Some Habs news for Thurs.

Old
10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
Nice to see that our planted mole has completed his first mission to a T.

Mission 1:"Use the press to create a discomfortable dressing room by the end of October"

sssshhhhh. Don't reveal our secrets.

Too bad Ribbies isn't there anymore- no more fights amongst the players during practice.

By the way, I love your signature, Trenton.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
It makes me wonder if there is more to this than Sammy just being demoted. The fact that they didn't even bother to let him know he was being demoted speaks volumes. Sounds like he is indeed, in the dog house with Carbo. Stay tuned.
He didn't see the ice in the 3rd period against Buffalo. I was a bit surprised as I thought he had come around a bit in the last few games.

Carbo was quoted as saying that he hadn't lost confidence in Samsonov, and still thought he'd play like the player he'd seen in the past, he was just trying to get some chemistry going on a line. It could have just as easily been the C, Plekanec flopping to a different line as Samsonov. IMO, he and Kovalev aren't a good long term fit, neither play that well off the puck. A guy like Boyes would fit like a glove on a line with Kovalev I believe.

I suspect that Carbonneau, who I believe to be an extremely intelligent guy, is sending a message to Samsonov that icetime isn't guarranteed. Plus, he wants to see if the kid can gain some confidence playing with better players. If Samsonov works hard, Carbo will play him.

Carbo played with a few coaches who liked to send messages and weren't afraid to hurt feelings, Burns and Hitchcock in particular. I'm glad Samsonov showed frustration, I wouldn't want a guy satisfied and cashing his cheque. Then again, it is Montreal, a city that as much as I love it, tends to analyze things to death, much like hf boards.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Shinny

Wow, Sammy has always been so even-keeled. I don't recall him ever even revealing much of anything to the press, never mind getting ticked off. I feel for the guy but I hope he disrupts the team for tomorrow night at least.

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
He didn't see the ice in the 3rd period against Buffalo. I was a bit surprised as I thought he had come around a bit in the last few games.

Carbo was quoted as saying that he hadn't lost confidence in Samsonov, and still thought he'd play like the player he'd seen in the past, he was just trying to get some chemistry going on a line. It could have just as easily been the C, Plekanec flopping to a different line as Samsonov. IMO, he and Kovalev aren't a good long term fit, neither play that well off the puck. A guy like Boyes would fit like a glove on a line with Kovalev I believe.

I suspect that Carbonneau, who I believe to be an extremely intelligent guy, is sending a message to Samsonov that icetime isn't guarranteed. Plus, he wants to see if the kid can gain some confidence playing with better players. If Samsonov works hard, Carbo will play him.

Carbo played with a few coaches who liked to send messages and weren't afraid to hurt feelings, Burns and Hitchcock in particular. I'm glad Samsonov showed frustration, I wouldn't want a guy satisfied and cashing his cheque. Then again, it is Montreal, a city that as much as I love it, tends to analyze things to death, much like hf boards.

I've noticed a lot of the Habs fans said he was playing well and couldn't understand why he is being demoted. However, it may be just what Sammy needs- a kick in the butt to show he has to be consistent every game, and less coasting around.

Honestly, I don't have any problem with what Carbo is doing- we had wished Sullivan had done the same last season and the season before with some of our guys who needed to step it up and weren't playing to their potential night after night. Far better to see if this method works, than to stick them in every night, lose games, then ship the player out of town without knowing if it would have worked.

Sammy's a good guy (in spite of us joking on here about him), and this has to be the first time we've ever seen him show such emotion. It just might do the trick with Sammy- earning his time on the ice instead of expecting it, regardless of his play out there.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:15 PM
bookworm

Quote:
I've noticed a lot of the Habs fans said he was playing well and couldn't understand why he is being demoted. However, it may be just what Sammy needs- a kick in the butt to show he has to be consistent every game, and less coasting around.

Honestly, I don't have any problem with what Carbo is doing- we had wished Sullivan had done the same last season and the season before with some of our guys who needed to step it up and weren't playing to their potential night after night. Far better to see if this method works, than to stick them in every night, lose games, then ship the player out of town without knowing if it would have worked.

Sammy's a good guy (in spite of us joking on here about him), and this has to be the first time we've ever seen him show such emotion. It just might do the trick with Sammy- earning his time on the ice instead of expecting it, regardless of his play out there.
Well said! I think the same thing about this situation. Now that he's ticked-off about being demoted, I have a feeling that we're going to see what Sammy is really made of. Besides, I have a feeling both him and his new linemates can learn a few things from each others and make this experiment a positive one.

Can't wait for the game to start tomorrow because there's nothing like a good ol' Habs-Bruins game!

bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Westfield Eagle*

Send a message via AIM to Westfield Eagle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo_Joe_19 View Post
Yes thats fantastic,good for him,did we pass the first round?
Nope, and I think I know why.

Westfield Eagle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 07:57 AM
mcphee

Quote:

I've heard the guy on radio with PJ Stock and he does sound like a good guy. IMO, he hadn't been awful the last few games, but he hadn't played like a 'go to' guy [Sammy's words]. Maybe the staff thinks he needs to get pushed out of a comfort zone, like you say.

If the team was being run by a previous admninstration, I'd be grumbling about publicity stunts, or favoritsim, but Carbo,Gainey,Muller, Jarvis ? Nah, unless I'm a poor judge of character.

Pierre McGuire was discussing how when Carbo went to Dallas from St.L., Hitchcock benched him. His game had gone south and at a point, Gainey called him in and explained that despite their history, his reputation, he had better re-dedicate himself because Hitch wasn't going to play him on memories. I thought Carbo's game was re-born in Dallas, and as much as he had fine career in Mtl, I believe he learned a lot there about running a team.

Then again, I'm rambling and you're all hoping Kovalev and Latendresse start fighting on the bench tonight. Hope you enjoy your game after tonight.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote