juice

I see you and Chain every day posting multi-mile runs, and honestly, it's motivation for myself too.

Old
07-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Did a 7 mile run this morning. Felt great except right at the end I started getting knee pain in my right knee. I had to stop and walk a few times. This has never happened to me before and it's a bit worrying since my 9 mile race is next Sunday. Anyone here ever run with a knee brace?

Never ran with a brace? How are your shoes? I know when mine are reaching the end of their useful lifetime because my left knee gets twingy. Not exactly painful. But, uncomfortable for me to know there's an issue.

Old
07-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Woooot! Good job man! Keep it up!

07-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
First thought I had was shoes too. You may want to try out a new pair a few times before your race and see if it makes a difference.

Age sucks, right? I tweaked out my calf this week and did it no favors with walking 3.5 miles to the ice cream shop yesterday after aggravating it on my run yesterday. Pulled it by launching my son off my shoulders in my sister's new pool on Thursday . BioFreeze for the win!

Old
07-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Really happy for Murray. He's been close so many times and carried the weight of a nation on his shoulders.

To win what most consider the premier tournament for his sport in his home country had to be the most amazing feeling.

Old
07-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Good work, man. Just remember to increase your distances gradually. Don't push for too much too fast and you'll be good.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:02 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebuild View Post
Never ran with a brace? How are your shoes? I know when mine are reaching the end of their useful lifetime because my left knee gets twingy. Not exactly painful. But, uncomfortable for me to know there's an issue.
Actually this is the second run with a new pair of shoes after I had been running with a ratty year old pair all season before this. Could it be the new shoes doing it? They felt fine otherwise.

I think it might also be a case of ramping up the distance too quickly. After all the flooding I took a week off cause I was cleaning up or helping my dad every day. But with the race next week I have to get my distance up quickly. So I ran 4miles, 4 miles, 7 miles this week.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Good work, man. Just remember to increase your distances gradually. Don't push for too much too fast and you'll be good.
Agreed. No use hurting yourself doing bigger distances too fast. Build up the base.

And it isn't about running agianst anyone. It's about running. And if you weigh it against others, consider the tens of millions of people who you lapped today, simply by going out and doing it.

Old
07-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Rebuild

Quote:
Actually this is the second run with a new pair of shoes after I had been running with a ratty year old pair all season before this. Could it be the new shoes doing it? They felt fine otherwise.

I think it might also be a case of ramping up the distance too quickly. After all the flooding I took a week off cause I was cleaning up or helping my dad every day. But with the race next week I have to get my distance up quickly. So I ran 4miles, 4 miles, 7 miles this week.

It could be the shoes. Try the next run in the ratty shoes to see if it still hurts.

Old
07-07-2013, 03:02 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

18 months of lifting/training completed. Weight Loss: 28 lbs Age: 25 Weight: 180 Height: 5'11''

1 Rep Max for following workouts:

Bench 255
DeadLift 405
Squat 335

Best Run: 7.5 miles in one hour

Tough Mudder: 3 weeks away!!

Pretty freaking ecstatic about my progress.

Last edited by McTankel: 07-07-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old
07-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
You guys are determined ones. It's good. Rush was also good Saturday night

Old
07-07-2013, 09:59 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
18 months of lifting/training completed. Weight Loss: 28 lbs Age: 25 Weight: 180

1 Rep Max for following workouts:

Bench 255
DeadLift 405
Squat 335

Best Run: 7.5 miles in one hour

Tough Mudder: 3 weeks away!!

Pretty freaking ecstatic about my progress.
You should be thats awesome!!!

Old
07-07-2013, 10:34 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
You should be thats awesome!!!
Thanks Man! Lots of hard work and dedication (4-6 times a week at gym). The dieting sucks, but the results are worth it!

Old
07-08-2013, 04:00 AM
boots electric

Welp. Just got out of the emergency room a few hours ago.

Woke up yesterday morning with the most excruciating pain in my boys downstairs...like someone just stomped them as hard as they could while I was sleeping. Intense stomach cramps, shooting pains up my sides and back. That saying about pain so bad it makes you weak in the knees? Yeah, it's really true; I needed two people to help me out of bed, carry me to the car, and then into the emergency room. The cramps were so bad and so persistent I actually tore some muscle fiber in my abdomen, making any sort of bending or flexing complete agony.

Test after test after test to figure out what was going on downstairs (including one gem that involved three very long q-tips of increasing diameter) and it turns out I've got a pretty serious infection in my epididymis. Best-case scenario is that I'm weaker than a newborn for the next week or so while the antibiotics do their work. Worst-case scenario is I'll need a couple crucial components to be taken out of my reproductive system (ie: I'll be adopting if I ever want kids)

As for where it came from, the doctor said the most likely explanation is a minor urinary tract infection that managed to make the jump into my reproductive system to find a nice and cozy new home.

The lesson here: love your boys forever and always, because you never know when they'll turn heel and try to kill you

Last edited by boots electric: 07-08-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old
07-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
Welp. Just got out of the emergency room a few hours ago.

Woke up yesterday morning with the most excruciating pain in my boys downstairs...like someone just stomped them as hard as they could while I was sleeping. Intense stomach cramps, shooting pains up my sides and back. That saying about pain so bad it makes you weak in the knees? Yeah, it's really true; I needed two people to help me out of bed, carry me to the car, and then into the emergency room. The cramps were so bad and so persistent I actually tore some muscle fiber in my abdomen, making any sort of bending or flexing complete agony.

Test after test after test to figure out what was going on downstairs (including one gem that involved three very long q-tips of increasing diameter) and it turns out I've got a pretty serious infection in my epididymis. Best-case scenario is that I'm weaker than a newborn for the next week or so while the antibiotics do their work. Worst-case scenario is I'll need a couple crucial components to be taken out of my reproductive system (ie: I'll be adopting if I ever want kids)

As for where it came from, the doctor said the most likely explanation is a minor urinary tract infection that managed to make the jump into my reproductive system to find a nice and cozy new home.

The lesson here: love your boys forever and always, because you never know when they'll turn heel and try to kill you
I'm cringing in pain just reading that. Ouch!

Best of luck man. Hoping for the best for you.

Old
07-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Jim Carr's Rug

Anyone know of regular posters in the Denver area?
I'm moving there in a few weeks.
Wondering if there's a Bills/Sabres bar out there.

Old
07-08-2013, 09:19 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Finished Season 4 of White Collar.

Why must you end in such a way!?

Old
07-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Carr's Rug View Post
LittletonHockeyCoach is in the Denver area and posts fairly frequently

Old
07-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 233
Quote:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=378284
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrock View Post
Denver has a pizzeria that shows all the Sabres games, and has beer:

http://www.lucianospizzaandwings.com/

The bar that hosts the Bills games also has them:

http://www.lodosbarandgrill.com/
Edit: Luciano's closed.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:36 AM
oldgoalie
In rebuild hell

Quote:
leaving VA? job switch?

Old
07-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Jim Carr's Rug

Thanks for the tips Wood and ONG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoalie View Post
leaving VA? job switch?
Actually, I've been in Troy NY in a graduate program the past year.
But yeah, the wife landed a great job in Denver and I'm job hunting.

Closed Thread