HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The Pittsburgh Penguins

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 10:20 AM
JDB3939

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjrocks100700
My hope is the Pens move to Portland, the NHL really wants a presence in the US Pacific Northwest, that will free up a spot in the East for the CBJ!
As long as Mario owns the Pens they aren't going anywhere. And I doubt the NHL is going to want Mario out of being "in the loop". With Mario still involved in the NHL he can still help promote the game. Let's face it, Mario is one of TWO players in the world that practically every American would know about. The other being Gretzky himself.

Old
12-30-2003, 05:34 AM
iagreewithidiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano
Huh? Since when has Mario ever lifted a finger to prpmote the game - in the US? He runs back to Canada when there is promotion to to do. I've seen him on commercials in Canada where is in unifiorm. Guess what uniform he is wearing. It isn't the Penguins. It's team Canada!
You must get around. I cant quote anything thats on television outside my immediate area.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:53 AM
DJ Spinoza

I'm bumping this. Early indications make this a good trade for both teams, as Kings and Pens fans said originally. The Penguins are unable to unload an older player who doesn't help them in the future, and at least some of his salary. In return they are able to get a stopgap defensemen in Strbak who has filled in well, as well as a 19 year old prospect who gets consistent time under Tikhonov in the Russian League, and also just had a great showing at the WJC.

This was a hockey trade, not a dump. And it was a smart trade by the Penguins and the Kings.

Closed Thread