HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs trade Philippe Lefebvre and a 7th to Florida for George Parros

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I'm not naming names but a lot of irrelevant crap has been posted on this thread. Fortunately, it was in cyberspace and not on paper, so no trees had to be chopped down. There's only one pertinent point: Was the trade of Lefebvre + a 7th for Parros favorable to the Habs? I do. If anyone thinks it wasn't, please state your reasons and refrain from mentioning Briere, O'Byrne, Desharnais, Gionta, etc.
We'll see with the level of play Parros can give. Last season he seemed to be less effective, but since it look like it was an anomaly, I'm confident. For sure it would have been even better without the draft pick involved, but still I think it will be a good minor move, in the end.

Something to add, Parros is a very intelligent guy too, on and off the ice.

Old
07-07-2013, 05:58 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
... Prust "survived" Mcclaren you mean

As for the rest yea it's not that bad
Survived? McLaren is not that imposing of a player. Prust is a great fighter, just not big.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:03 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Prust parros moen could all take clarkson. White and tinordi would also give him a run 99.9 is wrong
Moen is a bad fighter and hasn't dropped anyone in a long time. His fights tend to result in draws.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven View Post
Dont forget our new offensive dynamo Daniel " caracter" briere
He is the reason Parros is in Montreal, watch.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Moen is a bad fighter and hasn't dropped anyone in a long time. His fights tend to result in draws.
Yeah so long ago, like may 5 against Chris Neil...

Old
07-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
yea..still drops 99.9% of our players
Not sure where you figure that. Clarkson is a decent middle weight. Guys like White Tinordi Prust and Moen can take him.

Quote:
When he fights guys to a draw they are usually pretty tough guys. If Moen is the 3rd best fighter on our team we're fine in that aspect.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:31 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Yeah so long ago, like may 5 against Chris Neil...
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117540

That didn't seem like a win to me...a draw at best, and most voters consider it a loss.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Forsead

Quote:

That didn't seem like a win to me...a draw at best, and most voters consider it a loss.
I never said he won, you said he didn't dropped against anyone for a while which is false.

He also won against Crombeen and Campbell this season...

Old
07-07-2013, 06:42 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

He's adapting well.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:42 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

When he fights guys to a draw they are usually pretty tough guys. If Moen is the 3rd best fighter on our team we're fine in that aspect.
What he does is hold on and twirl a lot. Unimpressive and a sign he can't handle so-called "big boys". Moen's value to this team is defense and PK'ing, not fighting.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:48 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Quote:
I never said he won, you said he didn't dropped against anyone for a while which is false.

He also won against Crombeen and Campbell this season...
Well, I don't see an "against" anywhere in my post.

"Dropped anyone" has a much different meaning from "dropped them against anyone". The former refers to knocking someone down. The latter refers to the act of dropping something, which in this case are his gloves.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:15 PM
OpenIceHit

vCash: 677
Quote:

Wow! Bad memories!!! LA HONTE!! Losing all 5 fights ...

Old
07-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Laboeuf

Basically we didn't want to resign Lefebve, so we did traded our 7th round to FLD for their 7th round next year thus gaving back their draft pick and Lefebve for Parros.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Feintastic

Quote:
We'll see with the level of play Parros can give. Last season he seemed to be less effective, but since it look like it was an anomaly, I'm confident. For sure it would have been even better without the draft pick involved, but still I think it will be a good minor move, in the end.

Something to add, Parros is a very intelligent guy too, on and off the ice.
Wow someone smart enough to understand, smart habs fans are rare nowadays, honestly !

Old
07-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I'm not naming names but a lot of irrelevant crap has been posted on this thread. Fortunately, it was in cyberspace and not on paper, so no trees had to be chopped down. There's only one pertinent point: Was the trade of Lefebvre + a 7th for Parros favorable to the Habs? I do. If anyone thinks it wasn't, please state your reasons and refrain from mentioning Briere, O'Byrne, Desharnais, Gionta, etc.
First let me state that this is a very very minor and inconsequential move.

Second, enforcers have a limited shelf life. You don't see too many 40 year old ones. At 33, Parros has just about reached the end of the line for an enforcer. I don't have a problem with getting one, but I don't see much usefulness in an enforcer that is over the hill, not as hungry, and probably not scaring too many people. For me, enforcers need to either be really scary dudes OR be able to play on a 4th line without looking completely terrible. I don't think Parros is either of those things.

At best Parros will be a punching bag and will save Prust a few headaches.

Personally, I am 100% against staged fights between enforcers. I find them meaningless and boring. They are also bound to disappear in the next 10-15 years. The league will have a bunch of lawsuits on its hands if they don't crack down on it in some way. But.. while they are there, I think an enforcer can be useful. But I don't know if punching bags really are.

Old
07-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Beendair Donedat

It's a great pick up because the Habs have been pushed around for a long time and Prust, although he tried hard, was done by the playoffs because we didn't have any toughness.

He instantly neutralizes the Orr's, Thornton's and other designated heavyweights that ran roughshod over the Habs lately. Prust can handle the second tier guys, and Moen/White also can pitch in... Still need a guy like Ryan Malone to add size and toughness in the top 9 though.

Old
07-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
What he does is hold on and twirl a lot. Unimpressive and a sign he can't handle so-called "big boys". Moen's value to this team is defense and PK'ing, not fighting.
Thornton does the sane thing and some have him as a great enforcer.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:00 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Thornton does the sane thing and some have him as a great enforcer.
Thornton fights more often. Thornton also has some real wins on his fight card recently against guys like Mike Rupp and Jon Erskine. Where Thornton fails is against heavyweights like Orr or John Scott.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Quares27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Thank you. IMHO it depends on whether Parros can skate and check well enough to take a regular shift. This fantasy that he'll sit in the press box, then sit on the bench, then finally go out to beat up Lucic or McLaren, is ridiculous.
I don't think this trade really has too much downside. He provides someone big to stand up for his teammates and neutralize most teams. He will probably make the 4th line worse but it's a tradeoff for toughness. However I agree that to expect him to come in and be able to counter teams like Boston/Toronto/Ottawa is very unrealistic because a) he has declined as a fighter and b) the entire team is still pretty soft. He can't come in and all of a sudden make the Habs so much tougher to come up against, just like nobody thought the Panthers were tough to play against just because they had Parros. Dropyourgloves only had Parros winning 1 fight last season and it was against Nick Grossmann who is a non fighter so that's a bit worrying.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Thornton fights more often. Thornton also has some real wins on his fight card recently against guys like Mike Rupp and Jon Erskine. Where Thornton fails is against heavyweights like Orr or John Scott.
...and Parros is a heavyweight, go look at his fights against Boogard Scott Orr etc.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:32 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quares27 View Post
I don't think this trade really has too much downside. He provides someone big to stand up for his teammates and neutralize most teams. He will probably make the 4th line worse but it's a tradeoff for toughness. However I agree that to expect him to come in and be able to counter teams like Boston/Toronto/Ottawa is very unrealistic because a) he has declined as a fighter and b) the entire team is still pretty soft. He can't come in and all of a sudden make the Habs so much tougher to come up against, just like nobody thought the Panthers were tough to play against just because they had Parros. Dropyourgloves only had Parros winning 1 fight last season and it was against Nick Grossmann who is a non fighter so that's a bit worrying.
and 1 year before, only 2 loss in 11 fights. Bad year happen, maybe he will bounce back.

Last edited by bud12: 07-08-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old
07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

People need to watch the fights, Parros is clearly still an elite heavyweight.

Even in one of his "losses" he KO'd John Scott. John Scott is the biggest heavyweight in the league, and Parros fought him twice last year in two great tilts, and knocked him out in one of them.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:10 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
First let me state that this is a very very minor and inconsequential move.

Second, enforcers have a limited shelf life. You don't see too many 40 year old ones. At 33, Parros has just about reached the end of the line for an enforcer. I don't have a problem with getting one, but I don't see much usefulness in an enforcer that is over the hill, not as hungry, and probably not scaring too many people. For me, enforcers need to either be really scary dudes OR be able to play on a 4th line without looking completely terrible. I don't think Parros is either of those things.

At best Parros will be a punching bag and will save Prust a few headaches.

Personally, I am 100% against staged fights between enforcers. I find them meaningless and boring. They are also bound to disappear in the next 10-15 years. The league will have a bunch of lawsuits on its hands if they don't crack down on it in some way. But.. while they are there, I think an enforcer can be useful. But I don't know if punching bags really are.
Totally agree.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:21 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

Even in one of his "losses" he KO'd John Scott. John Scott is the biggest heavyweight in the league, and Parros fought him twice last year in two great tilts, and knocked him out in one of them.
He did not KO Scott. He did very well in both fights though.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

No he didn't...

Closed Thread