HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 16.0 - The "Canadian Champions edition" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2013, 10:09 PM
My Velouria
roygbiv

vCash: 500
Just got back from the game.. Horrible. I asked my guy if he knew what was going on and as far he knows, there's nothing. It's just a nasty slump and there's a lot of frustration/tension within the team right now. They aren't communicating as well as they should be. What's unfortunate, however, is that there are some vets (who I will not name) that are just pouting and dragging their feet because things aren't going their way when instead they should be stepping up and steering the team in the right direction.

I personally don't think the slump will last much longer... too much pride on this team.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:10 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

I bet Nesta is one. He's never happy and has already said he wants to retire after the season.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:14 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Globe and Mail reporting Diego Forlan to be announced as new #TFC dp this week.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Wenger's not a striker, he has 0 finish. I don't like subbing off Di Vaio with 5 mins left no matter how lousy his game was. he finishes one of the two chances Wenger had. I hate when we play down to the level of our opponents. Chivas played 11 guys behind the ball all game. they had one single chance and scored. just one. if we played the whole game like the last 15 mins we blow them out.
Paponi also had a poor game, but I think that Schalli decided to sub in Wenger for Di Vaio because there were 5 minutes remaining to the game, and he knew his team would start trying long balls forward. With Di Vaio's small size, better to get Wenger in, but I agree, the guy has 0 finish.

OTOH, I never understood why Schalli waited so long to get Bernier in.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I bet Nesta is one. He's never happy and has already said he wants to retire after the season.
Not sure if you watched Nesta play in his Lazio and Milan days but that's the way he's always been, he talks a lot and looks pissed every time the ball gets to the goalie. He's always been a very proud defender.

And it's not true, he's never said he'd retire after season end, although I think it's time for him to retire. On static plays he still has it, but when the ball starts moving, his body can't follow anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I wonder why he'd join one of the absolutely most terrible teams out there. Anyway, it's always good for the MLS to attract high calibre players. Do the TFC still have a game to play in Montreal? Would definitely go see him play. Di Vaio vs Forlan would be interesting.

Old
07-07-2013, 11:43 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Paponi also had a poor game, but I think that Schalli decided to sub in Wenger for Di Vaio because there were 5 minutes remaining to the game, and he knew his team would start trying long balls forward. With Di Vaio's small size, better to get Wenger in, but I agree, the guy has 0 finish.

OTOH, I never understood why Schalli waited so long to get Bernier in.
That and to remove Romero.

Old
07-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Nesta is really finnished... i think he even is a liability on the field, the only aspect he really brings at this time, is leadership (confidence and calm) other than that.. he as been... pretty... inefective.. and his passes are terrible.. when he got here last summer, he made some crisp lobbing passes, this year... forget it.. i think his mental is catching up his body condition.. also got to mention schalli plays him like he is a 26 year player, he should be subbed at 60 minutes every game..

BTW... i hate Toronto FC... and at this point Saputo must be very very active.. he should aim at 2 dp in the young 30's because once divaio and nesta retire... i dont see romero/nyassi/wenger/pisanu, bring us to where Saputo wants to see his team...

we better start getting some immediate DP (if Forlan really signs with them) help so the transition is easier next year.. even tough im pretty sure Di Vaio will be back.. he still pretty effective at this level.

Last edited by Montreal Impact FC: 07-08-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old
07-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I wonder if Forlan realizes how bad Toronto is. I mean of all teams to choose in the MLS...

Old
07-08-2013, 12:02 PM
My Velouria
roygbiv

Forlan denied all reports that said he was going to TFC. Good news.

Old
07-08-2013, 05:37 PM
JunglePete

Forlan probably realized that Toronto FC is a big no move and said hell no.

Nesta is not finished he is still one of our key defender, although he cant make a partnership with Ferrari anymore. Thats why I always thought Camara - Nesta on defense was the best pair. One good physically the other one technically.

Any news on Rivas ?
We really need him if we aim far for CCL.

Closed Thread