HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines for next season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2013, 12:02 AM
  #51
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
If Forsberg doesn't make the lineup he will go back overseas. He won't play in the AHL for us.
Don't know if that's true, he played in the AHL this past season right?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:11 AM
  #52
Infinite Jest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Don't know if that's true, he played in the AHL this past season right?
Nope

Infinite Jest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:59 AM
  #53
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
So I take it that if Barkov had actually fallen to #4 as originally hoped and made the Preds out of camp that he would have constituted someone who "developed elsewhere" and was "drafted ready" and therefore proof that forward problems can never be solved until Poile has been sacrificed old-fashioned Aztec style to the hockey gods, right?

Really, hon. This is getting silly.
But that's true. How can you concider him developed by Preds if he came in ready to compete on NHL level?

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:02 AM
  #54
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Don't know if that's true, he played in the AHL this past season right?
Nope. Just like Ekholm. Will fly out

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:06 AM
  #55
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,022
vCash: 500
1) Radulov was drafted in 2004, but didn't play a single game for the Predators until October of 2006. He obviously didn't come in ready to compete in the NHL. Keep moving the goal posts.

2) Forsberg never played in the AHL. His season in Sweden ended, and he came over immediately. If he doesn't make it out of camp it is my understanding he will have to go back to Europe as there is no transfer agreement to allow players to come over the the AHL, only the NHL. I could be wrong.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 06:43 AM
  #56
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,194
vCash: 500
well, I do know that Forsberg was "sent" to Milwaukee at one point and then recalled the next day(tsn's player page confirms this) although he didnt actually play a game in milwaukee. not sure if that was allowed because Leskand's season was over or what... but he was technically in the AHL for one day

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:05 AM
  #57
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
well, I do know that Forsberg was "sent" to Milwaukee at one point and then recalled the next day(tsn's player page confirms this) although he didnt actually play a game in milwaukee. not sure if that was allowed because Leskand's season was over or what... but he was technically in the AHL for one day
I think he was just assigned for 24 hours to help with the Preds max roster number, they didn't put every injured player on IR so I believe they were at the cap with him and if I remember correctly there were like 6 to 8 players hurt at the end of the season. It was the day of the last Detroit game. He didn't actually travel to Milwaukee.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:46 AM
  #58
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I think he was just assigned for 24 hours to help with the Preds max roster number, they didn't put every injured player on IR so I believe they were at the cap with him and if I remember correctly there were like 6 to 8 players hurt at the end of the season. It was the day of the last Detroit game. He didn't actually travel to Milwaukee.
He was assigned to Milwaukee in a paper transaction for the next to last game of the season, but did not ever play for Milwaukee. The reason was due to the CBA making 6 games the cutoff period for earning a year of service on a player's ELC and preventing it from sliding. Because Forsberg only played in five games last season, he remains under contract for three years on his ELC. Had he played a 6th game, he would have earned a year of service towards free agency.

As for why he wasn't just scratched, the Predators had nearly half the roster on IR and all of the Milwaukee recalls were done on an emergency basis - under the guise of having no available players to play. Should Forsberg have been a healthy scratch, the Predators would have had to immediately reassign all of the Milwaukee players back to the AHL and would not have two lines to skate in the game that night...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:46 AM
  #59
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
I thought his assignment to MIL was to keep his ELC contract from beginning, or something to that affect???

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:55 AM
  #60
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Nope. Just like Ekholm. Will fly out
Ekholm was contractually obligated to go back to Sweden his first year in North America because his SEL team had the right to recall him should he be sent to the AHL. It was not his choice and that was what causes a lot of the friction at the start of that season.

This is not the case with Forsberg since he was a first round pick and is under contract to the NHL. Forsberg can refuse to report to the AHL, but he would be in violation of his contract. Irregardless, I believe he starts the season in Nashville...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:07 AM
  #61
Persona5
Registered User
 
Persona5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Ekholm was contractually obligated to go back to Sweden his first year in North America because his SEL team had the right to recall him should he be sent to the AHL. It was not his choice and that was what causes a lot of the friction at the start of that season.

This is not the case with Forsberg since he was a first round pick and is under contract to the NHL. Forsberg can refuse to report to the AHL, but he would be in violation of his contract. Irregardless, I believe he starts the season in Nashville...

But if he doesnt make the team he still has a year left under contract overseas so he has to go play there.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:10 AM
  #62
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
But if he doesnt make the team he still has a year left under contract overseas so he has to go play there.
I don't believe the SEL has the right of first refusal in this case though. With Ekholm they did because he was not a first round pick. Forsberg is however.

Maybe that is not the case. I'm probably wrong. I do think that Forsberg is in the plans for the Predators this season though issuing this moot if they decide to keep him.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:11 PM
  #63
Cashville
RIP Lindback
 
Cashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
This is how I think it will shape out.

RW C LW
Hornqvist - Fisher - Wilson
Stalberg - Legwand - Forsberg
Smith - Cullen - Bourque
Hendricks - Gaustad - Nystrom
I agree with this the most thus far, something has to give though as I see Beck and possibly Watson getting more NHL time as the season progresses and I don't think we bench Spaling all season. I know there are some concerns about the Hendricks / Nystrom signing, but that is a good looking checking line with solid PK options. The third line also looks very solid and may be a good setup to turn Smith's play around; he had a great World Championship campaign with Stasny and I haven't given up on him yet.

I really want Trotz to experiment with a Stalberg / Wilson / Forsberg line for ES play; the transition speed there is scary.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:12 PM
  #64
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,022
vCash: 500
I agree. Shy of a terrible camp, I think there is a spot for Forsberg in the top nine.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:36 PM
  #65
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / Matt Cullen ($3.500m) / Taylor Beck ($0.887m)
Viktor Stalberg ($3.000m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Filip Forsberg ($1.461m)
Gabriel Bourque ($0.775m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Matt Hendricks ($1.850m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.250m) / Eric Nystrom ($2.500m)
Richard Clune ($0.538m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.857m) / Roman Josi ($4.000m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / Mattias Ekholm ($1.025m)
Seth Jones ($3.125m) / Victor Bartley ($0.667m)
Ryan Ellis ($1.440m)
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Carter Hutton ($0.550m)
OTHER
Buried: Craig Smith ($1.075m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,348,810; BONUSES: $1,235,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,186,190

I actually don't see either Smith or Spaling on the roster next season, so take away the $1+ mil cap hit for Smith and figure you add $2+ mil as bonuses for Jones' contract and we have almost $6 mil in cap space.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:45 PM
  #66
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Ekholm was contractually obligated to go back to Sweden his first year in North America because his SEL team had the right to recall him should he be sent to the AHL. It was not his choice and that was what causes a lot of the friction at the start of that season.

This is not the case with Forsberg since he was a first round pick and is under contract to the NHL. Forsberg can refuse to report to the AHL, but he would be in violation of his contract. Irregardless, I believe he starts the season in Nashville...
I don't think it is matter what round he was picked at. NHL and SEL has transfer agreement in place. AHL does not. So if he has one year left there, they can take him back.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:45 PM
  #67
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / Matt Cullen ($3.500m) / Taylor Beck ($0.887m)
Viktor Stalberg ($3.000m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Filip Forsberg ($1.461m)
Gabriel Bourque ($0.775m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Matt Hendricks ($1.850m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.250m) / Eric Nystrom ($2.500m)
Richard Clune ($0.538m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.857m) / Roman Josi ($4.000m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / Mattias Ekholm ($1.025m)
Seth Jones ($3.125m) / Victor Bartley ($0.667m)
Ryan Ellis ($1.440m)
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Carter Hutton ($0.550m)
OTHER
Buried: Craig Smith ($1.075m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,348,810; BONUSES: $1,235,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,186,190

I actually don't see either Smith or Spaling on the roster next season, so take away the $1+ mil cap hit for Smith and figure you add $2+ mil as bonuses for Jones' contract and we have almost $6 mil in cap space.
I agree about Spaling but I don't think they will give up on Smith yet. Beck maybe the victim of having a 2 way contract and end up back in Milwaukee. If Smith falters again then they'll bring Beck back up.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:49 PM
  #68
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
I don't think it is matter what round he was picked at. NHL and SEL has transfer agreement in place. AHL does not. So if he has one year left there, they can take him back.
Or they can buy it out for ~$250k. Prior to the current transfer agreement, it did matter as in was the case with Ekholm.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:26 PM
  #69
oreilly22
Registered User
 
oreilly22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Oahu
Country: United States
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
I think people are under-rating how our offensive roster will be next year. We now have 3 decent centers. Our depth at wing is extremely good imo. The potential 4th line looks like the best we've had in years.

Trotzy can feel comfortable in the shootout having a lineup of Cullen, Hendricks, and Legwand. Cullen and Gaustad should win us tons of faceoffs.

Call me crazy, but I think if Forsberg gets it going, Wilson shows he can keep up his pace from last year, and Jones is the player that the hockey world thinks he is, then this iteration will be better than the 2011-2012 Preds. What good pieces are we missing from that regular season? Erat, Suter, and SK. Erat was a great player, but Stalberg should make up for his scoring, Jones and a more mature Josi should make a case for taking Suter's place, and SK was as streaky as an English football game (so easily replaced).

The owners opened up their wallets, and Poile finally got a chance to show what he can do with a team close to the cap. Let's find out

oreilly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 06:52 PM
  #70
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,219
vCash: 500
Doing the stat projections on the Preds projected to 75 games a piece you easily could see 220-230 goals next season.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:01 PM
  #71
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,466
vCash: 500
Wilson-Legwand-Stalberg
Beck-Fisher-Hornqvist
Bourque/Smith-Cullen-Forsberg
Nystrom-Goose-Bourque/Smith/Hendricks

Weber-Jones/Josi
Klein-Josi
Ellis-Ekholm

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:13 PM
  #72
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,137
vCash: 500
Wilson-Fisher-hornqvist
stalberg-cullen-forsberg/bourque
Beck-Legwand-bourque/smith
Hendricks-gaustad-nystrom/spaling/smith/clune

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:21 PM
  #73
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Wilson-Legwand-Stalberg
Beck-Fisher-Hornqvist
Bourque/Smith-Cullen-Forsberg
Nystrom-Goose-Bourque/Smith/Hendricks

Weber-Jones/Josi
Klein-Josi
Ellis-Ekholm
I really like that potential 3rd line of Bourque-Cullen-Forsberg

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:45 PM
  #74
Delicious Pancakes
Registered User
 
Delicious Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Penner's spare tire
Country: Canada
Posts: 765
vCash: 500
Oilers fan here. I'm impressed by the free agents the Predators brought in. I was noticing in the lineups posted though that Craig Smith seems to be the odd man out for a lot of you. I don't watch enough Preds games to have an informed opinion but he seemed to play well enough against the Oilers. How does he normally play? I notice he's a minus player the past couple years. Is that on him or partly a result of who he was playing with? He probably wouldn't play center next year, how is he on the wing?


Last edited by Delicious Pancakes: 07-07-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Delicious Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:07 AM
  #75
Persona5
Registered User
 
Persona5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Pancakes View Post
Oilers fan here. I'm impressed by the free agents the Predators brought in. I was noticing in the lineups posted though that Craig Smith seems to be the odd man out for a lot of you. I don't watch enough Preds games to have an informed opinion but he seemed to play well enough against the Oilers. How does he normally play? I notice he's a minus player the past couple years. Is that on him or partly a result of who he was playing with? He probably wouldn't play center next year, how is he on the wing?
He has the talent to play a top 6 role. I still think he is suffering from a confidence issue since he shot a puck from the blue ice on an empty net over the crossbar. Ever since then he hasn't been the same player. Hopefully the world tournament got him going again and if it did we may have a very good scorer on our hands.

I wish somehow we could pry Stasney away from Colorado. He would make us so much better.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.