HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Full original 6 games (MOD: and now other historic games) on Google video

Old
11-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
Anyone have a radio broadcast of a game up online somewhere from before 1952?

Or even the 20s, how damn cool would that be. Though I guess it would be impossible because I don't think radio could or was being recorded back then? Though anything on TV should obviously be on film and I hope someday CBC or some other place unveils archives of old footage of full games from the 50s, even what we have up here now wasn't around 7 or 10 yrs back.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 03:56 AM
ot92s

great playoff game from the '80s with savard tying the oilers in knots on the powerplay.

ot92s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:44 PM
EdmontonFanatic

If you go on YouTube and search up NHLOnlineVideos, that guy has tons of stuff, 1974 Summit Series, games 6 and 7 of the 1994 ECF, entire 2007 WCF series etc.... great youtuber and he has some vintage footage

EdmontonFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Conflicted Habs fan

vCash: 50
Interesting

Conflicted Habs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Dim75dim
Rookie User

http://www.youtube.com/user/agro75agro/about
There are many complete hockey games.
The channel will be replenished every week 5-6 games.
There will be more older games

Dim75dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Theokritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim75dim View Post
Nice that your video collection is still available! But the link you have posted does not work. This one does: http://www.youtube.com/user/agro75agro

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Uncle Rotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim75dim View Post
You're back! Praise be!

Uncle Rotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Dim75dim
Rookie User

1933 Stanley Cup Final , Toronto Maple Leafs - New York Rangers -
This is - a short film about 4 game of the Stanley Cup 1933
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVSR8BtNtLw

Old
05-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Any new games uploaded in the past few months?

Enjoying the 1960 final atm...found it on TSTN. Mtl vs Tor.....so....many....HOFers. I also loved when the fans threw stuff on the ice lol.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Dim75dim
Rookie User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLYtTVlfX5M

NHL 15/11/69 Philadelphia at Toronto

Old
07-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 72
Sorry about the long hiatus everyone.
I am only now realizing that google video no longer exists and that all my previous uploads need a new home.

When I think of how many days and weeks I put into getting these games on here.....

I am going to start trying to re-upload them on to another media site. Is youtube now allowing videos longer than 10 minutes? it seems so. That is a relief. I used to try breaking the videos into segments, but that took forever. Can I upload 3 hour videos is the question.

The other question is the legality of it. I was hassled by youtube several times over copyrights when I tried uploading games in the past.

I will try to clean up this thread as well and add all newer additions to the first post. thank you to those still uploading videos

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 09:43 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadows View Post
Sorry about the long hiatus everyone.
I am only now realizing that google video no longer exists and that all my previous uploads need a new home.

When I think of how many days and weeks I put into getting these games on here.....

I am going to start trying to re-upload them on to another media site. Is youtube now allowing videos longer than 10 minutes? it seems so. That is a relief. I used to try breaking the videos into segments, but that took forever. Can I upload 3 hour videos is the question.

The other question is the legality of it. I was hassled by youtube several times over copyrights when I tried uploading games in the past.

I will try to clean up this thread as well and add all newer additions to the first post. thank you to those still uploading videos
I believe all 8 games of the Summit Series are on youtube now, but some might be broken up by period. It looks like Game 8 was uploaded in one long video though:

YouTube was bought by google in case you didn't know; that's probably why google videos doesn't exist anymore.

As for the legality... it really depends on whether someone holds the copyright to those games or not. Legally, you're "supposed to" find out if someone holds a copyright on the games or not before uploading them... good luck with that...

In almost all cases, YouTube won't take the videos down on their own, but will if someone complains. As a general rule, I would think that the older the game, the less likely it is that someone holds the copyright to it (or would bother enforcing a copyright if they do own it).

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I believe all 8 games of the Summit Series are on youtube now, but some might be broken up by period. It looks like Game 8 was uploaded in one long video though:

YouTube was bought by google in case you didn't know; that's probably why google videos doesn't exist anymore.

As for the legality... it really depends on whether someone holds the copyright to those games or not. Legally, you're "supposed to" find out if someone holds a copyright on the games or not before uploading them... good luck with that...

In almost all cases, YouTube won't take the videos down on their own, but will if someone complains. As a general rule, I would think that the older the game, the less likely it is that someone holds the copyright to it (or would bother enforcing a copyright if they do own it).
It is nice to see that the once sparse crop of our old time Hockey games has sprung up and blossomed. When I first started uploading, I did it because a lot of old games and international games were so hard to come by.

Maybe I should browse around and see. I might not need to upload those games anymore if they have spread around

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Killion
Global Moderator
Semolina Pilchard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadows View Post
Maybe I should browse around and see. I might not need to upload those games anymore if they have spread around
Well thank you so much for all of your time & attention, work. Ive really enjoyed them, contributions of others as well.

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:24 PM
agentblack

vCash: 70
Love classic games, only way to get through these lazy summer hockeyless days. Anyone know where I can find any WJC games or highlights from 95-99?

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Sprague Cleghorn

vCash: 50
The 1933 SC Final video was very cool. This thread has gotten me into watching some old legendary games. After reading about some legendary players achievements' on various sources, I can now actually watch and see them instead of imagining them.

So far I have seen Game 5 of the 1984 SCF, and the Miracle on Ice game, and I am looking forward to seeing more old games.

Sprague Cleghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:55 PM
SnowblindNYR

Hey guys are there any 90s and 00s video? That's really the era that interests me most. These videos are from the older years. I've been looking but have been finding it difficult to find games from that era. Even classic series.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 02:44 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

This guy have some old Team Sweden games:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Fear901...ery=tre+kronor

funny stuff here, from 2001, when canada was a part of euro hockey tour (EHT) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPV4LyqDlo

Last edited by TheFatOne: 04-26-2014 at 02:53 PM.
TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote