HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Part IX: Free Agency Signing Period Discussion and Rumors

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2013, 03:24 PM
  #301
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
I don't even believe he's 180. He has to be like 195.
Yup, you may be right. I just know he's not 169 anymore. I wonder if they're going to update that any time soon.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:24 PM
  #302
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,517
vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersguru View Post
This person has been proven to be a fraud and shouldn't be used as a creditable source.....move a long.....
He isn't verified or anything, but I believe he was the first to report Alfredsson to the Red Wings and I think another one of the signings that almost nobody expected, so he's either lucky or has some sources.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:25 PM
  #303
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
He isn't verified or anything, but I believe he was the first to report Alfredsson to the Red Wings and I think another one of the signings that almost nobody expected, so he's either lucky or has some sources.
He called the Emery signing along with everyone else I believe.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 04:45 PM
  #304
FlyingPhilly
Registered User
 
FlyingPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
ekblad would be sweet.
Would love to get him next year, but doubt it. Of course, knowing the Flyers they might aim for another F like Ho-Sang.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 04:51 PM
  #305
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 8,954
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
Would love to get him next year, but doubt it. Of course, knowing the Flyers they might aim for another F like Ho-Sang.
who is he? klotz 2.0?

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 04:53 PM
  #306
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
who is he? klotz 2.0?
Nope not at all. He's a flashy offensive forward for Windsor.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:38 PM
  #307
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
I friend of mine in LA asked if there has been reported on trade that was possibly going down at the draft.

Grossmann, Cousins, and a 2nd

for

Clifford and Martinez

I remember there being a thread about a Flyer/Kings trade nothing else.

Has anyone read anything? Would you do that trade?

I love Clifford and I'd feel more comfortable with Grossmann as bottom pairing then Martinez if he didn't have the concussion issues.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:20 AM
  #308
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Rinaldo's listed as 5'11" & 169 lbs. according to the Flyers website. I don't think that weights updated though. He's probably around 180 lbs. now.

Gadreau's built like a 12 year old & Rinaldo's completely filled out. It's hard to compare the two body wise.
He's probably closer to 5'9", standing "near" him at rookie camp two years ago.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 01:37 AM
  #309
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
I friend of mine in LA asked if there has been reported on trade that was possibly going down at the draft.

Grossmann, Cousins, and a 2nd

for

Clifford and Martinez

I remember there being a thread about a Flyer/Kings trade nothing else.

Has anyone read anything? Would you do that trade?

I love Clifford and I'd feel more comfortable with Grossmann as bottom pairing then Martinez if he didn't have the concussion issues.
Grossmann for Clifford is probably fair value wise, but doesn't really make sense since I can't see him fitting anywhere. With Streit and Lecavalier already in the fold, I'd rather have some young guys competing for a spot or two.

I wouldn't do Cousins or a second round pick straight up for Martinez.
So no, I wouldn't do this deal.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 07:08 AM
  #310
chinatown81592
TeddyBridgewater2014
 
chinatown81592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: United States
Country: China
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Quote:
Expect the New York Rangers to announce Ryan McDonagh's 6 year extension today. #TSN

chinatown81592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 07:20 AM
  #311
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,701
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Grossmann for Clifford is probably fair value wise, but doesn't really make sense since I can't see him fitting anywhere. With Streit and Lecavalier already in the fold, I'd rather have some young guys competing for a spot or two.

I wouldn't do Cousins or a second round pick straight up for Martinez.
So no, I wouldn't do this deal.
Kyle Clifford is like 21 or 22 isn't he?

EDIT: He's 22, will be 23 in January.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:32 AM
  #312
Zod
Registered User
 
Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl Expect the New York Rangers to announce Ryan McDonagh's 6 year extension today. #TSN
6 years, 4.7 AAV.

Damn.

Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 08:45 AM
  #313
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
I friend of mine in LA asked if there has been reported on trade that was possibly going down at the draft.

Grossmann, Cousins, and a 2nd

for

Clifford and Martinez

I remember there being a thread about a Flyer/Kings trade nothing else.

Has anyone read anything? Would you do that trade?

I love Clifford and I'd feel more comfortable with Grossmann as bottom pairing then Martinez if he didn't have the concussion issues.
Take the 2nd out and I do it. Clears cap space, adds size to the wing, and gives us a defenseman who skates well and can move the puck well.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:02 AM
  #314
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod View Post
6 years, 4.7 AAV.

Damn.
We need to rethink our D big time after these signings. Dmen are going for cheap!

TheKingPin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:13 AM
  #315
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 8,954
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
We need to rethink our D big time after these signings. Dmen are going for cheap!
How is that cheap? Look at what hamonic got.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:16 AM
  #316
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,301
vCash: 500
It just shows that you have to develop your own defensemen. They don't make it to unrestricted free agency. If they do, the price is sky high.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:22 AM
  #317
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Develop, but not necessarily draft. NY got him in a trade for Gomez.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 09:30 AM
  #318
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89
 
JDinklage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 10,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Develop, but not necessarily draft. NY got him in a trade for Gomez.
I still don't understand why they traded him for Scott freakin Gomez.

__________________
"People usually get what's coming to them, unless it has been mailed."
-Fred Shero
JDinklage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 10:02 AM
  #319
Flying
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yamoussoukro, USA
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I still don't understand why they traded him for Scott freakin Gomez.
at the time gomez was still good and in his first year for nyr he still put up 70 pts. it wasn't until the habs got him that he turned into utter terrible terribleness

Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 10:11 AM
  #320
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89
 
JDinklage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 10,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
at the time gomez was still good and in his first year for nyr he still put up 70 pts. it wasn't until the habs got him that he turned into utter terrible terribleness
Right, he had just put up a 60 point season but still, it was clear his game was deteriorating IMO, he's not big, his cap hit was ridiculous... just seems like he could have been had for less by MTL. I'm not a GM though so who knows?

JDinklage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 10:20 AM
  #321
El Emperor
Registered User
 
El Emperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Marlton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Right, he had just put up a 60 point season but still, it was clear his game was deteriorating IMO, he's not big, his cap hit was ridiculous... just seems like he could have been had for less by MTL. I'm not a GM though so who knows?
It is truly freakin amazing how NY was able to put that albatross tandem of Redden/Gomez/Drury in the rear-view mirror so easily. That last CBA was a complete mess!

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 11:52 AM
  #322
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
It is truly freakin amazing how NY was able to put that albatross tandem of Redden/Gomez/Drury in the rear-view mirror so easily. That last CBA was a complete mess!
You can add Rozsival to that list, he was paid $7M for 2008-09 and $6M for 2009-2010. Sather at his finest. (at least someone was willing to accept Rozsival's contract though, as opposed to the rest you mentioned)

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 11:59 AM
  #323
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!
 
Coppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
It is truly freakin amazing how NY was able to put that albatross tandem of Redden/Gomez/Drury in the rear-view mirror so easily. That last CBA was a complete mess!
And coming June 2014, Brad Richards.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:04 PM
  #324
Fresh34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
God Lundqvist is going to be the highest paid goalie ever next offseason.

Either by Sather giving him a classic Sather contract or Snider handing him something unbelievable if he somehow hits the open market.

Fresh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:07 PM
  #325
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,761
vCash: 50
Lundqvist will never make it to UFA

GoneFullHolmgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.