HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canadiens sign Martin St-Pierre, Nick Tarnasky and Robert Mayer

Old
07-07-2013, 06:30 AM
SAKS AVENUE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs24 View Post
Instant respect with that line. Hopefully we will at some point this season
Things will be better for us but Tarnasky has trouble with Sortini, isn't Sortini a punch bag? How will that work out against Lucic or Thorton?

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:25 AM
SAKS AVENUE

Ugh..........Answering my own questions. Please people, first game against Bruins don't be calling for Habs to call up Tarnasky, all you will see is this.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP0551Vrz4Y

Old
07-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Great great news ponctuated with a more troubling one....A 2-year deal to Mayer might mean that they envision him as their starting goalie....That would be terrible.
I think you worry too much about who will be our AHL goalie. Sure Tokarski gives orgasms at WJC but he's probably career AHL at this point.

inb4 you need Condon with Tokarski.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:11 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
I think you worry too much about who will be our AHL goalie. Sure Tokarski gives orgasms at WJC but he's probably career AHL at this point.

Sounds like you didn't watch him in hamilton last year.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:22 AM
MXD

... Tarnasky can play center, right ?

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post

The idea is to give your AHL team a great team so that your future players, that learned how to play on an incredibly bad team, learn how to play in a much better one. So your farm team would need to win at one point. So your goalie, needs to be a very good AHL goalie. So first, the fact that Tokarski could only be JUST a career AHL goalie, is good enough for me. But then, you also, need somewhat of depth as if one goalie drops, you need to have another one. Mayer cannot fit the profile.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Forsead

Quote:
The idea is to give your AHL team a great team so that your future players, that learned how to play on an incredibly bad team, learn how to play in a much better one. So your farm team would need to win at one point. So your goalie, needs to be a very good AHL goalie. So first, the fact that Tokarski could only be JUST a career AHL goalie, is good enough for me. But then, you also, need somewhat of depth as if one goalie drops, you need to have another one. Mayer cannot fit the profile.
Let's get Bryzgalov

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:02 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Ugh..........Answering my own questions. Please people, first game against Bruins don't be calling for Habs to call up Tarnasky, all you will see is this.......

Its not about beating Lucic. Its about showing up to fight Lucic. Same with Neil. Tarnasky has experience with Neil. It at least shuts Neil up when he taunts the Habs bench about what they are going to do about Eller getting taken out.

Going to enjoy seeing his call-ups for sure.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Justin St Pierre

Hi, I'm from another board, but coming in the most pleasant of manners.

I would like to congratulate your organization on signing Martin St. Pierre. He will be very good for your AHL team. He is small, but he plays very big. He has a lot of heart (he was Captain of the IceHogs this year), experience, and skill. He plays with a very, very long stick. When he was with the Bruins, only Chara's stick was longer, even though he is a foot taller than St. Pierre. St. Pierre says it gives him better vision with the puck and helps his play-making. He's a perennial all-star in the AHL and, even at 5'9" and 187 lbs, has dropped the gloves a few times. I recall him sometimes killing penalties, too. One of his NHL goals may even be short-handed. Well, anyway, he is my favorite player, and I am so happy an organization like yours (and his favorite one) has seen the value in having him on their AHL team!

Do you think there is any chance he would be looked at as a call-up if the situation warranted? Just wondering. He is an AHL guy, but I'd love to see him play in the NHL one more time.

Thanks and good luck! I would like to see a very strong, competitive division for next year.

Justin St Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 06:35 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Its not about beating Lucic. Its about showing up to fight Lucic. Same with Neil. Tarnasky has experience with Neil. It at least shuts Neil up when he taunts the Habs bench about what they are going to do about Eller getting taken out.

Going to enjoy seeing his call-ups for sure.
Komisarek showed up a few times, that did a lot for him and us as fans. Press the link and watch the video I posted. If your going to enjoy that then you will be enjoying it all by yourself. Total ****-kicking in the worst way.

I get your point, but at the same time I don't.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:36 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

yeah sure but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKe78gzZiBM

and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnwM7yPIv98

not bad if you ask me

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
But then Clarkson and Asham aren,t exactly heavyweights...

Old
07-07-2013, 08:25 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Komisarek showed up a few times, that did a lot for him and us as fans. Press the link and watch the video I posted. If your going to enjoy that then you will be enjoying it all by yourself. Total ****-kicking in the worst way.

I get your point, but at the same time I don't.
Komisarek was an important DMan for us when Lucic went on the rampage.

We can only hope that someone like Tarnasky would have been there to take the ass kicking that he dished out to Komisarek.

That's my point. We dont need someone to beat Lucic or Thornton every time. We just need someone to stand up for players like Gallagher or Emelin when targeted by goonish players.

And I would take a Tarnasky/Lucic 5 minute tradeoff every game.

Hope you understand what I am saying.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin St Pierre View Post

I would like to congratulate your organization on signing Martin St. Pierre. He will be very good for your AHL team. He is small, but he plays very big. He has a lot of heart (he was Captain of the IceHogs this year), experience, and skill. He plays with a very, very long stick. When he was with the Bruins, only Chara's stick was longer, even though he is a foot taller than St. Pierre. St. Pierre says it gives him better vision with the puck and helps his play-making. He's a perennial all-star in the AHL and, even at 5'9" and 187 lbs, has dropped the gloves a few times. I recall him sometimes killing penalties, too. One of his NHL goals may even be short-handed. Well, anyway, he is my favorite player, and I am so happy an organization like yours (and his favorite one) has seen the value in having him on their AHL team!

Do you think there is any chance he would be looked at as a call-up if the situation warranted? Just wondering. He is an AHL guy, but I'd love to see him play in the NHL one more time.

Thanks and good luck! I would like to see a very strong, competitive division for next year.
Considering Habs injury history I'd say he's got as good as shot as getting a NHL stint with the Habs as any other team in the NHL. After all, Habs have no issues playing people with his size.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:50 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Komisarek was an important DMan for us when Lucic went on the rampage.

We can only hope that someone like Tarnasky would have been there to take the ass kicking that he dished out to Komisarek.

That's my point. We dont need someone to beat Lucic or Thornton every time. We just need someone to stand up for players like Gallagher or Emelin when targeted by goonish players.

And I would take a Tarnasky/Lucic 5 minute tradeoff every game.

Hope you understand what I am saying.

I do get what you are saying, I just want to see the Habs win a good fight for once. I want Chara dropped, I want Lucic dropped, I want Neil dropped.......

Ever since Chara broke Ivanins orbital bone we have been everyones *****hh. Time for a change, I don't care who is going off for 5 mins as long as it's not a Hab who has been embarrassed again.

Old
07-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin St Pierre View Post

He might get a chance, but he's exactly what this young AHL team needed. Given the fact that he and Tarnasky probably have more pro experience combined than the rest of the team, he'll likely be captain again.

He gets 220,000 (iirc) for the AHL. It's very possible that he could be called up.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
And yet, Habs fans wanted Bergevin to sign Clarkson and when he traded for Parros, some suggested picking up Asham for free instead.

Old
07-07-2013, 08:54 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Ya
I saw those, but after I saw the Lucic one I cried a little from disappointment. Wish we could just find a new guy that nobody knows and he just pummels everyone.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
And yet, Habs fans wanted Bergevin to sign Clarkson and when he traded for Parros, some suggested picking up Asham for free instead.
But even those 2 have a different purpose. Honestly, for me, Tarnasky, is just the AHL goon. Enough with getting him in Montreal, not his role. He's there to protect our guys in Hamilton. Clarkson would have been great in a top 9 role and Asham...well I didn't want him. But neither could take heavyweights even if Asham has done it in the past. But the past isn't the present and certainly not the future. As a whole lot of heart, but he's about to be done.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:02 PM
puckeater

Quote:
Ya
I saw those, but after I saw the Lucic one I cried a little from disappointment. Wish we could just find a new guy that nobody knows and he just pummels everyone.
Man, stop using the hockey team to compensate for your insecurities. Look to GSP for that.

puckeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:08 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
I was mainly just rebutting Saks who was (seemingly) only concentrating on the Lucic fight. We already have Parros to take care of the HWs. If we happen to need some real toughness one night, Prust, Tarnasky and Parros could indeed help. Even still Tarnasky looks like a more than adequate role player to help protect some of our young talent.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:21 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckeater View Post
Man, stop using the hockey team to compensate for your insecurities. Look to GSP for that.
I don't get it. All I want is a Hab to win a fight, especially against Lucic, Thornton, or anything wearing a Leaf shirt. As far as I'm concerned? I can take of myself thank-you.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:23 AM
25get

We dropped Hagel and Stortini for Tarnasky.
Looking at their respective "scores" at dropyourgloves, not sure we are better off.
There may be a need in Hamilton for another enforcer.
With Tinordi, those two did a total of 58 fights.

As for Mayer, he was the best until Tokarski came on board.
For now, it seems that three 23 years old goalies are going to compete with the Dogs.
Condon may be interesting but he has less than 4 ECHL games and 5 AHL games.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 06:25 AM
bud12

I always see Tarnasky as a ahl version of Thorburn.

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Things will be better for us but Tarnasky has trouble with Sortini, isn't Sortini a punch bag? How will that work out against Lucic or Thorton?
What? Are Lucic and Thornton getting sent to the minors? Did I miss something?

I think it will be good for Hamilton to have better players on the ice, and Tarnasky is a better player (by a lot) than Hagel and Stortini. Whether he can fight as well or not, I don't really care. He fights a bit. But also scores some.

St.Pierre is a great signing.

I'd like to see the Habs sign another D-man for the big team and send Bouillon down to mentor the D and replace St-Denis.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote